Spyder Garage

Question Lift Jacks Revisited - what's a viable lift jack to SAFELY raise a Spyder?

Firstly, I searched and read a lot of posts, but most are years old, out dated with links, models no longer being made and pricing information that is just not viable in 2024.

So in 2024 (or 2023 ) what's a viable lift jack to SAFELY raise and support the Spyder F3 that is cost effective? I'm looking to use it maybe a few times every year in conjunction with jack stands for safety. This old back of mine is done crawling on concrete and oil changes, brakes etc. will be simpler several inches off the ground.

With many options from the places such as Harbor Freight and now even Amazon among others there is a lot to consider. I don't want to assume if they look the same they perform the same. I'm looking for something that will slide under the Spyder frame easily and doesn't take up a lot of space in my small garage.

Anyone recently got a new lift or use a currently available lift willing to share some thoughts or advise (good or bad) ?

Harbor Freight
    https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ift-60536.html
    https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ift-63397.html

Amazon
    http://rb.gy/tr1lwh
    http://rb.gy/4rk1af
    http://rb.gy/5hz7iy

And there are many more very similar!
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

I have some blocks / props I place under each of the 3 tyres or front sub-frame to give it some stability after the lift.
    Bit of piece of mind it wont topple off and land on me when im wrenching.
    All sitting on a carpet off cut so its more comfortable in my aged bony bits.
    Almost any ATV type lift will raise it. Then prop it.

If I simply want to raise 1 end I use a simple bottle jack and some folding wheel chocks.
    2 chocks in a box and I got 2 sets.

ATTACH=CONFIG]206400[/ATTACH] w c 2 20231117_152035.jpg W C 6 20.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Isopedella; 01-03-2024 at 12:17 PM.
    2017 F3 Ltd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post
    I have some blocks / props I place under each of the 3 tyres or front sub-frame to give it some stability after the lift.
    Bit of piece of mind it wont topple off and land on me when im wrenching.
    All sitting on a carpet off cut so its more comfortable in my aged bony bits.
    Almost any ATV type lift will raise it. Then prop it.

If I simply want to raise 1 end I use a simple bottle jack and some folding wheel chocks.

w c 520231117_152525.jpg w c 2 20231117_152035.jpg W C 6 20.jpg

I hear you loud and clear. My first purchase from amazon for working on the Spyder:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00076SPZO...t_details&th=1
    Last edited by broderp; 01-03-2024 at 03:01 PM.
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the HF $229 jack. It's sturdier than the cheaper HF model and supports my RT with no problems.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I currently have the 63397 lift listed above. Without the extensions, I had enough clearance to fashion a lifting plate made from 3/4" plywood to provide a larger, more stable lifting surface. With this, I can raise the Spyder to a height of 17" and place my jackstands with the Harbor Freight Rubber jackstand caps under 3 points for a stable lift and remove the jack. Stable enough that I can mount and sit on the seat to do whatever I need to do without any issues. Hope this helps. I can send pictures if requested.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-03-2024 at 06:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have the HF PITTSBURGH AUTOMOTIVE 1500 lb. Steel ATV/Motorcycle Lift for $139 USD and it's lifted 2013 RTL's, 2018 RTL's, 2022 RTL's, 2019 F3, and others. I've had to create a wood platform to sit on top of the rails to lift any of them up high enough to do a Baja Ron sway bar. But mine is now 7 years old and has needed very little maintenance. Save your money for the farkles.
    Spyder lift with extension pad.jpg
    Last edited by DGoebel; 01-03-2024 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added photo
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by broderp View Post
    Firstly, I searched and read a lot of posts, but most are years old, out dated with links, models no longer being made and pricing information that is just not viable in 2024.

