Spyder Garage

Default Anybody tried Cheap H4 LED Bulbs in a new Spyder???

Traded my Ryker on a new F3-S Spyder. On the Ryker I bought a cheap (Ebay) set of H4 LED headlight bulbs. Put them in and they worked perfectly. Fog lights coming to replace the plugs up front. Since I have to take things apart, good time to change bulbs.

Anybody tried regular LED bulbs on the Spyder?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2024 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

A quick search shows this recent thread on F3 LED choices:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...&highlight=LED

And this thread on which/how to avoid hyperflash:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...&highlight=LED

But there's a whole lot more if you look!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Traded my Ryker on a new F3-S Spyder. On the Ryker I bought a cheap (Ebay) set of H4 LED headlight bulbs. Put them in and they worked perfectly. Fog lights coming to replace the plugs up front. Since I have to take things apart, good time to change bulbs.

Anybody tried regular LED bulbs on the Spyder?
    " regular " LED bulbs ???? .... I got my LED 's off E-bay ( 2 seasons ago ) .... " Forerunner Brand ...... 16,000 lumen's I think they work fantastic ..... good price .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " regular " LED bulbs ???? .... I got my LED 's off E-bay ( 2 seasons ago ) .... " Forerunner Brand ...... 16,000 lumen's I think they work fantastic ..... good price .....Mike
    Do have the LED fog lights coming from Slingmods. As for headlights, that "hyperflash" issue is for turn signal lighting...I think. The LED headlights from Slingmods and Lamonster are viable replacements but rather expensive. I tried something like that with those heavy bases. Still have two in a locker. Useless as they are too long in back and those plastic mounts were too think to use on my Ryker.

On this new Spyder I will look for the Forerunner 16,000 lumens and get them to try if the bases are metal. Here is what I just brought home. Wife cleaning off a spot as we wait for all the luggage, windshield, footboards and more to get here.

Thanks for the tip and appreciate anyone else who has experience with regular LED bulbs. Thinking they might upset the Canbus system, if the Spyder has one. Here's the wife with the new toy upon arrival. We have only tried a 10 minute ride so far.

IMG_0299.jpg

Spyder Garage

Do have the LED fog lights coming from Slingmods. As for headlights, that "hyperflash" issue is for turn signal lighting...I think. The LED headlights from Slingmods and Lamonster are viable replacements but rather expensive. I tried something like that with those heavy bases. Still have two in a locker. Useless as they are too long in back and those plastic mounts were too think to use on my Ryker.

On this new Spyder I will look for the Forerunner 16,000 lumens and get them to try if the bases are metal. Here is what I just brought home. Wife cleaning off a spot as we wait for all the luggage, windshield, footboards and more to get here.

Thanks for the tip and appreciate anyone else who has experience with regular LED bulbs. Thinking they might upset the Canbus system, if the Spyder has one. Here's the wife with the new toy upon arrival. We have only tried a 10 minute ride so far.

IMG_0299.jpg
    I can't say for sure the H-4 is plastic ( I use 9005 or HB-3 ) ..... but every Forerunner bulb I've seen has been plastic base including mine ...... I had no issues mounting them ....Mike I had TriCled LED's and these are much brighter and better focused IMHO .....Mike

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just got these off of amazon for my wife's mazda you can get them with just the HB3, they are nice and cheap and pretty bright. I got a set of 4 for $50
    Nice thing about these are they are fanless and the driver is built right into the bulb so it is a direct plug and play replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOONE-Bulbs...ps%2C70&sr=8-2

I found some HB2's High/Low beams which are used in the 2020 F3 don't know if yours uses the same and they are on sale now for $38 only difference is these do have a fan but are still plug and play

https://www.amazon.com/AUTOONE-H4-90...zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-16-2024 at 12:42 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I just got these off of amazon for my wife's mazda you can get them with just the HB3, they are nice and cheap and pretty bright. I got a set of 4 for $50
    Nice thing about these are they are fanless and the driver is built right into the bulb so it is a direct plug and play replacement.
    OK... Based on this and the other comment about the base being plastic, I just ordered two of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386313933766

Will find out and report but expect that to take another week or more. Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-20-2024 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    OK... Based on this and the other comment about the base being plastic, I just ordered two of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386313933766

Will find out and report but expect that to take another week or more. Thanks for the response.
    I read all the info they put in the description ..... At the top in Large print 360,000 lumens .... In small print at the end it states Light Output ... 16,000 Lumens.... Good luck please keep us informed ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-20-2024 at 07:45 PM.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Do what you want with the info, I am happy with the ones I have gotten for my wife's car and I'll probably go back and order some for cafe` silverado, that's what I call my truck since it is used a lot for quiet packed lunches at work.

The auxito's that were chosen are not a bad choice either, I have heard some good things about them. If it is available in a fanless model I would go for those first no worries about a fan failing on it or any rf noise created from it.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

EBay find

E758ADF3-5C83-4405-8AA8-F38D6592A2D5.jpg

Been good from '19 OEM H4 LH multiple fails in short time frames...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 05:21 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I read all the info they put in the description ..... At the top in Large print 360,000 lumens .... In small print at the end it states Light Output ... 16,000 Lumens.... Good luck please keep us informed ..... Mike
    Saw that. The lights I used on my Ryker were only 6,000 lumens. They worked when I went out to test one evening. Never rode at night. Really never want to. 16,000 lumens seemed to me like a lot.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-20-2024 at 07:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Saw that. The lights I used on my Ryker were only 6,000 lumens. They worked when I went out to test one evening. Never rode at night. Really never want to. 16,000 lumens seemed to me like a lot.
    Well, if you ONLY drive in daylight, then you only need your headlights for LEGAL purposes. .... However, you never know when you might be compelled to drive in the dark or get a motel room. My ForeRunner LED's are also 16,000 lumens ($ 27 a pair.) They are well focused & and way better than stock or the LED's I got from TriCled ..... Good Luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-21-2024 at 12:16 AM.

Spyder Garage

Finally got the headlight bulbs. Will put them in tomorrow. No fog lights to put in. Slingmods screwed up the fog lights, sending me a pair that were opened, maybe used and had parts missing. Jumping through hoops right now to both return and maybe get money back or proper product. Of course weeks have gone by and I still have not gotten all the luggage from them. did get some wrong parts I sent back at my expense and time and a defective F4 windshield.

Beyond the frustrating and now looks like I go to Daytona without the stuff I paid for.

Oh - another glitch (topping $2,500 in them)...ordered a M2 rear shock, not arrived yet. 40 miles total of riding with the wife on OEM shock and we slammed the rear tire into the underseat pan. The two weeks of ownership have been evil.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-23-2024 at 05:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

When the guys at M2 asked you the combined weight of load did you not tell them the truth? That shock should have not compressed like that so easily, unless they forgot to load it, or you soften the adjustment to much and forgot you were going to ride 2up!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    When the guys at M2 asked you the combined weight of load did you not tell them the truth? That shock should have not compressed like that so easily, unless they forgot to load it, or you soften the adjustment to much and forgot you were going to ride 2up!
    The M2 shock from Marcus has NOT arrived yet. The problem is the factory garbage for a solo ride on a bike sold with two seats for two-up riding. My Ryker was way better.

I told Marcus our exact weight and the future weight of the luggage - if I ever get it. Weeks gone by and the evil Slingmods has yet to supply all those parts. You don't want to know.

Appreciate the interest and the comment. People like you show you care and try to be helpful.