Spyder Garage

Default Anyone know where I can buy 2 sets of Vredestiein Quatrac in Oklahoma City?

Question - does anyone know where I can buy 2 sets of Vredestiein Quatrac for our F3T's, a '16 & '17. If the supplier could mount the tires too, that would be a +.

IMG_20200821_141437291_HDR.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-06-2024 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I buy mine from Tire Rack and have shipped to my home. Local tire store then mounts and balances them.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    I buy mine from Tire Rack and have shipped to my home. Local tire store then mounts and balances them.
    .... If a warehouse NEAR you has them, otherwise they won't ship them .... because they ship for free .... Also try Discount Tire DIRECT, they always have SALES on tires if you buy FOUR of the same brand and size .... good luck .... PS: DO NOT TELL THEM YOU ARE PUTTING THEM ON A SPYDER .... It's a legal issue ....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-07-2024 at 01:24 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... If a warehouse NEAR you has them, otherwise they won't ship them .... because they ship for free .... Also try Discount Tire DIRECT, they always have SALES on tires if you buy FOUR of the same brand and size .... good luck .... PS: DO NOT TELL THEM YOU ARE PUTTING THEM ON A SPYDER .... It's a legal arse covering issue/excuse ....Mike
    Fixed that bit for you Mike.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Fixed that bit for you Mike.
    The whole MC argument is based on the "dark side" of using automotive style tires on a 2-wheel, leaning motorcycle. If I bought tires for the rear of a Harley-Davidson Tri-Glide, would they use the same excuse?
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    The whole MC argument is based on the "dark side" of using automotive style tires on a 2-wheel, leaning motorcycle. If I bought tires for the rear of a Harley-Davidson Tri-Glide, would they use the same excuse?
    The Government is slow in upgrading their specs/qualifications about tires and the compatibility of the wheels.... When the regs were written .... there were NO Mtc's made with wheels that accepted Auto tires ..... So the regs just say NO MTC's can use " auto tires " period ..... However, if you dig into the regs it states that AUTO tires MUST be used on " J " style rims & wheel BEADS .... that's Exactly what our Spyders have (the same for HD Tri-glides) .... Eventually they will catch up - but I'm not holding my breath as to WHEN that will occur ...... Good Luck ... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-07-2024 at 03:20 PM.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

DO NOT TELL THEM YOU ARE PUTTING THEM ON A SPYDER .... It's a legal issue ....Mike
    LOL... I think he is referring to me as I got a call from the Tire rack technical center when I ordered mine and told them what I was putting it on and I got my hand slapped.

I promise I won't tell them what I am doing with my tires from here on out.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramsail View Post
    Question - does anyone know where I can buy 2 sets of Vredestiein Quatrac for our F3T's, a '16 & '17. If the supplier could mount the tires too, that would be a +.

IMG_20200821_141437291_HDR.jpg
    I had my rear tire mounted at the Motorcycle Tire Store at 2300 South Agnew. He was able to balance the rear wheel too, whereas many automotive tire shops can't balance the rear wheels. I don't know if he will remove and reinstall the wheel for you or not, I just R&I the wheel myself. He can probably order the Vredestein for you. I personally ordered mine from Tire Rack.com. Just to remove the old tire from the rim, install the replacement tire, and do the balance was $50, but that was about a year ago.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-08-2024 at 05:44 PM.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I'll will place a order with Tire Rack and have the South Agnew mount them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramsail View Post
    Thanks, I'll will place a order with Tire Rack and have the South Agnew mount them.
    Just a heads up .... I have done 8+ rear tires .... I had the first one balanced (at a Mtc. shop) ..... the other 7+ (better quality auto tires) weren't..... They mounted them using the red/yel. dots as normally prescribed and they all ran fine without needing any weights.... Good Luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-09-2024 at 02:19 AM. Reason: ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Last time I ordered from Tire Rack I checked the box that stated I was not telling them what it's for. I still got a call asking me what it was going on. I told them it was for a custom light weight trailer. He said we have trailer tires for that. I then told him I am currently running these tires on the trailer with great results. He then said ok and shipped them to me.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Government is slow in upgrading their specs/qualifications about tires and the compatibility of the wheels.... When the regs were written .... there were NO Mtc's made with wheels that accepted Auto tires ..... So the regs just say NO MTC's can use " auto tires " period ..... However, if you dig into the regs it states that AUTO tires MUST be used on " J " style rims & wheel BEADS .... that's Exactly what our Spyders have (the same for HD Tri-glides) .... Eventually they will catch up - but I'm not holding my breath as to WHEN that will occur ...... Good Luck ... Mike
    If pressed, tell them it is a custom vehicle with "J" style rims.

I've had tires mounted and balanced at a local Discount Tire in Stillwater, MN. No questions and the manager even thought the bike was cool. I removed and replaced the wheels from the Spyder. They couldn't spin-balance the rear wheel, but I did that with an old-school, static balancing method (similar to what we used to balance huge surface grinding wheels in a mold shop).

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Just a heads up .... I have done 8+ rear tires .... I had the first one balanced (at a Mtc. shop) ..... the other 7+ (better quality auto tires) weren't..... They mounted them using the red/yel. dots as normally prescribed and they all ran fine without needing any weights.... Good Luck .... Mike
    Just as a side note when I had my rear end damage fixed the dealership that fixed it used a 3 0z bag of balance beads on the kenda they put on the rear.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Just as a side note when I had my rear end damage fixed the dealership that fixed it used a 3 0z bag of balance beads on the kenda they put on the rear.
    KENDA tire ...... and Balance Beads ..... That's why I said ....Better Quality AUTO tire ..... the Quality track record for Kenda's is abysmal at best ..... JMHO ( and others ) ....Mike

Spyder Garage

KENDA tire ...... and Balance Beads ..... That's why I said ....Better Quality AUTO tire ..... the Quality track record for Kenda's is abysmal at best ..... JMHO ( and others ) ....Mike
    Didn't have a choice on what PROGRESSIVE would approve for the repair, no worries though.

I'll burn this Kenda up in 6k or less like the original and I can get a Quatrac back on it.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 01-10-2024 at 10:20 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    If pressed, tell them it is a custom vehicle with "J" style rims.

I've had tires mounted and balanced at a local Discount Tire in Stillwater, MN. No questions and the manager even thought the bike was cool. I removed and replaced the wheels from the Spyder. They couldn't spin-balance the rear wheel, but I did that with an old-school, static balancing method (similar to what we used to balance huge surface grinding wheels in a mold shop).

Wayne
    If you have any problem with balancing I suggest you try Ride On balancing and sealant. I put it in my rear tire that I just mounted and it really works great.
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red

Spyder Garage

I used to use Ride On, but I found that if the Spyder sits in one spot too long all the Ride On ends up in the bottom of the tire and it takes 3 to 8 miles (depending on air temperatures) to rebalance resulting in a ride that fells like it will shake the Spyder apart. Decided I didn't like that so I now balance the tires myself using the spin method.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I used to use Ride On, but I found that if the Spyder sits in one spot too long all the Ride On ends up in the bottom of the tire and it takes 3 to 8 miles (depending on air temperatures) to rebalance resulting in a ride that fells like it will shake the Spyder apart. Decided I didn't like that so I now balance the tires myself using the spin method.
    Yup ... That! Living in Wisconsin, my Spyder sits months in a unheated garage. My inaugural spring ride is likely only in the 40*s. Ride On takes FOREVER to warm up and disperse. I'll avoid highways until that is accomplished.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue