Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Also took some time to install a SE tubular front bumper. Really tight spaces to get the nylock nuts started, but backing tape on the wrench helped. Next up will be the cat delete, but really need to figure out this vertigo crap
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

So if I get the Ultra Sway Bar, it doesn't need to be lifted up so high to install it? I don't care about saving the stock sway bar, so would it be feasible to cut it in half with with an angle grinder perhaps and then remove it in two pieces, thus negating the need to get the bike 2-3' up in the air?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    So if I get the Ultra Sway Bar, it doesn't need to be lifted up so high to install it? I don't care about saving the stock sway bar, so would it be feasible to cut it in half with with an angle grinder perhaps and then remove it in two pieces, thus negating the need to get the bike 2-3' up in the air?
    I just cut off one end and slid it out.
    2021 RTL , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    Nope .. The Ultra bar will slide in easily from the side or through wheel spokes.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy4810 View Post
    I just cut off one end and slid it out.
    Awesome. That sounds like the ticket. I think I'll order the ultra sway bar just for the ease of installation, and I do ride 2-up a lot as well so it seems like that's the one to get.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Also took some time to install a SE tubular front bumper. Really tight spaces to get the nylock nuts started, but backing tape on the wrench helped. Next up will be the cat delete, but really need to figure out this vertigo crap
    Hey Troop, Google "Epley Maneuver". It has helped me.
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post
    Hey Troop, Google "Epley Maneuver". It has helped me.
    That ^^ does often work well for BPPV, or Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, which is probably the most likely cause for the majority of vertigo sufferers who haven't had any Traumatic Brain Injuries... But sadly, it doesn't work for all of us, & in/with some instances/situations/causes, it can even make the vertigo & nausea, ataxia, etc worse, often taking quite a few months to settle back down if at all, just because it was the wrong thing to do! Do you really need to ask me how I know this?!

So it's important that you get the cause of your vertigo & any other symptoms diagnosed properly by someone trained in the necessary processes & tests, and only if your condition is clearly BPPV should you let anyone (preferably someone appropriately trained & practiced in the technique... ) carry out an Epley Manouvre (or maybe more than one?!) on you!

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-08-2024 at 09:02 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I pulled my 2011 RS onto a set of car ramps and removed the frunk. The instructions on removing the frunk came with the sway bar.