Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by XEXMNR View Post
    So I have had my 2024 RTL for a month now with no Apple Car Play. As others have said, this was the main selling point that prompted me to trade in my 2020 RTL. As of today 3-15-24 my Spyder will connect with my WiFi but the system says no updates are available.
    I have been able to go into "media" and play music from my iPhone using bluetooth, but that is not all I wanted. I would like to be able to use Waze for navigation. I hope to continue to follow this thread for any updates. My dealer and their service department are clueless.
    I appreciate this group.
    Thank you for update, and your input about a possible lawsuit.
    Right now the system is useless, you can't use any of your iphone app on the spyder, besides listening to music from you iphone.
    I can't believe we all spent 30K to go backwards in conductivity with our iphone, at least with my 2018 RT I was able to sync my iphone to the spyder and use the apps.

As for what you said about the dealer, mine did not have a clue either, I found out more info from this site.

Here are some fault codes that show up on my 2024 RT, UO115 and B2215.
    the UO115 is loss of communication with cluster
    The B2215 is heated lever open or short circuit. Heated lever? Now I had one on my snowmobile, but this is a spyder, not a snowmobile. Bad coding I am thinking, didn't remove it.
    Last edited by Johndeeredoo; 03-16-2024 at 12:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    I took delivery of my 2024 RTL on February 29th. I guess you could say it's a leap year baby. At that time, I was told "In a few weeks". Then I was told middle of March, and yesterday when I took it back to the dealer, they said they have no idea when the Apple Carplay will be available. Can you say, "Class Action Lawsuit"? This comes awful close to false advertising in my books. It's not only the RT series but every model that BRP markets, including some of the high dollar off road stuff.
    I was told the same thing, "Hope it'll be no longer than 2-3 weeks", and that was a note that came from BRP. Well, that date went bye, and still nothing...

You're correct, there are other items that use the same system and use apple car play, I hope those customers are complaining to their dealers too.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-18-2024 at 07:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Jusy picked up a brand new 2024 Sea to Sky, Sat, March 16th. Was told the dealer would contact me when the update to make Carplay work comes in. NO time frame given.

BTW the driver's seat back rest is adjustable, just like all other Spyder RT's... two notches on the seat post for height adjustment and the tilt/rake screw hidden inside the back of the cover. Really hidden well... you gotta tilt that forward all the way to get to it. Same adjustment as usual; clockwise to tilt back more; anti clockwise to tilt forward more. To adjust the height, open the driver's side seat, then pull the T-bar latch forward to unlock the seat back. Move it up or down as needed. The notches are close to each other so maybe 1/2" total of adjustment up or down.

pic of new Sea to Sky is in my avatar.

YMMV
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 04:51 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    Jusy picked up a brand new 2024 Sea To Sky Sat March 16th. Was told the dealer would contact me when the update to make Carplay work comes in. NO time frame given.
    I have been told, and read in multiple places, that the software updated required for ACP to work will be an over the air update you can do at home over WiFi. When WiFi works that is, as mine is hit-or-miss if it wants to connect or not. At least we shouldn't have to take the bike in for an update to make ACP work whenever BRP gets their act together and finally releases it.

Spyder Garage

@jfischer... my Sea to Sky is back at the dealer with blank screen issues; U0155 and the B2215 heated lever error. I will have them do the Apple Carplay update that has the solution to these issues and the ability to restore the Carplay to functioning once it becomes available... (sheesh, what, it's 5 months now!) That will avoid any "over the air update" issues. Being an MB owner, I have little faith in those OTA updates, as many times they go wrong, fail, or lock up the things they are meant to fix. Check out the MBworld forums for the horror stories on those.

I really don't care about Carplay as I use Samsungs, but I do care about getting everything working as it should and certainly about actually riding without errors or blank screens. Getting my Sena Mesh working would also be nice.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 04:49 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

@jfischer... my Sea to Sky is back at the dealer with blank screen issues; U0155 and the B2215 heated lever error. I will have them do the Apple Carplay update that has the solution to these issues and the ability to restore the Carplay to functioning once it becomes available... (sheesh, what, it's 5 months now!) That will avoid any "over the air update" issues. Being an MB owner, I have little faith in those OTA updates, as many times they go wrong, fail, or lock up the things they are meant to fix. Check out the MBworld forums for the horror stories on those.

