Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Has anybody found a 1157 LED replacement that doesn't cause hyper-flash?

Has anybody found an 1157 LED bulb that doesn't cause hyperflash on a 2020 F3?

I bought some these AutoOne 1157 bulbs https://www.amazon.com/Lights-AUTOON.../dp/B09W4C1D4K

I need to replace the current ones due to when I have the afterburner lights on that I have installed it is drowning out the dim incandescent bulbs of my brake and turn signals.

The autoone led bulbs are definitely bright enough to fix the issue but I am getting a weird hyperflash after doing the lamonster hyperflash fix.

While I am in full motion the bulb does not hyperflash but slow down or stop (even with the brake off) it hyperflashes.

I just read in another thread that the hyperflash fix has to be done with the engine running so I will give that a try first as I did the fix with just the ignition on and not running.

But if I need to get a new set of bulbs who has used one that works without hyperflash?

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Has anybody found an 1157 LED bulb that doesn't cause hyperflash on a 2020 F3?

I bought some these AutoOne 1157 bulbs https://www.amazon.com/Lights-AUTOON.../dp/B09W4C1D4K

I need to replace the current ones due to when I have the afterburner lights on that I have installed it is drowning out the dim incandescent bulbs of my brake and turn signals.

The autoone led bulbs are definitely bright enough to fix the issue but I am getting a weird hyperflash after doing the lamonster hyperflash fix.

While I am in full motion the bulb does not hyperflash but slow down or stop (even with the brake off) it hyperflashes.

I just read in another thread that the hyperflash fix has to be done with the engine running so I will give that a try first as I did the fix with just the ignition on and not running.

But if I need to get a new set of bulbs who has used one that works without hyperflash?
    Yes there are brands that don't HYPER-FLASH, however what's BAD about that .... IMHO it's MORE noticeable in Hyper-Flash .... and that's a good thing. .....JMHO ....Mike

Spyder Garage

I am just worried about the hyperflash causing canbus errors or throwing codes.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am just worried about the hyperflash causing canbus errors or throwing codes.
    Well, it’s the same old thing. Unless you want to add a separate load resister, you need to buy a bulb with the load resisters built in. The bulbs you bought don’t have it. States that in the product description. Google will give you some choices, but they’ll run you around 50 bucks for a pair. It’s a two circuit bulb.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 01-27-2024 at 04:25 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I forgot to change the bulbs out to try the hyperflash fix with it running today, I was hot to trot after getting my cat delete installed and started it up to let the ecu adjust for about half hour and did a face palm when I remembered I wanted to put those in before I started it.Oh well off I went out on a 2 hour test drive this afternoon.

I'll try the fix tomorrow with it running and if it is a no go I'll go get the resisitors. I just didn't feel like splicing into the lines under the seat, guess I'll have to if the hyperflash fix doesn't work again.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Go to Amazon and search for an 1157 LED bulb with built in resister that’s Can-Bus ready.
    Loving my 2020 RT-L

Spyder Garage

Clovercrawler - Auxito makes LED signal light bulbs with built in resistors, so you don't have to splice any wires. On my 21 RTL the original signal light bulbs were not 1157. The correct bulbs have pins on the side of the socket that are NOT 180° apart like the 1157. I no longer have the PN of the bulbs, but their website is very helpful. 2 bulbs were about $30 two years ago.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-27-2024 at 08:09 PM.
    2021 Spyder RTL chalk/black/chrome bought in March 21. Previous rides: 2019 Spyder RTL, Orange/chrome. 2015 Harley Heritage, 2002 Harley Heritage, 77 Harley Electra Glide, 75 Harley Electra Glide, 72 Harley Sportster (first bike bought new)
    My Spyder Mods
    Rider backrest, F&R cup holders; F3 handlebars; BRP LED driving light; LaMonster front fender and mirror turn signals, LaMonster Saddlebag lights, Auxito LED rear turn signal blubs w/ built in load resistor; Brake lite modulator/flasher; LaMonster flags on trunk; Garmin Zumo XT. LaMonster Bluetooth adapter for Phone & GPS through Spyder speakers. LaMonster floorboard risers; FOBO tire pressure monitors, Vredestein front and rear tires; BajaRon sway bar.

Spyder Garage

Yea those are different, mine has 1157's in it now and I have a 2020 F3.

Thanks I'll take a look at them to see if a 1157 is available.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 01-27-2024 at 06:43 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

You can reprogram the turn signals to not hyper-flash . . . you can look it up, but I believe the steps are:

- with the key on (not running), hold the hazard button down for 30 seconds
    - turn off hazard lights
    - use the turn switch either left or right
    - after one flash of the turn signal, turn the bike off
    - repeat all steps for other turn signal
    - when complete turn bike back on and hyper-flash will be gone

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRhino130 View Post
    You can reprogram the turn signals to not hyper-flash . . . you can look it up, but I believe the steps are:

- with the key on (not running), hold the hazard button down for 30 seconds
    - turn off hazard lights
    - use the turn switch either left or right
    - after one flash of the turn signal, turn the bike off
    - repeat all steps for other turn signal
    - when complete turn bike back on and hyper-flash will be gone
    I had done that before following the lamonster video but what happened was that it did not hyper flash while in motion but once I slowed down or stopped it would start hyperflashing again which was a change from hyperflashing all of the time.

I just read in another thread though that it works only when you have the engine running when you perform the hyperflash procedure so I have to go back and do that again as i did it with the engine off and ignition only on.

I will retry the hyperflash fix with the engine running but it's 39 deg and raining here today so I will wait for a dry day so I can test it plus I still have to get the other 2 strips working on my afterburners before I can take it out in wet conditions.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I had done that before following the lamonster video but what happened was that it did not hyper flash while in motion but once I slowed down or stopped it would start hyperflashing again which was a change from hyperflashing all of the time.

I just read in another thread though that it works only when you have the engine running when you perform the hyperflash procedure so I have to go back and do that again as i did it with the engine off and ignition only on.

I will retry the hyperflash fix with the engine running but it's 39 deg and raining here today so I will wait for a dry day so I can test it plus I still have to get the other 2 strips working on my afterburners before I can take it out in wet conditions.
    I have done this exercise countless times. It works fine for awhile and then the hyper-flash is back. Sometimes I get a normal or what some consider a normal flash and other times I get the hyper-flash. I don't even notice anymore. If they are flashing they are working and I don't worry about it. I have never had a code or canbus issue in 15,000 miles because of this.
    2015 RT , Black