Spyder Garage

Default Replacing the front (cadre) 705009339 on a 22 F3S

This is the front trim piece that fits over and holds the grill in place. Even though my machine is Mango Green this piece of plastic is black and costs about $80 Cdn.

I touched a curb pulling into a restaurant in Sandpoint, heard a crunch and discovered I needed some duct tape to hold my lowest part of the airdam in place. I drove the spyder up onto some car ramps so that it was easy to work on but you can do it with the front end at ground level.

The complete grill assembly comes off with 4 #25 Torx bolts, 2 per side (one near the top and bottom on the right and the same on the left at the front of the grill). If it doesn't fall out pull towards yourself and it will.

Place the new trim piece next to the old one and take a picture if you like of the 12 slip on fasteners on the back side (screen side) of the grill. I removed the fasteners with no damage by gently prying them off with a 1" wide gasket scrapping tool. Save all the fasteners including the two that look like push in connectors noting the orientation of these. When all the fasteners have been removed you will notice the screen comes off the back, the plastic grill that the screen is attached to comes off the front and I had a black trim cross piece near the top that comes off and out the front. Replace the parts in reverse order into the new trim piece. Put a bit of lock tite on the four torx bolts, carefully position the grill into place and install the torx bolts very loosely so that you can get all four started. Gently push on the grill as you tighten the screws until the grill is back in place and the 4 bolts are snug.

Sit back and enjoy a "cool one" as your Spyder has a new smile.

I attached a picture of the broken piece for clarity: you can see the break on the bottom left where the duct tape is and you can see where the Torx bolts go through the grill and this piece to secure it to the machine. The slots are where the screen/or plastic grill align with this piece and the clips at the back hold it all together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AndysF3S; 12-16-2023 at 12:09 PM. Reason: picture