I really don't care about Carplay as I use Samsungs, but I do care about getting everything working as it should and certainly about actually riding without errors or blank screens. Getting my Sena Mesh working would also be nice.
    As I understand it, the update for CarPlay will be available over WiFi when and if it's released, so it won't require a dealer visit. Also, the hang tag does say Android Auto is coming, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen anytime soon.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

@jfischer - that is great that it may be available over a WIFI connection, but I am not going to do that. The bike is at the dealer with the other issues, so I will have them do any and all updates and ensure they are fully functional before picking it up.

Having used Android Auto on my 2022 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD, I find myself using the OEM Toyota maps or google maps interchangeably... whatever is handy.

I have had really bad experiences with MB OTA updates and WILL NOT be the guinea pig as BRP has already demonstrated extremely poor quality-control and poor assistance to the dealers who have to fix things.

And on top of that the battery they are installing has a 6-month warranty, some off-brand chinese make.

Once I get all the issues sorted and fixed, I will get a Yuasa BS supplied battery, fill it, charge it properly, and have the dealer install it with star washers. Because it just might trigger more fault codes...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-23-2024 at 04:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Once I get all the issues sorted and fixed, I will get a Yuasa BS supplied battery, fill it, charge it properly, and have the dealer install it with star washers. Because it just might trigger more fault codes...
    The battery is really easy to replace on the newer Spyders. I swapped mine out on my 2017 in about 5 minutes, the 2024 looks to be about the same. If my stock battery craps out I will just replace it with a Yuasa or some other legit battery myself.

Spyder Garage

That is a plan. I contacted BRP to see what progress they had made with the dealer for giving them assistance.. they had a case number assigned to a senior tech but no updates or record thay had called the dealer. I told them that was unacceptable and the BRP rep then flagged the case # for priority assistance,...We'll see if they really do that.

On Friday my dealer said they had to add more issues to the case for the bike as it now showed an ABS code ( not sure but 0139 ?) along with the screen error U0155 and the B2218 heated grips error. %@#$%@$

FYI i was told by the BRP rep that the CarPlay update ( and screen update as they are linked ) is now due April first or second week...they keep pushing it back....
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 03-25-2024 at 08:44 AM.

Spyder Garage

FYI i was told by the BRP rep that the CarPlay update ( and screen update as they are linked ) is now due April first or second week...they keep pushing it back....
    Obviously they have no idea when it'll be ready since they have constantly claimed "in two weeks" for over a month and half now. Every time the "two week" period is about to end, it's magically gonna be ready in "another two weeks". I'm getting a little P.Od at this point. I waited for the 2024 and ACP since I have moved to a different state and I do not know my way around very well, and really wanted ACP for the navigation capability. For now I have it reading out directions over the speakers which is better than nothing but is not a replacement for having a map up that I can see.

Spyder Garage

So, I have a question as far as the Apple Car Play is concerned. What happens to Car Play when the I-phone shuts down when it over heats? I had been thinking about up-grading to a 2024 model but probably would still have my Zumo onboard as well? Thoughts?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GORP View Post
    So, I have a question as far as the Apple Car Play is concerned. What happens to Car Play when the I-phone shuts down when it over heats? I had been thinking about up-grading to a 2024 model but probably would still have my Zumo onboard as well? Thoughts?
    Since none of us have ACP on a 2024 Spyder, it's a moot point

Like anything else, if the phone overheats and shuts down then ACP goes down with it. Not sure how hot the phone is gonna get in that front pocket under black plastic, but guessing pretty warm. I have been using my phone over Bluetooth to read me directions from Apple Maps over the speakers due to the lack of ACP and it's been fine riding up there. But it also hasn't been over about 75 here so far so it remains to be seen how it handles 20 more degrees.

Spyder Garage

No clue....but then again we wont know until the fix is in and the iPhone gets hot in the sun, won't we? Isnt there a connector in the rear storage, that should stay cooler than the glove box just behind the windscreen.....

Sigh so many promises such a long wait so many issues while waiting...

Spyder Garage

No clue....but then again we wont know until the fix is in and the iPhone gets hot in the sun, won't we? Isnt there a connector in the rear storage, that should stay cooler than the glove box just behind the windscreen.....

Sigh so many promises such a long wait so many issues while waiting...
    I do not see a connector in the rear storage on mine. That's where it was on my 2017 but seems like it's been moved to the new cubby up front on the new ones.

Spyder Garage

Since I live in San Antonio, TX I’ve already installed a USB (MFI Certified) cord (6 foot) from the front storage tray and routed it on left side of Spyder 2024 RTL to under the rider and passenger seat. Then pulled out the round plastic plug in trunk and voila! Connection to IPhone now ready when it starts to get HOT which will be in about 2 weeks or so! More air volume in trunk and I can always buy a small soft cooler bag and put phone in it with some of those “ice packs” to keep phone cool. History: on my 2018 Goldwing, had same problem with overheating of the phone since it was also located in the small cubby in front of the rider seat.

