Spyder Garage

Default Will this Polaris Rear Cargo interior light work in my Spyder?

I have a light that is plugged into my cigarette lighter port and twice now I've run my battery down by not turning it off.

I saw this light that wires to the port and is controlled with a mercury switch, but it's actually for a Polaris. Can anyone tell me if it will work for the Spyder? It seems to me like it would.

https://www.slingmods.com/polaris-sl...-box-light-kit
    2013 RT Ltd , White with a wrap

Spyder Garage

Why waste 40 bucks when you can simply ensure that the Right Fuse Box has a 10 amp fuse in the Fuse #6 slot and no fuse in the Fuse #7 slot. See pg 153 of your Operator's Guide.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I've already switched the fuses so that the power is always on in that port. Is that what you're talking about? I have a light that I plug in there, and twice now I've forgotten to turn it off and run down my battery.
    2013 RT Ltd , White with a wrap

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chebber View Post
    I've already switched the fuses so that the power is always on in that port. Is that what you're talking about? I have a light that I plug in there, and twice now I've forgotten to turn it off and run down my battery.
    Yeah, that’s what he was talking about. On the 2012 I had, I liked mine always hot, too. A very convenient place to plug in the battery maintainer. Plus, you couldn’t switch fuses on that year, anyway.

To focus on your question, there’s no electrical reason why that light won’t work, as long as you can get it all hooked up and mounted. Seems like a cool idea, but the reviews are mixed.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 12-31-2023 at 11:53 AM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chebber View Post
    I know you have already bought the light ..... and I thought about doing something similar for my 14 RT , however I realized the light would ONLY light one area. So instead I bought a small LED light ( $ 5.00 on E-bay ) that is battery powered and held on the side ( or top ) in the trunk by magnets. I pop-riveted a small piece of sheet metal, to side of the trunk & that where it stays unless I need a strong light elsewhere .... just a different solution .... PS I have changed the batteries only three times since 2014 .....Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 12-31-2023 at 12:37 PM.