Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For smg323 - Don't know if you'll ever get back to this thread, but I'll answer it with pictures and send you a PM letting you know. Maybe someone else is curious, too.

I respect that you believe you saw what you believe you saw. However, the display can't meet in the middle. There's just no display in the middle. Unfortunately, that screen grab you made from your manual, has been used by BRP since 2018. I think it is an artists rendition.

Under adequate lighting with the display off - you can see that there are two distinct displays separated by a divider in the middle. They are not dead pixels, as you put it. And it is not one, continuous display. With the display in Dark Mode as well as Light Mode, it shows that this is simply the internal separator between the left and right displays.

My display looks just like yours. And also, if you turn on the keys on the leftovers on the sales floor at the dealer, their display will also look like yours. And using Google and Bing, any actual photo or video that I found of the 7.8" display, also looks the same. The only cure for this display is a 2024 RT. Sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 02-20-2024 at 10:57 AM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Thank you sir!
    2023 RT , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I just picked up my 2024 can am spyder RT last night, and today, just started to set up apple car play, only noticed that the icon did not show up.
    I called my dealer and talked to service, and they told me that BRP knows there is a problem and there working on and it should be ready in a couple of weeks.
    It would have been nice if the salesman and/or the service manager would have told me that Apple car play was not installed on the Spyder.
    I guess I should have checked HERE first.
    Nice reading that I am not the only person with this problem.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-24-2024 at 04:14 PM. Reason: ifthe; + ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    I just picked up my 2024 can am spyder RT last night, and today, just started to set up apple car play, only noticed that the icon did not show up.
    I called my dealer and talked to service, and they told me that BRP knows there is a problem and there working on and it should be ready in a couple of weeks.
    It would have been nice if the salesman and/or the service manager would have told me that Apple car play was not installed on the Spyder.
    I guess I should have checked HERE first.
    Nice reading that I am not the only person with this problem.
    Yeah it definitely is not enabled at this time. I hope it comes sooner than later since that's one of the reasons I waited for the 2024 and paid the extra coin.

Spyder Garage

I finally got mine back, bad battery caused all my problems

Spyder Garage

Back to the dealer the battery didn't cause all the problems and they are waiting on brp for guidance on what to do next

Spyder Garage

After reading this thread, and having issues with my 2024 Spyder RT not connecting to my iPhone and my Wi-Fi at home, I decided to check out my battery.

It does have the Haijiu battery.

I did three load tests on the battery, and it load tested with in spec. for that CCA battery. I later charged the battery and it's been fine so far. It still remembers my iPhone and my Wi-Fi, but it just takes a while to connect to my Wi-Fi...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-20-2024 at 12:17 AM.

Spyder Garage

I just talked to BRP Customer Service today re the issues on my 2024 Sea to Sky with similar issues for the screen, heated grips error, and now ABS code. They have assigned a senior tech to the case to help the dealer. Part of the conversation was the lack of Apple CarPlay. I was told by the rep that the ACP and screen update will now be first or second week of April ...probably..lol

I looked thru this thread and found something that indicated the licensing for ACP still needed working out by BRP... I'm betting that is why it doesn't work until the upgrade that allows that to happen. Also, the screen errors of going blank are supposed to be in the ACP update too. According to the BRP rep anyway...

We'll see, I guess...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 11:36 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

What do you guys think of this battery? I put one of them in my 2019 RTL in Jan 2023. Bike is now gone but that battery spun it over very well. It was a 12 V AGM type BS with 350 CCA and 21aH. And it had the correct cutout on the top for the Can Am Spyder hold down. Fit like a glove with the factory hold down.

I bought it from Batteries Plus. Comes with a 12-month free replacement warranty.

It was way better than the factory unit in my 2023 Sea to Sky... I'm thinking I should replace that one proactively...

https://www.batteriesplus.com/produc.../cyla24hlbsxta
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 11:37 PM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    I just talked to BRP Customer Service today re the issues on my 2024 Sea to Sky with similar issues for the screen, heated grips error, and now ABS code. They have assigned a senior tech to the case to help the dealer. Part of the conversation was the lack of Apple CarPlay. I was told by the rep that the ACP and screen update will now be first or second week of April ... probably... lol

I looked thru this thread and found something that indicated the licensing for ACP still needed working out by BRP... I'm betting that is why it doesn't work until the upgrade that allows that to happen. Also, the screen errors of going blank are supposed to be in the ACP update too. According to the BRP rep anyway...

We'll see, I guess...
    As for Apple CarPlay, I wonder how BRP is going to compensate us (the buyers of BRP products that have Apple CarPlay integrated products) for selling us a defective product (Apple CarPlay does not work) and that they knew was going to be defective (Apple CarPlay does not work) when they shipped out their product and never told the dealers and/or the customers in any way?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 11:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Part of the conversation was the lack of Apple CarPlay. I was told by the rep that the ACP and screen update will now be first or second week of April ...probably..lol
    We'll see , I guess....
    Yep, keep hearing "in the next 2 weeks" now for nearly a month and a half. I wouldn't put any money on the fact it'll be out by the first or second week of April either at this point. If I had known I was going to be getting a Spyder without ACP, I would have saved a *boatload* of money by buying a leftover 2023. ACP is the only reason I paid the extra cash and waited so long for a 2024.

