Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Nitpicking the 2024 RT

Saw a couple of new 2024 RT's Friday. Both were already sold and awaiting pick up. I saw two things I don't care for on them though. If you look closely at the top of the side bags, you'll see a triangle shape with a different finish. These are simply stuck on decals for looks. I wonder how long it will take for them to start peeling? Also, since the right side passenger audio control panel no longer exists, BRP chose to simply install a filler panel where it used to be instead of making a new panel surrounding the grip handle. It makes it look like an afterthought, Just my opinions. (And I know what their worth!)

2024RT.jpg
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Probably showing my age and resistance to change, but the top case appears to be a big red and black afterthought. The design from the photo angle does nothing for me.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Saw a couple of new 2024 RT's Friday. Both were already sold and awaiting pick up. I saw two things I don't care for on them though. If you look closely at the top of the side bags, you'll see a triangle shape with a different finish. These are simply stuck on decals for looks. I wonder how long it will take for them to start peeling? Also, since the right side passenger audio control panel no longer exists, BRP chose to simply install a filler panel where it used to be instead of making a new panel surrounding the grip handle. It makes it look like an afterthought, Just my opinions. (And I know what their worth!)

2024RT.jpg
    So now the question is after looking at the 2024 and nitpicking, what did you see that you liked?
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    So now the question is after looking at the 2024 and nitpicking, what did you see that you liked?
    I liked the new controls. The high beam switch is now where the former flash-to-pass/BRP Connect switch was. The big reverse button is gone, replaced by a more easily operated, smaller button. Rolling the throttle forward is the new "mode" switch. I'm still not convinced the touch screen dash is necessary, but the larger size is nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jetfixer; 02-04-2024 at 04:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

I liked the new controls. The high beam switch is now where the former flash-to-pass/BRP Connect switch was. The big reverse button is gone, replaced by a more easily operated, smaller button. Rolling the throttle forward is the new "mode" switch. I'm still not convinced the touch screen dash is necessary, but the larger size is nice.
    I would think that a touch screen dash would be more of a safety hazard than anything else. There's already enough distractions without that IMHO.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I would think that a touch screen dash would be more of a safety hazard than anything else. There's already enough distractions without that IMHO.
    I think the touch screen stops working at 10 mph, so it has to be controled by the buttons after that.
    I got a chance to ride down to the dealership in Winston Salem, NC on Saturday. I was more looking to check out the actual color on the "Sea to Sky". It is more of a flat white color than anything. In fact, that is what I was expecting in 2020 and 2021 with the "chalk white" color. Overall, it was nice, but nothing that I would trade my 2021 in for, and definitely not a fan of the flat white color finish. But it only stands to reason that they would do something different to try to get on everyones side. Different strokes for different folks. The left mirror seems to be fixed (not shaky). I just hope they did a better job on the saddle bag handles and etc. When I talked to the salesperson about that, they admitted that there were issues with the 2020-2022 models, but blamed it on covid. But when I asked why they did not do a recall, or cover these items without the runaround, there was no comment. But, we can just continue to hope for better.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

2024RT.jpg
    Where did you see one? I pre-ordered a red 2024 RT Limited in October from Powersports of Greenville and am hoping it shows up soon.
    Last edited by jfischer; 02-06-2024 at 11:25 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Where did you see one? I pre-ordered a red 2024 RT Limited in October from Powersports of Greenville and am hoping it shows up soon.
    They're in stock at Seminole Powersports in Sanford, Florida. The two on the floor (red & blue) were both sold already, but they had a truckload more...

Spyder Garage

They're in stock at Seminole Powersports in Sanford, Florida. The two on the floor (red & blue) were both sold already, but they had a truckload more...
    Cool, so that's sightings in FL and NC, and I'm in the middle so maybe in the next week or two I'll finally get mine. I sold my 2017 when I moved back in August and been missing my riding time!

Spyder Garage

I just bought a red limited 2024 today in Delaware. They just got it Thursday and it is still in the box, they are building it for me tomorrow. It was the only red one they had it was not preordered so I got very lucky. Jeff

Spyder Garage

Another trip to the dealer and once again, the 19th is the "positive" (green symbol) date for my F3-S. I just ordered my turn signal and shift lever mods so I will be ready for the bike.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-06-2024 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Removed spaces before punctuation & square brackets, which are seen as command delimiters here... :-/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I dunno, haven't made up my mind yet, but at least it has a few lines. Now, for the seat strut???