Spyder Garage

With all the issues with APC, on my 2024, and learning from issues with my 2018, I rerouted the USB cable from the frunk (2018) to the handle bar, and from the dash box (on my 2024) to the handle bar too.
    I have not had my iPhone 8+ ever shut down because of overheating on my Spyder, but I do live in Michigan.

Spyder Garage

Just spoke to BRP on 3/28 and I was told early to mid April on the update for Car Play

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jkemp View Post
    Just spoke to BRP on 3/28 and I was told early to mid April on the update for Car Play
    Hope that's true, when I contacted them at the start of March they told me 2nd week in March, guess that was BS.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-01-2024 at 02:50 AM.
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Obviously they have no idea when it'll be ready since they have constantly claimed "in two weeks" for over a month and half now. Every time the "two week" period is about to end, it's magically gonna be ready in "another two weeks". I'm getting a little P.Od at this point. I waited for the 2024 and ACP since I have moved to a different state and I do not know my way around very well, and really wanted ACP for the navigation capability. For now I have it reading out directions over the speakers which is better than nothing but is not a replacement for having a map up that I can see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    Hope that's true, when I contacted them at the start of March they told me 2nd week in March, guess that was BS.
    Or maybe that was just the latest advice the poor bugga who's copping all your complaints had received from whatever department/person is actually doing the negotiations etc had at that stage?!

I reckon this adage might juuust apply here, even if only a little: "Life is what actually happens while you're too busy planning your life!"

Or maybe this one might be more applicable: "A plan only lasts until the action starts/bullets start flying!" (Not that I'm suggesting that anyone should resort to that here... Besides, I reckon you'd only be wasting your ammo on the wrong people!

No matter what we do at this end, and no matter how much complaining about it we do, I reckon that this'll be a bit of a fluid situation and NO-ONE will truly know UNTIL IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS!

So I wouldn't waste too much more time &/or energy on complaining about it here - it'll happen when it happens, and nothing you or any of the rest of us can do will likely change anything about it. So maybe you should/could save your energy, anger, and complaints for those things where you actually CAN make a difference!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-01-2024 at 03:14 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Hello - I'm picking up my new 2024 Sea to Sky in 10 days. Should I request a battery swap before I take delivery? If so, what battery is recommended?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
    Hello - I'm picking up my new 2024 Sea to Sky in 10 days. Should I request a battery swap before I take delivery? If so, what battery is recommended?
    They won't swap it out! I had to pay for mine after the original battery quit. Under warranty, they would only give me an original manufacturers battery. So I bought a Yuasa to replace it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-01-2024 at 08:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    They won't swap it out! I had to pay for mine after the original battery quit. Under warranty, they would only give me an original manufacturers battery. So I bought a Yuasa to replace it.
    I guess I'm lucky then. My Dealer gave me an Unlimited battery replacement for as long as I own the Bike. Limited to 1 Battery per year if required...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-01-2024 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    I guess I'm lucky then. My Dealer gave me an Unlimited battery replacement for as long as I own the Bike. Limited to 1 Battery per year if required...
    Assuming that they will just replace it with another equally sketchy battery. I already binned mine and got the AGM from Batteries Plus when it was just on sale. Takes 15 minutes to swap it out and so far it seems to spin the motor with more authority than the factory one did. It's 350CCA vs 300CCA for the stock one (Pretty sure that's what the stock one is).

Spyder Garage

Default Fault codes

New 2024 Spyder RTL and I too am getting the U0155 and B2215 codes.
    The dealer said they have opened a case, and will advise when they hear something otherwise, they said it doesn’t affect drivability
    2024 RTL , Hyper Silver / Dark

Spyder Garage

Major Update from Thursday... Finally got my 2024 Spyder S2S back and guess what?? BRP sent the update for ACP to the dealer, and they installed it!!! Took care of all the codes, and the screen is perfect again. Drove it 30 miles home and no issues at all.

Finally!!!

After talking to the service manager, the 2024 F3 handlebars have two options, and both come further back from the stock S2S handlebars. The first option is 3-4 inches back compared to the stock 2024 S2S; and the second option comes back even further, 5-6 inches total. I'm gonna go with the middle option, as the longest handlebars might be too low and long, cramping my style, and maybe getting close to the legs/knees.
    I'll update when I get them installed and will try to get part numbers for all those who need them.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 06:29 PM.