Spyder Garage

As for Apple CarPlay, I wonder how BRP is going to compensate us (the buyers of BRP products that have Apple CarPlay integrated products) for selling us a defective product (Apple CarPlay does not work) and that they knew was going to be defective (Apple CarPlay does not work) when they shipped out their product and never told the dealers and/or the customers in any way?
    Assuming that ACP is never enabled, then there will be a class-action lawsuit against BRP for sure and we'll end up with a coupon for $50 off a future Can-Am purchase

I am hopeful that they eventually get their "stuff" together and release it very soon but I am not impressed right now with Can-Am and the fact that they hid this "omission" from everyone, including dealers.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Without ACP installed, has anybody with Apple or Android phone been able to play music with Bluetooth from their phone thru the speakers on the bike?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 11:26 PM.
    2022 RTL Hyper Silver

Sequential LED fender turn signals-Main and passenger floor boards running and turn signals
    Side view mirror stabilizers-Baja Ron sway bar-Can Am passenger arm rests and drivers back rest
    Garmin XT GPS-Top Cuff for GPS and Phone holder-Quick grip phone holder-Upper RT vent grilles
    Radiator vent grills-LED fog lamp with switch-Foam grip covers-Peddle box pro-Cardo Bold intercom-Big Blue-BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Yep, keep hearing "in the next 2 weeks" now for nearly a month and a half. I wouldn't put any money on the fact it'll be out by the first or second week of April either at this point. If I had known I was going to be getting a Spyder without ACP, I would have saved a *boatload* of money by buying a leftover 2023. ACP is the only reason I paid the extra cash and waited so long for a 2024.
    I passed up a 2023 Sea to Sky for this 2024 Sea to Sky. Really regretting that decision as we have a 2023 Sea to Sky already and have zero problems with it. In any case, since it's at the dealer, the ACP enable (not gonna call it an update, as it isn't! It's just never been enabled!) will be performed by them not OTA. After they fix all the other stuff etc.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 11:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

The Apple Carplay was not shipped with the 2024 models, check with a dealer who knows his stuff. They have a bulletin and will upgrade the software as soon as it becomes available. I worked with the dealer for over an hour, until one of their salesmen came out with the bulletin. Mea Culpa, I did not get the bulletin number.

johnv
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 11:28 PM.
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dobieone View Post
    Without ACP installed, has anybody with Apple or Android phone been able to play music with Bluetooth from their phone thru the speakers on the bike?

Thanks.
    Yes, I can use Sirius XM, Pandora, and any other music program on my phone so long as I start it on my phone prior to starting the Spyder...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-25-2024 at 11:27 PM.
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dobieone View Post

Thanks.
    Yeah works OK for me. Even get the album art on the display. I also get the navigation voice instructions from Apple Maps too, which is better than nothing but not the same as having the map up on the display. I just moved to a new state to having the ACP navigation was the reason I got the 2024. I can deal with the voice instructions most of the time but when things get complicated it's tricksier. I can also glance at my Apple Watch to see what the next navigation move is as well.

Spyder Garage

Yeah works OK for me. Even get the album art on the display. I also get the navigation voice instructions from Apple Maps too, which is better than nothing but not the same as having the map up on the display. I just moved to a new state to having the ACP navigation was the reason I got the 2024. I can deal with the voice instructions most of the time but when things get complicated it's tricksier. I can also glance at my Apple Watch to see what the next navigation move is as well.
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully getting my Sea to Sky in 2 weeks.
    2022 RTL Hyper Silver

Sequential LED fender turn signals-Main and passenger floor boards running and turn signals
    Side view mirror stabilizers-Baja Ron sway bar-Can Am passenger arm rests and drivers back rest
    Garmin XT GPS-Top Cuff for GPS and Phone holder-Quick grip phone holder-Upper RT vent grilles
    Radiator vent grills-LED fog lamp with switch-Foam grip covers-Peddle box pro-Cardo Bold intercom-Big Blue-BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

Spyder Garage

What do you guys think of this battery? I put one of them in my 2019 RTL in Jan 2023. Bike is now gone but that battery spun it over very well. It was a 12 V AGM type BS with 350 CCA and 21aH. And it had the correct cutout on the top for the Can Am Spyder hold down. Fit like a glove with the factory hold down.

I bought it from Batteries Plus. Comes with a 12-month free replacement warranty.

