Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Lone Ranger and the ''Peacebreaker" Exhaust!

Citing a, quote 'lack of direction in retirement' Tonto Fabrications has released the following documentary of the unmasked rider of the plains heading out to ''bust some eardrums'' Hi ho silver (or black if requested).

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/VA3nT...?feature=share
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-31-2024 at 06:56 PM.
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Not for me. I like it quiet. More importantly, the wife would do mean things to if I put one of those on "our" Spyder.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

For the street. WHY??? To each his own!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is totally ridiculous, the only reason that I can think the need is to overcome.............. some very ...... er ...... short comings.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2024 at 09:56 PM.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

This is mine.........

That is a glass pack and I do have two addional sets of baffles preceding it. It is louder than stock, but not annoyingly loud.

Never been stopped or ticketed. I keep the RPMs down in town, and mostly just let it wind on isolated country two lanes where traffic is almost non-existent and only a few isolated farms. Below about 3,000 revs it is just a low rumble, without the high pitched, annoying scream. On the Interstate you don't even notice it with all the 18 wheelers running 75 to 80 MPH too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Cool

Times have changed ..............or have they?

Just by way of comparison a similar number of horsepower...................

https://quicksounds.com/sound/3727/horse-stampede

Sorta stirs the soul a bit eh, wouldn't want to do 200 miles behind them though

While we're on the subject, why did old kemosabe wear the mask, not like he was undercover with his glam outfit and all?

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/wp-co...one-Ranger.gif

Also breakdown procedures are similar...............

Nowadays we have shiny metric clubs.

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2024 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Times have changed ..............or have they?

Just by way of comparison a similar number of horsepower...................

https://quicksounds.com/sound/3727/horse-stampede

Sorta stirs the soul a bit eh, wouldn't want to do 200 miles behind them though

While we're on the subject, why did old kemosabe wear the mask, not like he was undercover with his glam outfit and all?

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/wp-co...one-Ranger.gif

Also breakdown procedures are similar...............

Nowadays we have shiny metric clubs.

I reckon I'd much rather be BEHIND that 'Horse Stampede' noise than IN FRONT OF IT! Or worse, UNDER it!!

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2024 at 10:40 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Not for me. I like it quiet. More importantly, the wife would do mean things to if I put one of those on "our" Spyder.
    Maybe he just can't leave his Harley days behind!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just picked up the Baldwin Iron Works cat delete and boy I didn't realize how much louder it was. I was trying to get rid of the weight and heat, it now sounds like a go cart on steroids.

Going to install the baffle to tone it down some when I go to wrap it. I just need to decide whether or not to use the end plug on the baffle. I wanted to go with the rls cat delete that has the resonator but at almost $400 compared to $99 for the baldwin and me being in between jobs the wife would have my A$$ for spending that much right now.

Maybe later on when I am back at work again.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Link provided for bashfull types with exhaust mods.
    hidesbehindsofa.gif

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/5164...042-1-20&sts=1
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Spyder Garage

I wasn't being bashful but when I went out for my ride yesterday, I went through a small town near Aldie and anyone that was outside was looking for me before I even got there.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I wasn't being bashful but when I went out for my ride yesterday, I went through a small town near Aldie and anyone that was outside was looking for me before I even got there.
    I can hear them saying, who was that unmasked man with colour blindness and tinnitus???
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Spyder Garage

I just picked up the Baldwin Iron Works cat delete and boy I didn't realize how much louder it was. I was trying to get rid of the weight and heat, it now sounds like a go cart on steroids.

Going to install the baffle to tone it down some when I go to wrap it. I just need to decide whether or not to use the end plug on the baffle. I wanted to go with the rls cat delete that has the resonator but at almost $400 compared to $99 for the baldwin and me being in between jobs the wife would have my A$$ for spending that much right now.

