Spyder Garage

Default Broken Mirror 2023 RTL -- Replace whole Assembly? Or Fix it with parts?

Bird strike today on a nice ride through the country. Knocked off the left mirror assembly on my 2023 RT Limited. Glass did not break, but outside cover has serious road rash and a broken tab. Intermediate mounting piece on the bike appears to have broken plastic that holds the top metal attachment pin. (I can post photos if anyone else has detailed experience with this and wants to see them?)

Main questions are: Do I need to buy the whole mirror assembly? Can the smaller pieces be purchased separately? Is it worth getting smaller pieces or does the effort/labor negate any savings?

Sincerely Thanks for reading this!

"Merlin" ... Austin, TX

Spyder Garage

I don't know specifically about the 2023's, but going by experience with earlier models, I'd reckon that if you've damaged a collection of bits comprising a bunch of anything but the glass itself, then you'd stand a better chance of ending up with a useful mirror if you replace the whole thing!!

The BRP mirrors are notoriously hard to dissemble/reassemble without breaking some of the critical bits, and if you do that, you might've been better off just buying the complete unit in the first place!! The mirrors might not be all that 'cheap', but if you need to buy the bits you need and then some, even if the components aren't exactly 'expensive', buying a collection will probably end up costing more than the complete unit in the long run!

Just Sayin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Not knowing your color, it looks like you can get various parts for it. Find your color at Partshark.
    https://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a...5/body-console

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Just looked it up, there is a breakdown of the assembly, without having the mirror in my hand and see what's really broke it hard to tell if it would be cheaper! Mybe you should look it up, and try Ebay, you may find one there, it's worth a try. Good luck and watch out for those low flying birds!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Hey Merlin, not on topic, be I am in Austin too. Maybe get together in the spring for a Hill Country ride? Always looking for a fellow Spyder rider.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had a small piece of my 2014 RT mirror housing break off .... I glued a very thin piece of alumin. to use as backing .... then filled it with Bondo, sanded it smooth and painted it .... I really can't tell it was broken..... I have used Bondo a few times so it was easy for me .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

oldguyinTX ... Sounds like a great idea!