Spyder Garage

Default Can I do an F3-S Headlight Bulb Change with F4 windshield attached? Ideas?

Is it possible with an F4 windshield attached?

Forget SlingMods video. That nose piece does not slip off when the bottom screw is taken out. There are side screws on my 2022 F3-S. If I could get the upper panels off, there should be access but I am stuck getting them off. Now the shop manual says to remove the top rails. That is what the F4 windshield is attached to. What a major hassle that could be just to avoid damage.

After the top rails are removed you are supposed to remove the gauge trim, the entire gauge, the gauge support and more. AHHHHHG! It would take devine intervention to change a headlight bulb at an auto parts if you need to on the road. Surely CanAm is not so ingrate.

IMG_0349.jpg IMG_0350.jpg

From what I can see just getting that nose piece and upper panel off would give you headlight bulb access. If you look at the wiring and mounts I did to power the GPS and charge the phone, removing the windshield would be obscene confusion.

Got ideas?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-23-2024 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I did mine on my F3S with a Madstad windshield installed. Been a few years, but remember it was a PIA.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

You probably don’t want to hear this but the best way is to remove your windshield, rails, and gauge and go in that way. Not more than an hour job if you know what you are doing. I know because I have done it.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Well guess what...I did it and did NOT remove the windshield.

IMG_0349.jpg

At the front point, detach the windshield mount and tilt the windshield back. Then take out the very front trim piece screw, bend back the front of that trim to expose the teeny screw holding your triangle piece in. Do that on both sides. Pull that front triangle piece out and you can easily remove the upper side piece, exposing the headlights. Four headlight screws and you have that headlight in your hand to unplug and change the bulb.

I am not a YouTube'r and have no real knowledge of video photography. Shame as the solution sure makes headlight bulb access easy.

In this picture I had more panels out than necessary. Was going to change to put fog lights in but Slingmods screwed their delivery up by sending me a box of junk. Sent it back and now more weeks will go by to get something. They also "found" the remainder of my luggage set in Oregon. Some time in my life that will also get here. The saga continues with their buffoonery.