Spyder Garage

Default Too much for a left over 22 F3 Limited Special!

I live in the panhandle of Florida near Destin. I started the process of looking for a F3 Spyder. Local dealership has a left over 22 F3 Limited Special. A very nice looking ride. After talking for a bit, the price was $23499. I asked was this after the $2000 rebate? He never really answered the question, so I asked for a OTD price.... $27731. part of the price is $1600 for dealer prep.... I asked if that was hard price, he said yes. I said thanks anyway. I guess on to the neighboring dealerships.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-10-2024 at 09:51 AM.
    Don't get mad at me if you don't like my answer.....

Spyder Garage

I have to agree. I bought my brand new left over 2022 RT Sea To Sky at the end of August last year. I paid $26,900. OTD when all was said and done. They could do a bit better.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by a99miata View Post
    I live in the panhandle of Florida near Destin. I started the process of looking for a F3 Spyder. Local dealership has a left over 22 F3 Limited Special. A very nice looking ride. After talking for a bit, the price was $23499. I asked was this after the $2000 rebate? He never really answered the question, so I asked for a OTD price.... $27731. part of the price is $1600 for dealer prep.... I asked if that was hard price, he said yes. I said thanks anyway. I guess on to the neighboring dealerships.
    Maybe that is why they still have a 2022, find a different dealer that wants to move their stock. Market for wheeled toys, boats, yachts, trucks, EVs is very soft now. Occasionally there is a good buy in the used market, however many sellers have not come to reality of the currently soft market. I have seen people asking as much at a new leftover for a 2-4 year old used trike.

Given all of that, I did fine a really good deal on my second 2018 RTL to other day. I would have liked to had found one in Washington, however that market has not yet adjusted to the current reality of pricing. So I get to fly back to Az end of May/first on June and ride the Champagne(AKA Hooker, my friend Carol says it's color is more on the feminine side) one back to Washington as my summer Spyder. The Asphalt Grey (masculine one) has been name Hookie!
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 02-10-2024 at 11:20 AM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Go to home page and look at IMotorsports and see what they have .... they ship free ( mostly - but ask ) .....Mike

Spyder Garage

That's too much. They are looking for a sucker. They will probably find one. I'd give them your number and suggest they call you when the price is reasonable. You'll probably never hear from them. But you never know.

Always be willing to walk away. If not, you may find yourself in the less than admirable category suggested above. Buyers remorse lasts a long time.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Dealer prep is a ploy that a lot of dealers use to avoid the rebate. One, kind of cancels out the other. Don't let the dealer treat you like an uneducated newbie. Run, Forest, Run !!!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Try looking at one of our sponsors here on SpyderLovers Free shipping to your house, tell them your a SpyderLovers member. https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/defa...er&make=can-am Call them it can hurt!!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

You're a long way from Sanford, but call Dave Raihl at Seminole Powersports. He's the #1 selling Spyder salesman. He will make you a much better deal on a 23...
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just looked at IMotorsports they had TWO 2023 ( NEW ) @ $21499 .00 ...;... good luck ... Mike

Spyder Garage

In Arizona if you buy a used vehicle from a private party and register it here, there is not sales tax. Buy the same one from a dealer and there is sales tax. So I saved a thousand dollars in sales tax on the recent 2018 RTL and a little more than that on the other 2018 I bought in the fall on 2020 from a private party.
    Last edited by Snoking1127; 02-10-2024 at 11:11 PM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Welcome, you have been introduced to what owning a Spyder is like ……. Expensive to buy, Expensive to Own.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Welcome, you have been introduced to what owning a Spyder is like ……. Expensive to buy, Expensive to Own.
    This is only true if you buy new and let the dealer do all the work. They are expert at taking your money at both ends. There are inexpensive ways to own a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    This is only true if you buy new and let the dealer do all the work. They are expert at taking your money at both ends. There are inexpensive ways to own a Spyder.
    Well ... Maybe a bit less than expensive

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Don't fall for it

I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area of Texas. I purchased a new old stock 2022 F3S Special Edition November 2023. I paid $15,500 out the door. The dealer tried to get me for $22,500 with all the dealer setup fees. I gave them my number and told them to call me when they were serious. They called 2 weeks later ready to just get rid of it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-12-2024 at 01:49 AM. Reason: $ + ;-)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unless you are seriously stuck on getting new, check out the Ad for a 2018 F3L for sale by a member here. He is located in Florida and is selling his at a more than fair price. But if you do prefer new, I agree with the others that say check out Imotorsports. I bought a new 2016 F3T from them. If I ever buy new again, it will definitely be from them.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-12-2024 at 09:18 AM.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marinejax View Post
    I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area of Texas. I purchased a new old stock 2022 F3S Special Edition November 2023. I paid $15,500 out the door. The dealer tried to get me for $22,500 with all the dealer setup fees. I gave them my number and told them to call me when they were serious. They called 2 weeks later ready to just get rid of it.
    BINGO! A man after my own heart! You go brother!

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marinejax View Post
    Pretty much got the same thing on mine leftover 2020 F3 bought in Feb of 2021 during the pandemic before they got popular and the dealers jacked the prices up, $14,900 before accessories were added.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-12-2024 at 05:55 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black