Maybe later on when I am back at work again.
    I did the B.I.W. Cat delete with Titanium Header wrap for the whole length of the front tuned pipe to the end of the Cat Delete, and still have the stock final exhaust. It sounds better (but still not as good as the BRP Akrapovic Sport silencer (one day....).
    BIW Cat delete heat wrapped.jpg
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Link provided for bashfull types with exhaust mods.
    hidesbehindsofa.gif

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/5164...042-1-20&sts=1
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I can hear them saying, who was that unmasked man with colour blindness and tinnitus???
    Not color blind but I do have glaucoma and permanent tinnitus from the Judas Priest Screaming for Vengeance tour concert back in 82.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    That is totally ridiculous, the only reason that I can think the need is to overcome.............. some very ...... er ...... short comings.
    Totally agree. That raspiness sounds like a**!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Onya. Why be bashful? Let em all know your about to arrive.
    Why Hell. Thats what its its about isn't it?

Did you get some "Throttle Blipping" in along the way?
    Ya know, the icing on the cake? Like Wwwrrrrriiiipppp Blip Blip Wwwrrrrriiiipppp..

Wow, what a guy you must be. Kudos in Spades!
    Eat ya heart out Tom Cruise ya just got trumped.
    Your a Super Coowweell Dude CloverHillCrawler for sure.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

I'm not really trying to announce myself so much, I just wanted to lose the heat and weight... especially if I am pulling in for a smoke break and don't want to be annoying the locals and pissing them off while I'm doing it.

When I wrap it I am putting the full baffle in it.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I'm not really trying to announce myself so much, I just wanted to lose the heat and weight... especially if I am pulling in for a smoke break and don't want to be annoying the locals and pissing them off while I'm doing it.
    Ah OK. I guess it was the ....

That suggested, well that you wished to be "That Guy"

Onya. No real need to announce to all your impending arrival.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Maybe he just can't leave his Harley days behind!

Ammoconfusion
    578678.jpg
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Spyder Garage

If you are going with the "loud pipes save lives" myth; you need to study the science. that is one of the biggest myths in the motorcycle industry. It simply is not true; the physics of sound waves and sound proofing of modern cars does not support it. If you are doing it because you like the sound, keep in mind most bystanders form a negative attitude about bikes/trikes because of the obnoxious noise. Therefore, you are hurting the reputations of all others who ride. There is nothing positive about loud pipes despite the anecdotal BS associated with them.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    If you are going with the "loud pipes save lives" myth; you need to study the science. that is one of the biggest myths in the motorcycle industry. It simply is not true; the physics of sound waves and sound proofing of modern cars does not support it. If you are doing it because you like the sound, keep in mind most bystanders form a negative attitude about bikes/trikes because of the obnoxious noise. Therefore, you are hurting the reputations of all others who ride. There is nothing positive about loud pipes despite the anecdotal BS associated with them.
    Gotta disagree with the 'hurting the reputation' bit cruisn.

My thinking is if I'm going to be lumped in with the open pipes mob because I ride then that sort of forked tongue attitude deserves zero respect.
    Generally, I think most people appreciate a nice sounding exhaust. It's when life endangerment gets thrown into the package that they object.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-09-2024 at 02:03 AM.
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Spyder Garage

Gotta disagree with the 'hurting the reputation' bit cruisn.

My thinking is if I'm going to be lumped in with the open pipes mob because I ride then that sort of forked tongue attitude deserves zero respect.
    Generally, I think most people appreciate a nice sounding exhaust. It's when life endangerment gets thrown into the package that they object.
    So, why then, are so may venues (including national and state parks) prohibiting bikes with loud pipes? It's happening and is a valid concern. They are not necessary and not welcome by the majority of civil people.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-09-2024 at 02:02 AM.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    So, why then, are so may venues (including national and state parks prohibiting bikes with loud pipes? It's happening and is a valid concern. They are not necessary and not welcome by the majority of civil people.

Do you recall anyone other than govt agency's advocating these sorts of restrictions ?
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

Spyder Garage

Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-09-2024 at 01:10 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black