Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    ..... to swapping out my OEM sway bar.
    So Mr troop. When are you planning to do the deed and swap out that bar?

Please take some snaps or high quality digital images.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post
    So Mr troop. When are you planning to do the deed and swap out that bar?

Please take some snaps or high quality digital images.
    Not likely for a couple months as it's mid winter I did go with the BR Ultra bar. Still planning on going the ramp route.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Just browsing FB market place and came across the HF 63397 lift listed for sale 20 miles from my house. Great shape for $100. Cool 😊
    Very similar to my Craftsman aluminum moto jack. $100 for a used one seems expensive.

My Craftsman version works well, but requires careful placement when raising the Spyder.
    At full height, they wobble a bunch.

Spyder Garage

Not likely for a couple months as it's mid winter I did go with the BR Ultra bar. Still planning on going the ramp route.
    Still have not gotten a chance to ride my friends Spyder with the new springs.

Did BajaRon suggest the Ultra Bar, even with the firmer springs?
    Since firmer springs and a firmer bar both contribute to less front grip, and can contribute to a harsher ride, will be interesting how it works for you, especially in wet or slippery road conditions.

As I mentioned, have not ridden my friends yet with the H&R springs and original style BajaRon bar, but the initial feel standing on the floorboards would lean towards a softer swaybar when using the firmer springs, unless a person were heavy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Still have not gotten a chance to ride my friends Spyder with the new springs.

Did BajaRon suggest the Ultra Bar, even with the firmer springs?
    Since firmer springs and a firmer bar both contribute to less front grip, and can contribute to a harsher ride, will be interesting how it works for you, especially in wet or slippery road conditions.

As I mentioned, have not ridden my friends yet with the H&R springs and original style BajaRon bar, but the initial feel standing on the floorboards would lean towards a softer swaybar when using the firmer springs, unless a person were heavy.
    I did not talk to Ron direct. I did talk to another individual and broke down all of my variables, and they still recommended the Ultra versus the standard. MTV equips all his RT's with their massive HD H&R sway bar and H&R springs without issues. We shall see ????
    Last edited by troop; 01-28-2024 at 12:46 PM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Very similar to my Craftsman aluminum moto jack. $100 for a used one seems expensive.

My Craftsman version works well, but requires careful placement when raising the Spyder.
    Well ... They're currently $232 locally with sales tax. This one was bought last spring, when the owner had a H-D Street Glide. He sold the bike last fall and no longer needed the jack. Works perfectly and looks great. Happy I saved $132.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Not too long ago you could get one for $179.00 on sale, those days are gone. A hundred bucks for a gently used one is a good deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Another question regarding the HF lift. If I use the extensions, and place the lift on the lift rail just behind the sway bar channel, will it lift just the front high enough to place 24" jack stands under the control arms? This will keep the rear tire on the ground with a tire chock behind it.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Another question regarding the HF lift. If I use the extensions, and place the lift on the lift rail just behind the sway bar channel, will it lift just the front high enough to place 24" jack stands under the control arms? This will keep the rear tire on the ground with a tire chock behind it.
    I back up on to car ramps first then come in from the front and place the pads evenly on the crossmembers with the center frame centered in between the pads, it only takes a couple of pumps from there to place the jack stands underneath the a -arms. Make sure rear brake is on and wheel is chocked.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-06-2024 at 11:22 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

My problem is that I'm getting antsy. While the roads have too much salt/sand debris on them to ride, the air temps are getting into the upper 40*s. I can be comfortable putzing in the garage. I won't have a truck/ramps available to me for a month or so. Lift, car ramps and jack stands are accessible now. Spring fever the first month of February sucks

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I can hear it calling ya from here Mr Troop.

Got some blocks or something to go with the axle stands for all 3 wheels?
    Horizontal lift worked well, and safe for me as in post #2.

Ya have to think what could possibly go wrong.
    Take ya no time at all.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-06-2024 at 05:05 PM.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

Can't beat that. Good buy.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

I have the harbor freight lift. It is definitely wobbly but I use jack stands as well. I almost went with the ramps but watched a video where the ramp can still get in the way.

