Spyder Garage

Default Cruise Control Button

Mine came off today while riding interstate so there was no chance of finding it. I use the cruise a lot and can still set it, depending on thickness of glove as two small "prongs" stick out. If anyone happens to have a wrecked RT (I believe any year since at least '14 will fit) and wants to part out that small button (it pulls off easily with flat screwdriver slipped in behind it) I'd be happy to buy it.

Bike is still under warranty and will have the dealer check it out shortly, but looking at the fiche it appears that the whole right hand switch unit will have to be replaced. My experience with BRP orders lately is they take a LONG time.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Juuust on the off chance they could help, you might try sending FrogmanDave &/or TCBoone a PM to see if there's a 3D printed option available that might be an 'easier to source' solution...

Check out the thread below to see the replacement indicator button (you lot probably refer to those as 'blinkers', but they are more correctly termed 'indicators', cos they're meant to indicate what you're about to do, not 'blink' while you're doing it!! ) and the extension tabs for the flappy paddle + & - pads:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ovement!/page6
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

FrogManDave hooked me up earlier this year, works great and easier for me to cancel when it doesn't do it automatically.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

The first poster needs a cruise control button. The second and third poster are talking about a directional button. Am I missing something ??

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    The first poster needs a cruise control button. The second and third poster are talking about a directional button. Am I missing something ??

johnv
    Yep. You're missing the fact that while those 'directional buttons' were 3D printed by a Forum member as larger/easier to use/safer replacements for the OEM Turn Signal buttons, they do work & attach in a very similar manner to the Cruise Control button, and I believe there's been at least one replacement Cruise Control button printed for someone...

So in my post (#2 above) I suggested that the OP here, ulflyer, might want to contact one of those members "Juuust on the off chance they could help..." source a replacement Cruise Control button - not an OEM button, but a 3D printed alternative.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

A replacement for the cruise control switch/button has not been designed/manufactured and there are no plans to do so in the future. Thank you for the mention guys.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Went to dealer today and they are going to replace the right hand switch unit. Since that unit is being replaced I added a bit of JBWeld to the prongs to make it easier to turn on.

Thanks all for the feedback and happy holidays.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Good to hear you got a solution, but if you are now no longer looking to buy a Cruise Control button Ulf, could you please finalise the thread and mark it SOLD as per the directions in the Sticky?

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...sub-forum-****

Yeah, I know it might not strictly be 'SOLD', but that's the only label we've got that lets you both Close & Mark the Thread as no longer needed, FS:, or WTB:, so that's the one you need to use!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!