Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
Yes, I screwed up when I said "TCM connector". When you disconnect the solenoid connector, you make the resistance test using the connector end that runs to the solenoids. When you make the test light test, you use the solenoid connector end that runs to the TCM. You do not disconnect the TCM connector. Apologies for the confusion. I will edit my earlier post.
The shop manual I bought is confusing too. It tells you to unplug the TCM connector and the 8 pin connector to test solenoid resistance. If you disconnect the 8 pin connector and test the end to the solenoids it shouldn't matter if the TCM connector is plugged in our not. I checked it the correct way. The light lights up momentarily except for 3 and 6. The clutch circuit. It might not have lit up the first time I checked it. The bike was idling. The centrifigul clutch doesn't lock up when it's idling. Maybe the bike knows that. I need to find out which pins are which on the TCM connector so I can check continuity between it and the 8 pin connector. The one you're calling the solenoid connecter. I switch the upshift and downshift solenoids. I changed them in the Duetch Connector as well. But it still shifts into reverse but not into gear. I might mess with it again today after I ran some errands.