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool, so that's sightings in FL and NC, and I'm in the middle so maybe in the next week or two I'll finally get mine. I sold my 2017 when I moved back in August and been missing my riding time!
    That red is beautiful! My buddy was assembling a red 2024 on Saturday when we went to the dealership. It looked much nicer than the Sea to Sky in my opinion. They also had a couple of 2023's over in the corner, and even a new 2022 in the showroom.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That red is beautiful! My buddy was assembling a red 2024 on Saturday when we went to the dealership. It looked much nicer than the Sea to Sky in my opinion. They also had a couple of 2023's over in the corner, and even a new 2022 in the showroom.
    Local dealer only has a 2023 Sea and Sky hanging around. I do not like that green color at all. I also really want the CarPlay feature since I'm new to the area and would really like to have navigation readily available. So I put down for a 2024, which sounds like it should be arriving any day based on these reports . Fingers crossed anyway.

Spyder Garage

Local dealer only has a 2023 Sea and Sky hanging around. I do not like that green color at all. I also really want the CarPlay feature since I'm new to the area and would really like to have navigation readily available. So I put down for a 2024, which sounds like it should be arriving any day based on these reports . Fingers crossed anyway.
    If you have ordered one , the dealer should be able to give you a date . All they have to do is look on the computer .

Spyder Garage

Stopped by dealer today, the Spyder arrived on Friday and should be assembled and ready to deliver this week. Probably won't be able to get it until next weekend, but we'll see if I can sneak it in earlier.

Spyder Garage

I bought the Blue one

Spyder Garage

I am going to do my best to go get mine tomorrow (Wednesday). Hopefully no major issues...

Spyder Garage

The new larger screen looks like a big improvement over the previous version. Now if they would just delete those stupid speakers flanking the screen, they could make the display even bigger so that it might be more useful as a GPS/Navigation display, especially if the Car Play features now work properly with cell phones like they have for at least 5 years in the automotive world.
    For that matter, delete the radio and all the speakers, as the last thing I plan on doing is going down the road blaring loud music for the rest of the world to put up with.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-21-2024 at 12:14 AM.

Spyder Garage

I see that a major improvement is eliminating the passenger controls for the audio system.
    I think that is a very important upgrade.
    DAMHIKT.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

The rolling the throttle is the replacement for the left-hand top button to select reverse. Not sure where the mode button is, but it is not part on the throttle. Parking brake is on the right side now, and the starter is part of the kill button features(start/run/kill). No more getting caught by the "red" button got turned off.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-16-2024 at 08:38 AM.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Has anyone been riding on lond?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-16-2024 at 04:38 AM. Reason: ridding - throwing away?? lond?? :dontknow:

Spyder Garage

I'm picking up a new 2024 Sea to Sky today in Cartersville GA. Will give my impressions and thoughts after the 40 mile ride home. Seems as if the new controls may be a bit different than my 2019 RT Limited or my 2023 Sea to Sky...
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

There is no mode button. You turn on key wait for screen to boot up and a message appears saying something about the safety card. At this point you roll the throttle forward and the screen goes to gage mode and you can start bike using what used to be the kill switch. You don't have to hold the throttle in the forward position to start but you do when shifting to reverse. I have a little over 300 miles on mine and still have think about it when starting the bike. I suppose I will get used to it someday.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OlJim View Post
    There is no mode button. You turn on key wait for screen to boot up and a message appears saying something about the safety card. At this point you roll the throttle forward and the screen goes to gage mode and you can start bike using what used to be the kill switch. You don't have to hold the throttle in the forward position to start but you do when shifting to reverse. I have a little over 300 miles on mine and still have think about it when starting the bike. I suppose I will get used to it someday.
    Ah... thank you very much for the quick primer. That is different.... lol. I'm gonna make the dealer pair the Samsung to the bike. After watching that, I will pair up my Sena 50S comms. Don't have Apples so lack of Carplay is not an issue.

Does Google Maps work well with the new 2024's?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-18-2024 at 01:00 AM.
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)