Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Besides, how's that old adage go... You get more flies with honey...

Just Sayin'
    I'm willing to give them some time to get it enabled (like a month or two more) before I start to truly lose hope that it's ever coming.

Sure, you get more flies with honey. And you also retain loyal customers by actually providing what was promised.

This is my 3rd Spyder RT, but it may also be my last depending on how the ACP issue plays out.

Spyder Garage

So my dealer called me back today regarding the issues with the screen heated grips and ABS code showing up. I had called BRP this Monday and let them know they need to prioritize and get a senior tech on it.

They did.

They sent a flash to the dealer who performed it. Screen is now back up again... ABS code went away. However, the heated grips error is still there. The service manager told me that BRP informed them the heated grip fix is going to be part of the ACP update... That is due in the next 1-2 weeks ... lol

So progress of sorts.

On the same topic, I wanted handlebars that come farther back to the rider, so asked re that too...

The handlebars are definitely not the same part number, so I may have to wait until BRP provides the Long Reach Bars specific to the S2S.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-07-2024 at 02:54 AM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

the f3 bars are now out #709402697

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    Well, my dealership figured out what is wrong with my Spyder RT Limited not wanting to go into reverse intermittently.

There is a shift actuator that extends to put bike in reverse. Anyway, periodically it does not extend far enough to go into reverse. A new actuator will take over a month to get, therefore they are going to take the part off another Spyder in a box and put it on mine.

We will see how this works out; I can't complain as they gave me another 2024 Spider RT Limited to ride while they are working on mine.
    Well they found out that that wasn't the problem. Codes are still there. Not BRPs website is down now for 4 days. Summer may be over before I get it back.
    I spoke to the dealer about putting it in a box and sending it back to BRP and give me another one. Their general manager is going to call be tomorrow to discuss it. What do you guys think?

Spyder Garage

Well they found out that that wasn't the problem. Codes are still there. Not BRPs website is down now for 4 days. Summer may be over before I get it back.
    I spoke to the dealer about putting it in a box and sending it back to BRP and give me another one. Their general manager is going to call be tomorrow to discuss it. What do you guys think?
    Depending on your state, you might be able to lemon law it based on number of trips into dealer and/or amount of time it's been out of service, or will be out of service potentially. IANAL, but that's what I'd be looking into were it me. Some states do not cover motorcycles under their lemon laws, but Delaware seems to not have that exclusion based on a very quick Google search

Good luck...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Depending on your state, you might be able to lemon law it based on number of trips into dealer and/or amount of time it's been out of service, or will be out of service potentially. IANAL, but that's what I'd be looking into were it me. Some states do not cover motorcycles under their lemon laws, but Delaware seems to not have that exclusion based on a very quick Google search

Good luck...
    I thank you for your opinion, That is what I am shooting for. Nice to have another persons opinion. The actuator they changed they ordered it and BRP told them it would be a month to receive so they canned it from another new Spyder, so if I wait on BRP riding season will be over before it is ever fixed.

Spyder Garage

Another update..this re the short reach handlebars for the 2024 RT Sea to Sky. BRP has the short reach position A # 219400909 as fitting the 2024 S2S. My dealer confirmed that today and let me know they do have one in stock. I told them to put it on the bike tomorrow as it is in the final stages of checking out for the screen issue......

Per BRP website those 219400909 are for people 5' tall and short arms. It ALSO says they are part of the UFIT system...Link: https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...andlebars.html

Update on my 2023 Sea to Sky with the 6 month old Haijliu battery...I replaced it with : 12V 21AH 350CCA AGM 12/0 CYLA24HLBSXTA from Batteries Plus.
    Despite being on the maintainer the old battery was not cranking the bike over very fast. The new battery read 13.1 volts after BP added the acid and charged it overnight and again 13.1 volts just before I installed it. The 6 month old Haijliu battery read 12.4. The new battery turns the bike over much faster.

As far as I am concerned (AFAIAC) that battery or a Yuasa is the ticket. Dont accept the Haijlui on your new powersports machine.....
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 03-29-2024 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added additional relevant info and safety disclaimer
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    Another update..this re the short reach handlebars for the 2024 RT Sea to Sky. BRP has the short reach position A # 219400909 as fitting the 2024 S2S. My dealer confirmed that today and let me know they do have one in stock. I told them to put it on the bike tomorrow as it is in the final stages of checking out for the screen issue......

