Spyder Garage

Default Another battery thread....need specific part # and lithium battery suggested

Hello

My bike is dead in the garage and want to try lithium battery...does anyone have specific brand/part # and best place to order battery online? A link would be great.

Im assuming around $180 for the battery.

Bike is 2013 Sypder ST-S 5 speed manual. Has Yuusa battery in it now that I put in about 2.5 years ago. Kept in on battery tender and it still died on the battery tender.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

I got my last two battery's from Lamonster Garage. You may want to go to his site and check them out. This last one's a Lithium! Haven't had it long enough to judge the outcome, it was light as a feather compared to the AGM I had before. Good luck Make sure your charger or maintainer is lithium compatible or you're going to have to get one of those also.
    Last edited by Mikey; 12-12-2023 at 04:21 PM.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

NOCO NLP20 is what I put in my 2015 F3s, not sure if your ST-S uses the same size, I got lucky and found it on ebay for less than $90, so far it's been great
    2015 F3-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

The Shorai battery I installed in our 2014 RTS came with very specific voltage checks to ensure the battery would charge correctly from the 1330cc engines 100 amp alternator.
    Since the early V Twin engines did not have alternators, but utilized a more basic, less output type magneto style generator, probably best to ensure the Spyders charging system has correct output to keep the battery properly charged and maintained during use.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3Tyme View Post
    NOCO NLP20 is what I put in my 2015 F3s, not sure if your ST-S uses the same size, I got lucky and found it on ebay for less than $90, so far it's been great
    You did well. I found one on EBAY for $161.00

Nevertheless, I bought mine from Lamonster:

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/12v-...-nlp20-600cca/

His sale price was only a few dollars more than the EBAY find and I think it's most important to support first adopters like him, otherwise how would the rest of us know what to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevnv View Post
    Hello

My bike is dead in the garage and want to try lithium battery...does anyone have specific brand/part # and best place to order battery online? A link would be great.
    Im assuming around $180 for the battery.
    Bike is 2013 Sypder ST-S 5 speed manual. Has Yuusa battery in it now that I put in about 2.5 years ago. Kept in on battery tender and it still died on the battery tender.

Thanks
    From Lamonster's site, he does not list a lithium battery for your vehicle. You might want to give them a call. It may be an oversight on their part, or perhaps the charging system on the STS isn't capable of handling a lithium battery.
    https://lamonstergarage.com/battery-2/

I had a Deltran Battery Tender. It was old enough that it didn't have a selector to choose the battery chemistry.
    I bought a new one from Walmart where you can choose Lead/Acid or Lithium:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Battery-T...rger/460452900

I hope this is helpful. As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.

P.S. I'm glad I won't have to change that damned battery for 10 more years. Whoever invented that battery hold down latch should be forced to change every Spyder battery until the crack of doom.
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 12-13-2023 at 09:28 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey