Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
The other day I went through this routine to get my 2021 RT ready to ride. With the FOBO2 TPMS caps, and by starting out with a tire pressure a bit higher than what CanAm recommends, I have found that I can possibly go the entire riding season without having to do it again, or if I do, it would only be one more time likely in the Fall. I took my first ride of the season here in northern Illinois with my tires at 21 front and 31 rear and the ride was just fine.

Thanks to those who suggested alternative ways of getting to the back tire valve without lying flat on my back, but I could not seem to make that work. I set up a mechanic's stool behind the rear wheel after getting the Spyder to where the tire valve was most accessible, but just couldn't attach the air pump just by feel, so I was back to being flat on my back again. Since I had to go through this task, I put fresh batteries in all the FOBO2 caps, and that should do it for the year.

FWIW, I had a great 100 mile, 2 hour ride in 63 degree weather. The next day we had snow and 14 degrees, but at least I got to ride in February.
Frankly, I don't get the "lying on your back while checking/adding air to the rear tire" thing.

If you have the right gauge/inflator, and it the rear tire is positioned correctly, the worse you can do is kneel. Add a folded towel for padding and boom, there you have it.

The new RTs must have a totally different valve stem than the older RTs (which I have), because it's not necessary for me to "lie on my back" ........ nor do I want to, LOL.