Per BRP website those 219400909 are for people 5' tall and short arms. It ALSO says they are part of the UFIT system...Link: https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...andlebars.html

Update on my 2023 Sea to Sky with the 6 month old Haijliu battery...I replaced it with : 12V 21AH 350CCA AGM 12/0 CYLA24HLBSXTA from Batteries Plus. 13.1
    Despite being on the maintainer the old battery was not cranking the bike over very fast. The new battery read 13.1 volts after BP added the acid and charged it overnight and again 13.1 volts just before I installed it. The 6 month old Haijliu battery read 12.4. The new battery turns the bike over much faster.

As far as I am concerned (AFAIAC) that battery or a Yuasa is the ticket. Dont accept the Haijlui on your new powersports machine.....
    Thank you for your post, lots of good information here.

I have a 2024 spyder RT too, as for my battery, I still have the Haijli battery, and so far its starting the spyder, but thinking of replacing it if problems come up. I had to replace my 2018 RT battery when it just died unexpectedly on a ride.

AS for the reverse problem, I had the same thing on my 2018 RT, sometimes would not go into reverse, it turned out to be in the reverse control button on the handle bar, I fixed it before taking it to the dealer, I have read on the forum where other people had the same problem and waited days to months for the dealer to replace the switch.
    But that's not the problem you have, but close.

As for the low reach handle bar, I noticed I had to reach further on my 2024 compared to my 2018, and both have a back rest.
    I added 1.5" to the 2024 back rest to bring it up a little higher, so it's pressing higher on my back.

I also added 1" long round blocks under the handle bar holder to raise it up and back, its better, and the extra benefit is I can see what's behind me in my mirrors instead of seeing my hands. I see this is a option from the third party resellers, and may try 2" risers to see if that helps, I know it will help to see what's behind me.
    Last edited by Johndeeredoo; 03-29-2024 at 07:33 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    Update on my 2023 Sea to Sky with the 6 month old Haijliu battery...I replaced it with : 12V 21AH 350CCA AGM 12/0 CYLA24HLBSXTA from Batteries Plus.
    My 2024 has I think that same no-name battery. I looked at it to see what the brand was a while back. It does not spin the motor over very enthusiastically so I may just proactively replace mine with a 350 CCA battery too and not risk it. The Batteries Plus one looks good, is 350 CCA and has great reviews and is in stock locally so I may pick one up today even

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just ordered two Yuasa batteries from Amazon for wife and my new '24s that have less than 5 miles on them.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-29-2024 at 11:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    Thank you for your post, lots of good information here.

I have a 2024 spyder RT too, as for my battery, I still have the Haijli battery, and so far its starting the spyder, but thinking of replacing it if problems come up. I had to replace my 2018 RT battery when it just died unexpectedly on a ride.

AS for the reverse problem, I had the same thing on my 2018 RT, sometimes would not go into reverse, it turned out to be in the reverse control button on the handle bar, I fixed it before taking it to the dealer, I have read on the forum where other people had the same problem and waited days to months for the dealer to replace the switch.
    But that's not the problem you have, but close.

As for the low reach handle bar, I noticed I had to reach further on my 2024 compared to my 2018, and both have a back rest.
    I added 1.5" to the 2024 back rest to bring it up a little higher, so it's pressing higher on my back.

I also added 1" long round blocks under the handle bar holder to raise it up and back, its better, and the extra benefit is I can see what's behind me in my mirrors instead of seeing my hands. I see this is a option from the third party resellers, and may try 2" risers to see if that helps, I know it will help to see what's behind me.
    Appreciate the info. Yes i adjusted the S2S drivers back rest too as it was angled way too far forward. Now it sits nice and flat on my back..BUT.. farther back....Those blocks you described..Which vendor did you use? Lamonster?

If the new bars need something I will look at adding the spacers or riser block. Good to know that the mirrors will provide a better angle then.
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 03-29-2024 at 09:33 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post

Good luck...
    The lemon law doesn't apply to recreational vehicles in Delaware. So I will be waiting until its fixed

Spyder Garage

In that case, we hope it gets fixed right, quickly and you get it back and start the miles of smiles...Hang in there buddy, there are several of us Spyder Lovers members in the same boat with codes, screen issues, and ACP not there yet....

Spyder Garage

I took advantage of the 15% sale last week at Batteries Plus to get their AGM battery. Put it on my NOCO charger overnight then installed it. So far so good, it does seem to spin the engine more enthusiastically than the stock battery did. Might be overkill but for $100 figured I'd rather get that known substandard battery out of there. I did add the star lock washers too just for insurance.

