Spyder Garage

Default Anyone done any Windshield mods to help airflow?

I have a 2008 Spyder GS with a stock touring windshield (See Photos). This shield hits me wrong and I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make it better. Either use a Laminar Lip or equivalent; or try to raise the windshield in some way. Has anyone done any kind of Mod that helps with this windshield?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-01-2024 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SamHuskyguy View Post
    I have a 2008 Spyder GS with a stock touring windshield (See Photos). This shield hits me wrong and I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make it better. Either use a Laminar Lip or equivalent, or try to raise the windshield in some way. Has anyone done any kind of Mod that helps with this windshield?
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back after I bought my 08 GS, I attached a 1200 Gold Wing windshield to the handle bars, so it turned with them. ..... It gave the same protection as it did for the Wing..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back after I bought my 08 GS, I attached a 1200 Gold Wing windshield to the handle bars, so it turned with them. ..... It gave the same protection as it did for the Wing..... Mike
    Blueknight911, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of that would you?

Spyder Garage

Before you start throwing a lot of money at the issue and finding out it didn't improve much try one of these adjustable extensions. Around $30 on Amazon and it proved to be a keeper on my Burgman which had terrible buffeting around my helmet.
    PXL_20240229_160529919.jpg PXL_20240229_160536758.jpg
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Blueknight911, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of that would you?
    Sorry, No ..... There was a video of my 08 GS on this Forum that was done in 2012 but it has dis-appeared ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Before you start throwing a lot of money at the issue and finding out it didn't improve much try one of these adjustable extensions. Around $30 on Amazon and it proved to be a keeper on my Burgman which had terrible buffeting around my helmet.
    PXL_20240229_160529919.jpg PXL_20240229_160536758.jpg
    I was looking at those, but didn't know anyone who had experience with one! Thanks for the advice I'll look into it! BTW I see your in Chillicothe, I live in Oak Hill Ohio.

Spyder Garage

I was looking at those, but didn't know anyone who had experience with one! Thanks for the advice I'll look into it! BTW I see your in Chillicothe, I live in Oak Hill Ohio.
    I have one on top of my oem touring screen.
    Very adjustable and works well for me. Cheap from amazon or ebay.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Hi Oak Hill. I ride in your area often. I have a dear friend out off 279 on Slab Hill Road. If you see a black Spyder RT or a red Suzuki Burgman give me a wave. Try one of those adjustable extensions, they do work well and if not your cup of tea you are only out around $30.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Hi Oak Hill. I ride in your area often. I have a dear friend out off 279 on Slab Hill Road. If you see a black Spyder RT or a red Suzuki Burgman give me a wave. Try one of those adjustable extensions, they do work well and if not your cup of tea you are only out around $30.
    I'll give it a try!! Oldgoat has the same trike and shield as me and he testified it worked for him (Thank Old Goat!) I know exactly where Slab Hill is at! I ride route 279 all the time. Keep your eye out for a Black and Yellow GS SM5. Maybe we can ride sometime.

Spyder Garage

I'll give it a try!! Oldgoat has the same trike and shield as me and he testified it worked for him (Thank Old Goat!) I know exactly where Slab Hill is at! I ride route 279 all the time. Keep your eye out for a Black and Yellow GS SM5. Maybe we can ride sometime.
    I'm not much of a group rider, but if we ever meet I will follow and you can show me some roads I may have never been on in your area. 233 over to Patriot and 775 down to Proctorville is a favorite of mine.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Navydad.... I bought the adjustable extension from amazon and installed it. Made a world of difference!!!! For only $30 it made it so I can ride my Trike with only sunglasses. Great bargain.