And there are many more very similar!
    I will be doing all of my own service work, and maintenance.
    The only thing I'll have done for me is any applicable modules and software updates, and catastrophic.
    So I purchased the Big Blue Motorcycle Lift with the 2020 and up RT/LTD lift bracket.
    The lift maximum height is 30".
    It is safe to keep the bike on the lift whilst tires/wheels are removed.
    I intend to keep this bike a good 15 years (God willing I live that long)
    $875.00 delivered to U.S. addresses.

https://us.on-bike.com/motorcycle-li...der-trike-lift
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-03-2024 at 06:37 PM.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    I have the HF $229 jack. It's sturdier than the cheaper HF model and supports my RT with no problems.
    I have this one as well and it works great with my F3.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 01-03-2024 at 07:21 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoatFixx View Post
    I will be doing all of my own service work, and maintenance.
    The only thing I'll have done for me is any applicable modules and software updates, and catastrophic.
    So I purchased the Big Blue Motorcycle Lift with the 2020 and up RT/LTD lift bracket.
    The lift maximum height is 30".
    It is safe to keep the bike on the lift whilst tires/wheels are removed.
    I intend to keep this bike a good 15 years (God willing I live that long)
    $875.00 delivered to U.S. addresses.

https://us.on-bike.com/motorcycle-li...der-trike-lift
    +1 on Big Blue.
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dvjohns View Post
    I currently have the 63397 lift listed above. Without the extensions, I had enough clearance to fashion a lifting plate made from 3/4" plywood to provide a larger, more stable lifting surface. With this, I can raise the Spyder to a height of 17" and place my jackstands with the Harbor Freight Rubber jackstand caps under 3 points for a stable lift and remove the jack. Stable enough that I can mount and sit on the seat to do whatever I need to do without any issues. Hope this helps. I can send pictures if requested.
    I have the same one and I just back up onto a set of car ramps with the front wheels and I only have to lift a couple of inches to place it on the stands.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

https://www.advantagelifts.com/produ...ngle-post-lift

I'm seriously looking @ this for my new garage/workshop

Al in Kazoo
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-04-2024 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Removed Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Wow that is a lot of money. Are you planning on opening up a shop?

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

I also have big blue. Yep it is higher cost, but bought mounts for both my RTL and F3T and it is rock solid!
    My only concern is safety when under my bikes…can’t tell my kids I saved $500 buying a jack when they are looking at me in the funeral home…just sayin
    2022 RTL , Silver

Spyder Garage

Another shout-out for the Big Blue. What I do not think has been mentioned is that you can buy adaptors that allow you to work on various bikes. I first purchased mine for my 1800 Gold Wing, then got the fittings for my Triumph Rocket Three, and then for my RT. Try and do that with a Harbour Freight lift.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2024 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Moved Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

I have a friend with a four post lift, and he made 4 fillers panels that fill in the center area. Yesterday I prep'd the machine at home to the point of removing the sway bar and drove to the friends place a short distance away. He removed the far end panel and I drove my second Spyder in on it until the front wheel were spanning the open area. Raised it up about about four feet, remove the finger tight nut and bolt on one enc and pulled out the OEM sway bar and slid the BajaRon one in place. Put the bolt/nut back on the bar on one end and drove back to my place and finished the install.

I do my oil changes on blocks I drive up on. I will be 80 this year, but still enjoy doing my own work! The original owner of the new to we 2018 had a Ridenow store install a new battery, oil and filter and an inspection to the tune of 666 dollars in October. I can do a lot of crawling on concrete carport for that kind of money.

Note: Also I changed out the battery maintainer leads to long wires to reach out to the grill area behind the left front tire, and in doing that found the battery cables bolts not tightened very tight. I put star washers on bolt terminals and made sure they were tight. Seem that it is hard to find anyone that does good work anymore.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I have the Craftsman Model 50191 Aluminum Motorcycle/ATV jack, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP16Ds0AdYY, that I selected instead of a HF lift because the one my son owns has a very uneven, jerky release valve that makes lowering the Spyder a risky maneuver IMO. It cost $204 when I purchased in in 2018 but appears to be out of stock at most internet sites I've checked today.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S