Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just type in "motorcycle android auto" on Amazon and many options will come up. Some even have dual dashcams and tire monitoring.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post
    Looks great Joel. How did you power it up?
    Mine is powered through an axillary fuse box from big bike parts.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

I would like to find one that just does Android Auto and does it WELL. I don't need front and rear cameras (I have that), all the fancy trip stuff and other features I already have or don't need.

I want installing to be easy, just power. All GPS and stuff is internal to the device. No one seems to make such a device that is ruggedized for motorcycles.

Chigee A10-Lite looks nice but I can't help to think that a portion of the price is driven by the feature set. I'm also Leary about longevity and support of such items coming from over seas.

Just my 2 cents...
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

Have you or anyone else been able to get the CarPlay unit to play thru the bikes speakers? I want to be able to hear it on the bike speakers for local riding without a helmet as well as thru my Sena helmet communications for long distance rides.

thanks
    Last edited by campermac; 01-23-2024 at 04:08 AM.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    If you are considering a GPS with Apple Car Play, or Android Auto and Dash Cams etc there is a motorcycle unit that combine’s all of those functions
    Chigee A10-Lite
    See https://www.chigee.com/products/aio5-lite

Here is a video showing all the features available :-

https://youtu.be/wgRX5MFF_g0?si=aDZQ9kKMJfe8FPh7

There are several other Video’s/Reviews on you tube
    Now this is something I may be interested in.

Spyder Garage

I am definitely interested in it and getting rid of my Garmin unit because Waze is a whole lot better, but I only want to install one if it is possible to have it play thru the bikes speakers as well as the helmet heat set.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    I am definitely interested in it and getting rid of my Garmin unit because Waze is a whole lot better, but I only want to install one if it is possible to have it play thru the bikes speakers as well as the helmet heat set.
    I opted for a less expensive unit from Amazon. It is not waterproof but I can easily put a plastic bag over it if I get caught in the rain. I wanted a 7” screen. My phone is Bluetooth connected to the Spyder using brpconnect. My helmet is also BT connected to the Spyder. I do not use BRP GO. Music/gps and will play through the bike speakers or helmet - depending on what I select on the console.
    2022 RT-L , Silver

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Friends...we need to keep in mind some forum awareness, on just how confusing this topic is becoming. All because of the word "CarPlay".

This particular thread is about, and has always been about, an aftermarket product that you can add to any motorcycle, scooter, or maybe even lawn tractor if you so desired. It has nothing to do with the CarPlay system incorporated into the new 2024 Spyder display.

So, any posts about when the touch-screen is enabled / disabled, or about BUDS2 updates that are specific to the 2024 BRP Spyder system are not relevant to this thread and are only adding to the confusion.

How about this - if you have some specific info on the 2024 Spyder CarPlay system from BRP, let's start a new thread solely aimed at that subject. And maybe, the Mods might even decide to create a new forum for it. You never know. They did that for BUDS.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 02-14-2024 at 07:12 PM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238