Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Here is the link to the BRP Q4 press release...I guess they think the 2024 on road vehicles was a "successful" release..

https://news.brp.com/static-files/64...9-165fbe4abfc5

BTW that report is indicating a large drop in sales in Q4 .. Anticipating even more (35% drop ) as inventory at the dealers isnt moving well....
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 04-11-2024 at 09:12 AM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back at dealer again due to blank screen issues , loss of BT and WIFI :-( :-( .. looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 just with 2023 S2S only)

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 9 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Spoke to my Dealer yesterday and was told by the Service Manager that there is no current ACP update either for the Customer (WiFi) or the Dealership BUDS.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2024 at 07:26 PM.
    -------------------------------
    2024 RT Limited, Petrol Metalic
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    TricLED Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED Turn Signals & Running Lights
    Show Chrome LED Trunk Lights with Run, Brake & Sequential Turn Signals
    Mo-Door Garage Door Opener
    Fobo Electronic Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Show Chrome Heavy-Duty Replacement Rear Trunk Lid Lift Support Strut / Shock
    Show Chrome Trunk Mounted Luggage Rack
    SpyderExtras Billet Aluminum Handlebar Riser Kit

Spyder Garage

Same here, not available via BUDS at dealership: location: San Antonio, TX

Spyder Garage

After a long fight with BRP to fix my Spyder, my dealership and BRP are going to replace my Spyder.

The dealership service department couldn’t get my Spyder to communicate with buds system.

If you recall it would sometimes not go into reverse. BRP wanted them to vent the HCM but couldn’t get to connect to buds.

After about 8 calls to Can-am customer service they sent me a email telling me that they were working on my case and did nothing. Finally they sent me this email.

BRP had no idea why my unit would not connect to buds. It turns out that a small batch of 2024 Spiders will not hook up to buds to trouble shoot faults.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JB62; 04-12-2024 at 04:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

I forwarded the email to my dealer and they contacted BRP regional and elevated my issues so now they are going to replace my Spyder.

Without the dealerships help I would have been unable to get it resolved. My service Department and the dealership have been great.
    Last edited by JB62; 04-12-2024 at 04:57 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JB62 View Post
    I forwarded the email to my dealer and they contacted BRP regional and elevated my issues so now they are going to replace my Spyder.

Without the dealerships help I would have been unable to get it resolved. My service Department and the dealership have been great.
    You definitely got their attention, now we all have to give them a chance to fix it!
    Last edited by Knizar; 04-12-2024 at 05:07 PM.
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    You definitely got their attention, now we all have to give them a chance to fix it!
    BRP customer service thinks we are going to roll over and play dead. That we have no choice but to do as they say.

But they start to get concerned went you start elevating your problem up the food chain. Moral of the story is keep the heat on them.

Squeaky wheel gets the oil. My Spyder has been at the dealership for 2 months. I only had it home a week
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-12-2024 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Sounds like your dealer was very helpful and BRP actually listened due to the constant heat. I am concerned that "some" spyders won't communicate with BUDS2...I'm starting to wonder if that might have been part of the issues where the codes could not be erased by many owners, and maybe the issue of the screens all along? (remember some people got their bike re-flashed based on vin#'s?)

JB62... please keep your bike's VIN. If that one gets put back into the wild... some poor sucker is not gonna know the history of it...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-13-2024 at 09:36 AM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back at dealer again due to blank screen issues , loss of BT and WIFI :-( :-( .. looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 just with 2023 S2S only)

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 9 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WRCLVR View Post
    Sounds like your dealer was very helpful and BRP actually listened due to the constant heat. I am concerned that "some" spyders won't communicate with BUDS2...I'm starting to wonder if that might have been part of the issues where the codes could not be erased by many owners, and maybe the issue of the screens all along? (remember some people got their bike re-flashed based on vin#'s?)

JB62... please keep your bike's VIN. If that one gets put back into the wild... some poor sucker is not gonna know the history of it...
    Once BRP actually talked to the service department and compared notes BRP discovered that their computer program needed to communicate with 2024 Spyders wasn’t working properly and has to fix their own program.

The BOSS program allows the service department to communicate with the Spyder and BRP in order to troubleshoot. BRP assumed the service department we’re stupid.

They were so arrogant thinking their poop didn’t stink that they were above actualy talking to the service department or a customer about a problem that after 2 months it finally came back to bite them.

It wasn’t until after the issue was run up the chain of command consequences started happening that they changed their tune.

If they have done it to me surely they have done it to other people as well.
    Last edited by JB62; 04-13-2024 at 01:17 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Once BRP actually talked to the service department and compared notes BRP discovered that their computer program needed to communicate with 2024 Spyders wasn’t working properly and has to fix their own program.

