Spyder Garage

Default More wiring questions - looking for switched power for relay?

16 RT.
    I've been searching the forum on switched auxiliary wiring. I am using a relay to power extra LED lights and looking for a switched power source for the 'low amp side' of the wiring. I see some have used an add-a-circuit to the fuse box but I haven't figured out how one gets the wire out of a sealed box. An alternative is tapping into the wire going to the 12v outlet in the trunk, if I can find it without dismantling everything.
    I will be removing the passenger backrest to install a trunk lid support so maybe will see something there.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-04-2024 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2016 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Frunk Aux Electrical

Depends on where you want the lighting, there should be an aux 12v power lead behind your frunk and your BRP operators manual also mentions a fuse that can be moved in one of the fuse boxes on page 60 - 61 for the rear power outlet that will switch that outlet from always on to switched. I've had to remove my frunk to get access to a folded over switched 12v power lead, some folks can find theirs when they unzip the frunk liner (like they were going to access the battery or fuse boxes). My '18 had that "extra" power lead hole plugged but you could see the lead with the frunk pulled off.

2018 Spyder Frunk Aux Electrical wide.jpg

2018 Spyder Frunk Aux Electrical closeup.jpg

2018 Spyder Frunk Aux Electrical closeup 2.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-04-2024 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Thanks. My manual Pg 155 explained the two fuse positions for the outlet. That's why I was wondering where the trunk outlet wire might be and hoping to find it when replacing the trunk lid support.
    2016 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

In the back of the frunk, there's a rubber oval grommet on my '19 RTL. Take that out, and two switched accessory wire leads should be loose behind that. Might have to fish around a bit. That's what I used to run to my USB port handlebar mount. Sorry, too busy at work right now, but I think I posted a pic in one of my other posts.
    2019 Spyder RT Ltd. Bought in Jan 2024. Can-Am states only.

Spyder Garage

Thanks-I'll keep 'fishing around' as I'm hesitant to remove all of the front plastic right now.
    2016 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

See the second pic in this thread, all you need to remove is the frunk liner, may even be able to find 'em with the zipper open.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...or-fuse-covers
    2019 Spyder RT Ltd. Bought in Jan 2024. Can-Am states only.

Spyder Garage

Many have the GPS switched power behind the fuel tank on the right side. I am using that on both my 2018 RTLs to power GPS and USB dual port/voltmeter in the switch area.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Many have the GPS switched power behind the fuel tank on the right side. I am using that on both my 2018 RTLs to power GPS and USB dual port/voltmeter in the switch area.
    That's the one I ended up using.
    Thanks all for the help.
    2016 RT-L , Blue