Spyder Garage

Default New Year's Day Ride

Happy New Year Spyderlovers! Here in the mid Atlantic it was a decent enough day (47 degrees and cloudy) to get in my traditional New Year's Day ride. I participated with my club (Buffalo Soldiers MC) in a local, small town, New Year's Day parade. The kids and adults love seeing the motorcycles along with the fire trucks and custom cars. It was a short parade and my total ride today was only about 50 miles. But any day I can get out and ride is a good day. The first day of the year makes it even more special! Here's to keeping the wheels ready for that unusually warm enough day, whenever it comes!
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

Got 84 miles logged today in two separate rides today.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

I wasn't gonna let the flu keep me from getting a ride done on the first day of the year. I hear Capricorns are like that.....
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

US Spyder Ryders - Long Island did their annual New Year's Day/Polar Bear ride. This year the weather was so warm there were no polar bears

2024-01-01 Polar bear ride.jpg
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

Mid thirties with light rain/snow mix in my part of Ohio. SWMBO decided not to tag along this year so I took the Burgman rather than the Spyder, but I did get in 25 miles or so. I had planned a longer route, but some of the bridges on the county roads were getting slippery.

new years day.jpg
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

The Burgman looks like a 650....is that true? Before I became a 3 wheeler, I owned, over time, several Burgman 400's and 650's. Fantastic machines.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    The Burgman looks like a 650....is that true? Before I became a 3 wheeler, I owned, over time, several Burgman 400's and 650's. Fantastic machines.
    It is a 2008 400 that I recently bought for a good price. It had 9000 miles on it and had been pampered by the previous owner. I did a complete fluids and filter change and also replaced the drive belt and some other wearable items mostly because of age. I put 3000 miles on it in two months and that includes two lengthy rides. One to Maggie Valley from Ohio. I have several riding buddies that have Burgmans so I thought for this price I would give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised and like it a lot and plan on using it for my solo touring mount. I looked at and rode a 650, but it was almost as heavy as some touring rigs I have owned. I don't want heavy anymore. For two up travel I have my Spyder RT and sure don't need a two wheeled Honda Accord for my solo mount these days, especially with all the storage space on the Burgman. I have owned a Honda 250 Reflex which was a nice machine and a Yamaha 500 T-Max which was just plain fast and a great handling scooter. I liked the Yamaha a lot, but got stupid and sold it.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
    Last edited by Navydad; 01-03-2024 at 12:48 PM.
    2015 RT , Black