The BOSS program allows the service department to communicate with the Spyder and BRP in order to troubleshoot. BRP assumed the service department we’re stupid.

They were so arrogant thinking their poop didn’t stink that they were above actualy talking to the service department or a customer about a problem that after 2 months it finally came back to bite them.

It wasn’t until after the issue was run up the chain of command consequences started happening that they changed their tune.

If they have done it to me surely they have done it to other people as well.
    Glad you got a pleasant out-come ..... as to the rest of the issues ...I'm not a bit surprised .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thank you Mike, there should not be all these issues happening but I shows me BRP doesn’t care about the end user after you buy, what good is a warranty if they won’t fix it

Spyder Garage

Ya Kawasaki, Yamaha and Polaris need to start making these bikes so the quality and pricing will improve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hancop View Post
    Ya Kawasaki, Yamaha and Polaris need to start making these bikes so the quality and pricing will improve
    If they did I would have bought one

Spyder Garage

I just called my dealer and they said that BRP are hoping the update will be ready by May 1.

I also asked if their BUDS would work on a 2024 and he said YES, their BUDS was updated to work with the new 2024 Spyders.
    So we wait again.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2024 at 04:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

Haven't taken it in yet dropping it off Saturday, won't know for a few weeks as I am a trucker and will be gone for couple of weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    I just called my dealer and they said that BRP are hoping the update will be ready by May 1.

I also asked if their BUDS would work on a 2024 and he said YES, their BUDS was updated to work with the new 2024 Spyders.
    So we wait again.
    They found out last week that BUDS would not work with 2024's. They won’t know until they try it...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2024 at 04:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the post, my dealer just used it on a 2024 Spyder RT on Friday. The issue on this Spyder was that music came out of both speakers and the head set at the same time.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2024 at 04:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

So we wait again.

Yeah, that's what they said about March 1st, then middle of March, then April 1st. They did a four-hour release on April 4th and then shut it down with the excuse that the engineers had found a glitch. The engineers have had this for at least 2 years and on the day of the release they find a glitch!! I don't think so.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2024 at 07:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ya they seem rather deceitful and don’t really care if you ask me

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hancop View Post
    ...or Honda too !!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-17-2024 at 08:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    Yeah, that's what they said about March 1st, then middle of March, then April 1st. They did a four-hour release on April 4th and then shut it down with the excuse that the engineers had found a glitch. The engineers have had this for at least 2 years and on the day of the release they find a glitch!! I don't think so.
    Yep, just keep moving the goalposts every time a promised release date gets near. May 1st now, huh? Might as well just stop giving out dates at all since they are meaningless.

I got a call from Can-Am last week asking me how I liked the CarPlay feature. I told her I'd be glad to give my opinion of it, IF I EVER GET IT.

I am one who got 2.1.1, then let 2.1.0 install which of course rolled everything back to stock. Maybe they could tell from their end that my VIN number got it and that's how they knew to call me, I dunno.
    Last edited by jfischer; 04-17-2024 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added more detail

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Yep, just keep moving the goalposts every time a promised release date gets near. May 1st now, huh? Might as well just stop giving out dates at all since they are meaningless.

I got a call from Can-Am last week asking me how I liked the CarPlay feature. I told her I'd be glad to give my opinion of it, IF I EVER GET IT.

I am one who got 2.1.1, then let 2.1.0 install which of course rolled everything back to stock. Maybe they could tell from their end that my VIN number got it and that's how they knew to call me, I dunno.
    I have stopped believing anything they say. After a while it is meaningless.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post

Same thing here, BRP Customer Service called me too because I did the same thing, downloaded the V2.1.1 and then after downloaded V2.1.0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpy View Post
    Same thing here, BRP Customer Service called me too because I did the same thing, downloaded the V2.1.1 and then after downloaded V2.1.0
    We might get it by 2025, they seem very incompetent.
    I think they have cried wolf too many times.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-17-2024 at 09:42 PM. Reason: to ... ;-)

Spyder Garage

When I purchased my 2024 spyder, it came with a 2 year warranty, when does coverage start?
    It should start when everything works correctly not when you purchased it. Correct?
    So far it has not worked correctly, Since ACP does not work, how can I tell if other things don't work.
    So far my passenger heated hand grips don't get warm.
    And ACP is non functional.
    Just thinking.

Spyder Garage

When I purchased my 2024 spyder, it came with a 2 year warranty, when does coverage start?
    It should start when everything works correctly not when you purchased it. Correct?
    So far it has not worked correctly, Since ACP does not work, how can I tell if other things don't work.
    So far my passenger heated hand grips don't get warm.
    And ACP is non functional.
    Just thinking.
    It starts the day you sign the papers. I am supposed to get an extra year too for pre-ordering, not sure if that got applied or not but I have screen shots showing that promotion and my pre-order paperwork.