Spyder Garage

I may try Cloverhillcrawlers method of putting the rear tire on a auto ramp. I'll then lift the front high enough to place 24" jack stands, remove the OEM sway bar and lower a bit for Ultra bar installment. Then while under there, install a SE front tube bumper and cat delete pipe

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I may try Cloverhillcrawlers method of putting the rear tire on a auto ramp. I'll then lift the front high enough to place 24" jack stands, remove the OEM sway bar and lower a bit for Ultra bar installment. Then while under there, install a SE front tube bumper and cat delete pipe
    I don't put the rear tire on the ramp. I place the car ramps under the rear side of the front wheels so that instead of driving up on them forwards. I back on to them and then lift from the front making sure to use the crossmembers to lift with the center frame centered in between the pad extensions so it lifts evenly .
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-11-2024 at 08:58 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I don't put the rear tire on the ramp. I place the car ramps under the rear side of the front wheels so that instead of driving up on them forwards. I back on to them and then lift from the front making sure to use the crossmembers to lift with the center frame centered in between the pad extensions so it lifts evenly .
    Ahhh.... OK. Yup, I always back up the ramps.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

It will do it. Stabilize the front with jack stands...

IMG_3503.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-08-2024 at 08:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bhbuster View Post
    It will do it. Stabilize the front with jack stands...

IMG_3503.jpg
    That's what I did as well.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-08-2024 at 08:59 PM.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

While that works and I am not saying that it is wrong , it appears that the spyder frame is teetering on one pad until you get the jack stands underneath. I personally cringe while looking at that.

Until the jackstands are underneath the weight of the spyder can roll side to side.

If you back onto some car ramps first you can use the extensions (more height for lifting) and come in from the front on the crossmembers and have two stable contact points on the pads that prevents that roll while you get it on the jackstands.

Make sure the pads are not in contact with the plastic covers in the front and are only in contact with the crossmembers or you can stress the plastic and break it.

I would take some pics to show how to do it but I have the CC somewhat disassembled to get in some winter maint. while the salt is back out on the roads and wrap the cat delete which I did yesterday and have some panels removed to add in a little bit more color.

Its under covers and in back of the garage so the silverado can be inside for the snow tomorrow.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-12-2024 at 01:44 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While that works and I am not saying that it is wrong , it appears that the spyder frame is teetering on one pad until you get the jack stands underneath. I personally cringe while looking at that.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-12-2024 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Be safe, avoid bad mistakes.

No, this is not an aircraft I work on. Just a really bad decision on jacking the aircraft using an electric winch as part of the tail tub, that holds the tail down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxptb3SB5V0

Spyder Garage

Yup. If it goes.... its very fast and heavy. Get me under there....no way.
    Thats why I did the lift in stages and level using blocks and axle stands.
    Going nowhere fast and solid as a rock.

But each to their own I guess. What could possibly go wrong?
    It took as long to swap the bar out as to lift it up there.
    Can only but wonder why its not completed by now.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

Until the jackstands are underneath the weight of the spyder can roll side to side.

If you back onto some car ramps first you can use the extensions (more height for lifting) and come in from the front on the crossmembers and have two stable contact points on the pads that prevents that roll while you get it on the jackstands.

Make sure the pads are not in contact with the plastic covers in the front and are only in contact with the crossmembers or you can stress the plastic and break it.

I would take some pics to show how to do it but I have the CC somewhat disassembled to get in some winter maint. while the salt is back out on the roads and wrap the cat delete which I did yesterday and have some panels removed to add in a little bit more color.

Its under covers and in back of the garage so the silverado can be inside for the snow tomorrow.
    I actually lifted all 3 wheels off the ground, then secured it with the jack stands.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Well.. I did it. Took about 1.45 hours, giving a few breaks to some pesky vertigo. Smooth install. Used clovercrawler method with ramps. It was just slightly wobbly fully raised, but NO way I would have done it without jack stands. Yay 😊
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Congratulation!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!