Spyder Garage

I also posted this in the other thread by maplehawk... my dealer finally got the ACP flash in from BRP and installed it to my new 2024 S2S!!! They indicated it took about 1 hour as they then had to check everything out and erase those sticky codes everyone seems to have had.
    So go bug your dealers, BRP released it to mine so they should/oughta do the same for you.

YAY!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-07-2024 at 02:57 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info!!! Just called my dealer and left a message for appointment to update ACP.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpy View Post
    Thanks for the info!!! Just called my dealer and left a message for appointment to update ACP.
    The Apple CarPlay update was out for less than a day and they removed it, so you are wasting your time going to the dealer. My Spyder was flagged to receive it in their system, then a few hours later it was no longer there. So as of now, Apple CarPlay is not out.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 08:58 AM.

Spyder Garage

The Apple CarPlay update was out for less than a day and they removed it, so you are wasting your time going to the dealer. My Spyder was flagged to receive it in their system, then a few hours later it was no longer there. So as of now, Apple CarPlay is not out.
    I know they removed the WiFi download. Did they take the download away from the dealers as well?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 08:59 AM.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riplin View Post
    I know they removed the WiFi download. Did they take the download away from the dealers as well?
    Yes they did.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 08:59 AM.

Spyder Garage

Hmm… just got a voicemail from my Service Manager to bring it to them on Tuesday at 10am; but I will call them again, to ensure they have it before I go there, so it’s not a “wasted” trip. It takes about 45 minutes to get there… Service manager says that they are always on top of the latest updates on their BUDs system…. That is in accordance with the Shop Manager. But I did notice in the voicemail that they “should” have it, and as ya’ll know, “should” is a pivotal word in sentences!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 07:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpy View Post
    Hmm… just got a voicemail from my Service Manager to bring it to them on Tuesday at 10am; but I will call them again, to ensure they have it before I go there, so it’s not a “wasted” trip. It takes about 45 minutes to get there… Service manager says that they are always on top of the latest updates on their BUDs system…. That is in accordance with the Shop Manager. But I did notice in the voicemail that they “should” have it, and as ya’ll know, “should” is a pivotal word in sentences!
    Should have it, exactly. Bet they don't, Can-Am has been a huge let down to me. Clown show!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 08:53 AM.

Spyder Garage

Should have it, exactly. Bet they don't, Can-Am has been a huge let down to me. Clown show!
    Just watched Shawn Smoaks video from yesterday and he was using it on a 2024 Spyder. Hmm, continuing saga, we’ll see. I texted the Service Manager and asked him/Shop Manager to “double-check” to see if they have ACP on their BUDS. Won’t know answer till Monday about 10am, will call them first before I go up there.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 08:54 AM.

Spyder Garage

Well, I'm waiting on the Android Auto update and release as I'm a 15-year Samsung user and refuse to do what Apple wants me to do. So I don't care about ACP EXCEPT that the update and previous flash was to fix all the screen errors and get rid of persistent codes... which it seems to have done. Well, that is today of course. patience, PADAWANS, the Dark Side may be waiting. LOL

But I can sympathize with all you guys that are Apple users and can state from my perspective, this ACP/AA is a terrible blot on Can Am/BRP's reputation. What better way to help destroy your reputation and fan/user base than to promise and show something at product release, delay it 7 months, and then yank the update release after 1/2 a day after it clearly has bugs! Which they did not seem test BEFORE releasing....

What is worse... no mea culpa, no chit chat, no apologies... My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 08:57 AM.

Spyder Garage

I got a call yesterday from a lady at BRP wanting to know how I liked the new Apple Car Play. She was totally surprised when I told her that it was not working.

Spyder Garage

One hand behind their back not knowing what the other is doing. We should bombard BRP and let them know this is BS and to get the real fixes in. Meanwhile BRP should tell all their marketing/PR and customer service reps, ACP is not ready as the release has bugs and was pulled back in less than a day......whip lashes to the IT folks for shoving bad code out the door before testing it, but 1 brownie point for yanking it back before it screwed up many people's bikes....

BTW, when I contacted BRP several weeks ago with all the issues, yes, I got a case number and a senior tech contacted my dealer after 4 days, BUT the BRP rep refused to get me a link to the BRP satisfaction survey, did not even say someone would call me back...

To me this says we don't care and don't want to hear about good comments or tough issues, just bugger off...

I got a better idea, someone get the email addresses of the CEO/product managers of the BRP Can Am division and spread it around, then we can fill their mailboxes up...
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 04-11-2024 at 09:05 AM.