Spyder Garage

Default Any source for the (discontinued?) Can Am Two-up Shock?

It is part # 219400734. From my searching I am guessing it was discontinued. Why do I want one?

IMG_0338.jpg IMG_0337.jpg IMG_0333.jpg

Looks like my mods are done for a while. I'm having trouble with SlingMods fog lights, the three-piece luggage, and this bikes rear shock. If the picture came out, you can clearly see the rubber from the tire on the plastic underside of the seat. Our second test ride for the windshield addition ran us over a small road depression my Harleys and the Ryker Sport hit mega times with no issue. This darn thing bottomed. That is rubber I scraped off with a finger. The rear shock spring is crap.

I rarely ride solo. Bought this for the wife and I to ride together as we most always do. Had no clue Can Am installed a solo spring. OK. Spend $900 or so for an Elka or an M2 - Not me! That Can Am # is the same shock I have but with a heavier spring. There is also an "occasional two-up" model. That spring looks beefier, but I most always ride two up and will have luggage soon to boot. We are together just maybe 320 lbs both dressed to ride. That is way below what is billed as max weight.

Any ideas where I can get a good shock for this bike at less than the $8-900 range that will work two-up. This bike has become a "money pit". What a sad example of a machine advertised for two but built for one. Can Am is ignorant on this S model.

Adding another thing. One key. A single key costs upwards of $175. Seriously? Cannot find an independent shop that can program, at least not yet.

Additional question. What is the discount on M2 shocks when you use Spyderlovers.com as a coupon code?

Just saw that on their products and ordering site.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-20-2024 at 07:53 PM. Reason: merged