Spyder Garage

Default New F3 - Will the F3T or L Bungee Net fit my rack/Saddlebag Mounts?

Hey Everyone! New F3 owner.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-26 at 10.44.53_2d724d3a.jpg

The one that I purchased comes with a back rack and what seems to be saddlebag mounts. Now, I've got my eyes on a bungee net from Slingmods, but it's labeled for F3L and F3T models. Any chance it fits my F3 as well?

I'm also curious about the universality of saddlebag mounts. Do these mounts work across different saddlebag brands or will it be specific to any? I know it's tough to tell from pictures, but any insights would be awesome.

If anyone has experience with these specifics or suggestions for other cool accessories, drop your knowledge here. Appreciate the help!

202312-31591a93bccc4d09a0eae872dc5a1183.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-26-2024 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on getting your Spyder, Bungee net should work, just have to find somewhere to hook it to. The saddlebag mounts are not SHAD mounts, and I don't think they are the Spyder Extras/Slingmods system. Most bags (if not all) will only work on their own mounts. Yours are likely a universal system that the previous owner installed. A picture of the mounts from the side might help identify them, They may be for soft bags, and just there to offer support and keep the bag away from the wheel.
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Thanks! I appreciate the info. Below is a side picture from the dealer.

202312-d6d8560c059f47c3bad098a5d01b4a45.jpg

Spyder Garage

From the side picture, I think you have something like this, https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...8%3F&_osacat=0

Just keeps whatever you use away from rear tire
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Not sure which bungie you are looking at on Slingmods - there are many brands of a simple "cargo bungie" - that usually has like 6 hooks on it - 3 on each side - something like that would work well to strap things onto your rack.

The saddlebags - those look more like "Bag stays" - just designed to keep throw over soft bags from bouncing into the tire/belt/etc. They aren't really sturdy mounts so to speak. Depending on which bag system you decide to go with - will determine what. mounting set up you would like. I have Viking Bags leather wrapped hard bags on my F3S with some quick detach hardware that came with the bags from Viking. What's nice about that is if you want to take the bags off you just end up with 2 little chrome nubs and not something like that big in your face Stay that you have there.

Nice looking ride and much potential - have fun with it!
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone. I may just remove those bag stays since I dont plan on riding with anything more than a backpack. Its minimal, but I'm not a fan of the look.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NYEsp61 View Post
    Thanks everyone. I may just remove those bag stays since I dont plan on riding with anything more than a backpack. Its minimal, but I'm not a fan of the look.
    Nice looking ride. If you will be riding with a back pack, you will possibly be removing the drivers backrest. If you ride that way, be careful that the backpack doesn't scratch the nice looking cowl that you have in place of the rear seat. Enjoy your ride.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Thats a great point. I didn't even consider that. I actually think the backrest feels great so I'll likely leave it as it. Sent a message to slingmods to double-check if the bungee net will work. If not, I might go for a bag that fits right into the frunk.