Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RS SE5 with error codes P0991 & C1282 - any ideas?

Hi everyone, I'm Oscar Olmi and I'm writing from Italy, I would kindly need some advice:
    I own a Can Am Spyder RS 2010 bought in July 2023 with 10,000km, the bike presents me with 2 problems,
    1 - "Check Brake fault" and it was the brake oil pressure, bled the calipers and ABS, now it brakes very well, checked the sensors on the brake pump and they are ok (STOP sensor switch and SWITCH sensor/low pressure brake pedal), but error persists.
    2 - when cold the motorbike gives me the "check transmission" error, I state that the motorbike works correctly, when hot the transmission problem disappears, I had the dealer check it and they changed the SE5 hydraulic transmission crankcase and blipper sensor and for a while over time the transmission problem no longer occurred.... now with winter temperatures it returns.

Checking errors stored with a manual procedure I found the following: P0991 C1282 on the motorcycle display.
    Does anyone have any ideas before you think about reselling the bike?? I would be very sorry because it's very funny.
    Thank you
    Olmi Oscar
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-14-2023 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Modified title to briefly ask the question/s... + Rule 1 compliance... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oscarolmi1966 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm Oscar Olmi and I'm writing from Italy, I would kindly need some advice:
    I own a Can Am Spyder RS 2010 bought in July 2023 with 10,000km, the bike presents me with 2 problems,
    1 - "Check Brake fault" and it was the brake oil pressure, bled the calipers and ABS, now it brakes very well, checked the sensors on the brake pump and they are ok (STOP sensor switch and SWITCH sensor/low pressure brake pedal), but error persists.
    2 - when cold the motorbike gives me the "check transmission" error, I state that the motorbike works correctly, when hot the transmission problem disappears, I had the dealer check it and they changed the SE5 hydraulic transmission crankcase and blipper sensor and for a while over time the transmission problem no longer occurred.... now with winter temperatures it returns.

Checking errors stored with a manual procedure I found the following: P0991 C1282 on the motorcycle display.
    Does anyone have any ideas before you think about reselling the bike?? I would be very sorry because it's very funny.
    Thank you
    Olmi Oscar
    IF you think " it brakes very well " add a couple of table-spoons ( one at a time ) of BRAKE fluid .... Spyders are very finicky about the amount in the reservoir
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-14-2023 at 08:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IF you think " it brakes very well " add a couple of table-spoons ( one at a time ) of BRAKE fluid .... Spyders are very finicky about the amount in the reservoir
    Brake oil level in 2 tanks is at the maximum level, above that it comes out, oil floats in the brakes ok, brake oil tank sensors working ok, low brake pedal pressure limit switch sensor ok, front brake pads 70%, new rear brake pads, ABS bleeds done bleeds on the front calipers and rear caliper ok. Before the brake bleeds the pedal was spongy, after the bleeds it no longer reaches the bottom and the bike brakes more than before

Spyder Garage

See this thread for brake issue

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...arning-Message

Press VERY hard on pedal.

P0991 Trans Fluid Press Sensor/Switch -

but you say:the dealer check it and they changed the SE5 hydraulic transmission crankcase and blipper sensor

I don't know how that relates to Trans Fluid Press Sensor/Switch. It may need further checking by someone smarter than that individual.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-14-2023 at 08:12 PM.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Try it, what do you have to loose.
    2012 RTL , Pearl