It was way better than the factory unit in my 2023 Sea to Sky... I'm thinking I should replace that one proactively...

https://www.batteriesplus.com/produc.../cyla24hlbsxta
    I picked up one of these batteries for my 23 F3. Got it for 15% off. Sitting on the shelf for now. May just go ahead and replace it and keep the original battery for my radio setup.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Assuming that ACP is never enabled, then there will be a class-action lawsuit against BRP for sure and we'll end up with a coupon for $50 off a future Can-Am purchase

I am hopeful that they eventually get their "stuff" together and release it very soon but I am not impressed right now with Can-Am and the fact that they hid this "omission" from everyone, including dealers.
    Thank you for your input, but it gets worse.
    When I purchased my 2024 Spyder, it was shown to come with Apple CarPlay on paper, I was told it comes with Apple CarPlay.
    After I purchased the Spyder, I noticed Apple CarPlay was not installed, and at the time of purchase, it could not be installed, but I purchased a Spyder WITH Apple CarPlay. This constitutes as fraud to me and other people that know more about the law than me. I know other people have stated that it's an update and can be installed at the dealer or over the internet, but that is not in the letter of the law. If I wanted to, theoretically I could take my Spyder back and want a full refund since it was sold under false pretenses and or fraud condition.
    I just hate it when the big man tries to screw me.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 07:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

When I purchased my 2024 Spyder, it was shown to come with Apple CarPlay on paper, I was told it comes with Apple CarPlay.
    After I purchased the Spyder, I noticed Apple CarPlay was not installed, and at the time of purchase, it could not be installed, but I purchased a Dpyder WITH Apple CarPlay. This constitutes as fraud to me and other people that know more about the law than me. I know other people have stated that it's an update and can be installed at the dealer or over the internet, but that is not in the letter of the law. If I wanted to, theoretically I could take my Spyder back and want a full refund since it was sold under false pretenses and or fraud condition.
    How is your ongoing rhetoric about lawsuits supporting the objective of this forum? You bought a 2024 and went through PDI without noticing that ACP was not present. BRP has explained their plans moving forward. You need to put action where your mouth is. Either file a lawsuit or ask for your money back. If it were me, I would focus on riding your new bike for a few weeks and enjoy ACP when you get the update.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2012 Viper Red RT-S (Sold)
    2020 Ryker Rally
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
    How is your ongoing rhetoric about lawsuits supporting the objective of this forum? You bought a 2024 and went through PDI without noticing that ACP was not present. BRP has explained their plans moving forward. You need to put action where your mouth is. Either file a lawsuit or ask for your money back. If it were me, I would focus on riding your new bike for a few weeks and enjoy ACP when you get the update.
    To be honest, the PDI at my dealer was of no value when it comes to ACP. They had no idea how to make it work, we screwed with it for 20 minutes and couldn't make it work. Dealers had not been notified that ACP didn't work in the first place so that wasted my time and theirs trying to make it work. I figured I'd go home and figure it out, after all how hard could it be? Went home and wasted more time until finally giving up. I picked mine up on 2/14, so pretty early delivery of a 2024 model and before the ACP issue was more well known.

BRP has handled this incredibly poorly IMHO. They knowingly shipped these things without ACP working but did a terrible job (if any) notifying the dealers of the issue at least for early owners.

So yeah, I'll still enjoy riding mine until ACP is finally released but still annoyed at how badly this has been handled.

Spyder Garage

Well, my dealership figured out what is wrong with my Spyder RT Limited not wanting to go into reverse intermittently.

There is a shift actuator that extends to put bike in reverse. Anyway, periodically it does not extend far enough to go into reverse. A new actuator will take over a month to get, therefore they are going to take the part off another Spyder in a box and put it on mine.

We will see how this works out; I can't complain as they gave me another 2024 Spider RT Limited to ride while they are working on mine.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 04:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Just received this from my dealer.
    IMG_1018.jpg
    Last edited by Johndeeredoo; 03-26-2024 at 06:46 PM.

Spyder Garage

After I purchased the Spyder, I noticed Apple CarPlay was not installed, and at the time of purchase, it could not be installed, but I purchased a Spyder WITH Apple CarPlay. This constitutes as fraud to me and other people that know more about the law than me. I know other people have stated that it's an update and can be installed at the dealer or over the internet, but that is not in the letter of the law. If I wanted to, theoretically I could take my Spyder back and want a full refund since it was sold under false pretenses and or fraud condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post

I know that it's extremely frustrating when you don't get what you paid for or what was promised in the contract &/or advertising, especially when you've forked out a fairly large chunk of change for it; but many of us who've been around the Forum & the broader Spyder Community for a fair while have noticed that in the past, those members who started making noises on the pages here about lawsuits &/or class actions tended to get a whole lot less help & satisfaction from BRP &/or the dealer network in the long run than those who didn't threaten them that way...

And you've also gotta remember that they've got a whole lot more in the way of resources to fund those expensive lawyers & court cases than most of us do, even collectively; so even if you/a group do eventually get them into a court, it's very likely to cost you a fairly large percentage of your of financial assets while they can easily afford to drag it out however they will & for as long as they can, cos the costs involved are likely to be just a tiny percentage of their overall financial assets - so it's basically chump change to them and they've got a whole lot more of that, plus more experience at it too!

Besides, how's that old adage go... You get more flies with honey...

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2024 at 07:41 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!