Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spyder Garage

Hello BlueSky
    Thank you for the post about your conversation with your local can am dealer.
    It shows that even now with all the time that has gone by since the 2024 came out for sale, the dealers still don’t know and can’t agree as to why the ACP does not work.
    The excuse of license issue has all ready been said and been debunked as the latest firmware that was able to be downloaded had major bugs and had to be withdrawn.

I was told that the first week in May was going to be when they should have the firmware fixed.
    With all the delays, I am not holding my breath.
    2024 RT limited Petrol Blue
    2018 RT limited pearl White
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    Hello BlueSky
    Thank you for the post about your conversation with your local can am dealer.
    It shows that even now with all the time that has gone by since the 2024 came out for sale, the dealers still don’t know and can’t agree as to why the ACP does not work.
    The excuse of license issue has all ready been said and been debunked as the latest firmware that was able to be downloaded had major bugs and had to be withdrawn.

I was told that the first week in May was going to be when they should have the firmware fixed.
    With all the delays, I am not holding my breath.
    Ok, 1st week of May coming up!! Went to ANOTHER dealer and Sales Manager was told by “demo team” that ACP was out, and customers can download it from WiFi!!! Yeah, right!!!

Note: Spoke with Sonia at BRP Customer Service today (she actually called me back about my concern with ACP) and she said the IT at BRP is still working on the update - that’s all the info she relayed to me.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 09:58 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpy View Post
    Ok, 1st week of May coming up!! Went to ANOTHER dealer and Sales Manager was told by “demo team” that ACP was out, and customers can download it from WiFi!!! Yeah, right!!!

Note: Spoke with Sonia at BRP Customer Service today (she actually called me back about my concern with ACP) and she said she IT at BRP is still working on the update - that’s all the info she relayed to me.
    Same bull****, I'm done with it. I am trading the Spyder for a Goldwing. I have no faith or trust in BRP/Can Am. Pity, because my dealer was excellent to work with. Can Am shut them down with trying to fix my Bluetooth issue; and told them to wait for the Software update. Not sure how that will fix a problem which appeared after 6 weeks of normal use then suddenly just quit.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2024 at 11:47 PM.
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Note: Spoke with Sonia at BRP Customer Service today (she actually called me back about my concern with ACP) and she said the IT at BRP is still working on the update - that’s all the info she relayed to me.
    Hello BlueSky
    Thank you for checking another dealer and letting us know that BRP is not keeping the dealers informed about the ACP issue.
    Thank you for the post about contacting BRP and letting us know what BRP said about still working on ACP.
    I am still not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 09:58 AM.
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

Hello Maplehawk
    I understand your grief, and I feel for you since I too am an owner of a 2024 RT.
    Here we pay 30K for a Spyder expecting BRP to do their part and sell us a complete working spyder, and what we get is a Spyder that is not completely functional, and not telling us, either through the dealer or from BRP, that there is a function (APC) that is not installed and does not work.
    I talked to my dealer's salesman and told him the whole story about BRP selling me this incomplete Spyder and I should get a full refund for purchasing a Spyder from BRP that isn't as advertised. He agreed with what I said and was going to check with the owner of the dealership to see what he has to say about it.
    That is a lot of money to spend on a Spyder and now thinking of trading it in for a Goldwing, I know they're not going to give you what you paid for it since it is classified as used, and defective since a component is defective when you trade it in.

My issue is that I can NOT listen to music from my iPhone anymore, I could when I purchased the Spyder, and now the radio just starts up and plays.
    At one time there was a button to press on the radio screen for power; well, it's gone now, so I can't turn my radio on or off.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 10:02 AM. Reason: See earlier Warning!
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

My issues are the same Johndeeredoo. Other issues I had were rattle/vibration at 45 mph and 70 mph, dealer said it was harmonic vibration of the belt; and clunky gear changes, again told normal for the bike. However, my dealer loaned me another new 2024 Spyder RT Limited whilst they were working on my bike, and this loaner had none of the issues I was experiencing on my bike. Bluetooth and Radio issues, Belt Vibration, and Gear change were all OK. Peace of mind comes at a cost unfortunately.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 09:15 AM.
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the fast reply Maplehawk.
    As for the rattle, I had a loose bolt that held on a cover on the bottom of the Spyder.
    How many other loose or missing bolts are there that I did not see yet?
    You did say that your dealer was great to work with, and that shows it, a loaner Spyder. It's too bad that yours does not perform like the loaner.
    You mentioned about the clunk in shifting, the 2024 is quieter shifting through the gears compared to my 2018. They sound about the same when shifting into forward or reverse.
    I have 24,000 miles on my 2018, and never had a problem with anything like I am having on my 2024.
    I had to do updates to the gauge firmware, but nothing like what I am seeing on the 2024.

As for the vibration, BRP learned that the Spyder RT need a belt vibration dampener, and my 2024 came with one installed, I had to have my dealer install one on my 2018 and 2017 because of the belt vibration at about 55mph.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 10:03 AM.
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

Simple request for BRP, all I want/need from them is ACP!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 09:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Hello Maplehawk

My issue is that I can NOT listen to music from my iphone any more, I could when I purchased the spyder, and now the radio just starts up and plays.
    At one time there was a button to press on the radio screen for power, well it gone now, so I cant turn on or off my radio.
    Have you tried a full reset of the head unit? Pretty sure I saw an option in there to reset everything and start over. My iPhone no longer pairs automatically with Bluetooth about 80% of the time. I have to unpair it on my iPhone, remove it on the Spyder, and re-pair every time I stop. Such a pain in the butt. This didn't happen at first either. I haven't tried the full reset on mine but probably will before next ride.

