Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Another set of Bad TricLED AfterBurnerz...

I got my TricLED AfterBurnerz fitted but I am not happy with them. I have seen others post issues about the thin leads they use for their LED strips.

I went through and installed them following the PDF install instructions on the website as well as using the video. I went to do a test before closing everything up and I already have a bad strip due to a loose connection where the wire goes into the LED strip.

I am worried about putting my fender back on and causing more damage to the other strips because the leads are so thin and when I go to place the cables inside the fender to stow it, it will require some bending and twisting in order to make the harness fit in the area that is given.

Slingmods is waiting on an answer from TricLED about the warranty and will not issue a refund or exchange (which I am not really interested in) until they hear from them. I still have the LEDs on the Spyder just in case the only option is they will replace the broken strip, but I am afraid of closing this up with the leads in place and pulling it back off again as it will bend and break the leads if they are moved back and forth too much with how thin they are. In the meantime, it's frigging 70 outside and I can't go riding because I can't put my fender back on because of this and I now have to wait for an answer from TricLED before I can either pull these off and return them or deal with a nightmare of a replacement strip and more troubleshooting.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-26-2024 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

It would seem that TricLed quality has been suffering - and not in a good way - for some time now. A fair number of folks seem to be unhappy with their products for any number of reasons, including your issue. If it were me, demand a refund, not a replacement, which means you would get as a replacement what you already have that you know is defective. Just my 2 cents worth.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Tric said they would have a replacement strip out to me monday, I was able to reassemble my fender but left the top 2 strips unplugged and carefully tucked the leads in. so I can come back to it next week.

I have the cat delete pipe coming in tomorrow so I want to be able to try it out when I am finished. They look nice when they are working but damn those leads are fragile and have to be handled as such which is almost an impossible task with how much room there is after you add on the splitter.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I took these after getting back in from doing a ride yesterday after getting the cat delete installed this is what it looks like so far with only the two bottom strips working.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 01-28-2024 at 05:51 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Got the replacement strip in yesterday and got them back up and running with very gently tucking the wires in before I closed it up.

I also put the 1157 leds back in for the brake lights so the afterburners wouldn't drown them out.

IMG_20240202_132616989.jpg
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-02-2024 at 02:24 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been through several of these cheap Chinese LED strips. Some work for a long time before they go fubar and some fail the first time you turn them on. I've experienced both. All providers are not easy to deal with when returning defective products, but, some are.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I've been through several of these cheap Chinese LED strips. Some work for a long time before they go fubar and some fail the first time you turn them on. I've experienced both. All providers are not easy to deal with when returning defective products, but, some are.
    Slingmods was really cool and contacted Tric LED and they sent out a replacement strip. I am just worried if I have to take the light cover off to do some work that it will break the leads with bending back the opposite way when I go to disconnect them.

Even though they had some great service I doubt I will buy anything else from Tric with how cheaply they did the leads on this. It shouldn't be necessary to have to put something on a couple of times. Hell the money that they saved on the leads was negated by having to send me out another strip.

I'll take some more pics later this evening once it's dark.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Some twilight pics From Devil Bliss Bridge Road...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black