When I look at Bluetooth on my iPhone when it doesn't work, it tells me that the BRP device is not supported.

IMG_6424.jpg

Spyder Garage

Simple request for BRP, all I want/need from them is ACP!!!
    All I want is the truth.
    And it would be nice if ACP worked too.
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Have you tried a full reset of the head unit? Pretty sure I saw an option in there to reset everything and start over. My iPhone no longer pairs automatically with Bluetooth about 80% of the time. I have to unpair it on my iPhone, remove it on the Spyder, and re-pair every time I stop. Such a pain in the butt. This didn't happen at first either. I haven't tried the full reset on mine but probably will before next ride.

When I look at Bluetooth on my iPhone when it doesn't work, it tells me that the BRP device is not supported.

IMG_6424.jpg
    Thank you for your input

I was thinking about that too, (resetting the head).
    Mine is not as bad as yours, but still thinking about it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 10:05 AM.
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

IMG_6424.jpg
    Dealer tried everything from the reset and a Software download of current Software. Funny thing is that both Phone and Bike show that it's connected to the bike. However, no sound comes out of the Speakers or Headset. If a call is received, I get music for a few seconds until the phone tries to accept the call.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 10:13 AM.
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Maplehawk View Post
    Dealer tried everything from the reset and a Software download of current Software. Funny thing is that both Phone and Bike show that it's connected to the bike. However, no sound comes out of the Speakers or Headset. If a call is received, I get music for a few seconds until the phone tries to accept the call.
    Just checking, did you use a true Apple Lightning cable?
    I've tried other cables, and some show a connection to the "dock", and another one does not.
    I was thinking about resetting the dash, but was thinking, if I did, would it come out worse than what I have now?
    Last edited by Johndeeredoo; Yesterday at 12:11 PM.
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

My second 2024 Spyder has no issues; and I shut WIFI off and am not going to update it. I have no trust in BRP and will cut my losses with Apple Car Play not working as I probably wouldn't have used it anyway.

I mainly wanted the bigger screen. I wonder how BRP stays in business with how they treat their customers. If I knew this before I bought the Spyder, I would have bought something else.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 10:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

Just checking, did you use a true Apple Lightning cable?
    I've tried other cables, and some show a connection to the "dock", and another one does not.
    I was thinking about resetting the dash, but that is 'was thinking' - if I did, would it come out worse than what I have now?
    Cable and procedures i use worked originally on my bike and also worked on the Loaner
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    My second 2024 Spyder has no issues; and I shut WIFI off and am not going to update it. I have no trust in BRP and will cut my losses with Apple Car Play not working as I probably wouldn't have used it anyway.

I mainly wanted the bigger screen. I wonder how BRP stays in business with how they treat their customers. If I knew this before I bought the Spyder, I would have bought something else.
    This is the reason I am cutting my losses and getting a Goldwing DCT, albeit at a cost
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

This is the reason I am cutting my losses and getting a Goldwing DCT, albeit at a cost
    I've toyed with this idea myself. But then I realize the day I did this and lost $7,500 trading in my Spyder, Can-Am would release a fully function ACP update the day after. I just know that's what would happen.
    Maybe if you take one for the team and trade yours in it will trigger the update of ACP for the rest of us

Spyder Garage

Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Yes, I’ve reset the head unit 3 times, my IPhone 14 Max does show connection to the phone as “BRP5032” with no problems, I can play music from the preset music stations on the Spyder dash and hear it in my helmet. Even got one phone call but it was toooo loud and scratchy in my HJC 20b. Will have to figure out how to lower the sound for phone calls but NO ACP!!

Spyder Garage

I've toyed with this idea myself. But then I realize the day I did this and lost $7,500 trading in my Spyder, Can-Am would release a fully function ACP update the day after. I just know that's what would happen.
    Maybe if you take one for the team and trade yours in it will trigger the update of ACP for the rest of us
    Yes, I’ve thought about just buying a Garmin XT2 ($600) and a mount, etc. for navigation, etc. but I’m like you, with my “luck” BRP will come out with ACP 2 days later!

Spyder Garage

PEOPLE STOP BUYING BRP PRODUCTS! That's the only thing that will get their attention! MONEY! I too have started to check out Gold Wings, and the BMW R18. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    PEOPLE STOP BUYING BRP PRODUCTS! That's the only thing that will get their attention! MONEY! I too have started to check out Gold Wings, and the BMW R18. Tom
    I pick up my Goldwing tomorrow. My dealer gave me $27,000 for the Spyder. I lost a chunk, but peace of mind is everything. Life's too short to settle for something you're not happy with!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; Yesterday at 11:44 PM. Reason: i + ' 's ;-)
    Baja Ron Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Maplehawk, thank you for taking one for the team. Here's to dreaming the timing works in our favor and BRP will suddenly release the fix AND that it will actually work and fix everything. It's a nice dream.

Like some others I did buy a GPS. Though I went the budget route with a 396LMT which I've used on another bike and know to be reliable.

And I actually have until Tuesday or Wednesday to decide if I want to forgo changing from two to three wheels. That's when my 2024 is scheduled to arrive at the dealer. I'll just lose my deposit if I make that decision. Which I am not likely to do. I really want three wheels.

Spyder Garage

I pick up my Goldwing tomorrow. My dealer gave me $27,000 for the Spyder. I lost a chunk, but peace of mind is everything. Life's too short to settle for something you're not happy with!
    So that means by Monday/Tuesday Can-Am will release ACP for the rest of us. Thanks Maplehawk!

Spyder Garage

So that means by Monday/Tuesday Can-Am will release ACP for the rest of us. Thanks Maplehawk!
    Yes, thanks Maplehawk!!! Still praying for ACP though!