Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Went To Buc-ee's in Atlanta!

OK, so I've lived a sheltered life. I'd never been to a Buc-ee's before. I've heard of them. But seeing is believing! I was impressed!

A buddy and his wife went to Panama City, Florida to their timeshare on the beach. But their F-350 gave them trouble and was barely running when they arrived. Jake attempted a fix and made it worse to where it wouldn't even start. Daniel and I decided to go get them with my truck and trailer. We left Tuesday evening a little after 9pm. On the way down we stopped at Buc-ee's in Atlanta. Their diesel was $3.69.9. Across the street at Pilot it was $4.14.9. Wow! We did see diesel for $3.39.9 at one place on the trip. But, of course, I didn't need it then.

Buc-ee's is incredible! At 2am, it was pretty much deserted, making it appear ridiculously overbuilt. My rough estimate was 120 pumps. And that's exactly how many are there. With maybe 6 vehicles getting fuel, it looked pretty unprofitable. And it's the first time I've driven through Atlanta at the posted speed limit. That was also a great blessing!

Inside is huge just like the outside. We got a BBQ sandwich and some candied nuts. The place has everything. It's pretty crazy!

On the way back, we went through at about 6pm and Buc-ee's was packed! Most of the fuel pumps had vehicles in them. And customers were buying tons of stuff inside.

Even the bathrooms were huge, and extremely clean.

If you get the chance. I recommend the experience. Hopefully you have a few minutes to appreciate the place.

I love road trips!

Merry Christmas!

Bucees-1.jpgBucees-2.jpgBucees-3.jpg
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Is that a special traction tire on the BUC-EE'S pickup inside? Hey, it looks like you may be able to sell some of your hats inside.

Spyder Garage

There is now one in Springfield MO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Been to one in Florence SC. Very impressive.

Spyder Garage

Ron, you gotta get you some of them Beaver Nuggets!
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

They'll be breaking ground next spring on one about 25 miles from my house. I hear they're pretty cool..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Ron, you gotta get you some of them Beaver Nuggets!
    I don't think I saw them. I wanted to buy quite a few food items there. Their sandwiches looked delicious!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post

And it's the first time I've driven through Atlanta at the posted speed limit.
    I find this to be the most surprising portion of your post!
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Spyder Garage

I haven't had the pleasure yet, but my wife has. There is one on Interstate 75 near Richmond, Kentucky and she stopped in the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was a packed house with a line at the pumps. She told me it was an experience that I had to have. It's on my list for a ride.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have two of them near me when I'm in Florida one in Daytona and one in St. Augustine. They are building another one about an hour or so west of me that will be the world's largest according to them in Ocala Fl. with 120 pumps 800 parking spaces 80,000 sq foot store. You can't call it a truck stop because large tractor trailers are not allowed in there. So come to Florida and see a gas station lol.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I agree. In the middle of the night is the best time to drive through Atlanta. And yes, Buc-ee's is a destination.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Intentionally stopped into Buc’ees in Sevierville Tennessee a couple of weeks ago for a fill up and opportunity to see what that and their convenience store was all about. Left there very impressed and with a tasty fresh made BBQ brisket sammich and a few other homemade snacks for the road. What a fantastic gas station idea. The place is absolutely huge and extremely clean. The place was packed with travelers both times we visited. Brought a couple of boxes of delicious fudge home with one as a gift for my neighbor for getting our mail every day while we were gone. I would love to have a location closer to home for sure.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

Each one I stopped at between Tennessee and San Antonio also had 20+ Tesla Superchargers available. This was a great place to shop/eat/explore while charging up!
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Spyder Garage

Yup. Buc-ee's is huge. We have one 3 miles down the road in Daytona. Buc-ee's and "SAMS Club across the street have kept the gas prices down. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Been to two of them. One in Texas City Texas the other in Florida. Food was good and consistent between the two. The Texas one had Non Ethanol fuel at a good price, unsure of Florida because I didnt bother to look. They are building one in MS around Gulfport, I wish they would build one around I-20 outside of Jackson as I would shop there.

2012 Spyder RTS
    2012 RT-S , BajaRon's plugs and wires 1" spacer Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So true, Poppie, so true.

Spyder Garage

Buc-ee's is almost its own religion here in Texas. Not one anywhere near me, but when we travel, and have the opportunity, we most definitely stop for gas and browsing. Problem is, unless you only get gas, and don't go inside, you will absolutely buy stuff that you never knew you needed. But it is fun!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by computek View Post
    Been to two of them. One in Texas City Texas the other in Florida. Food was good and consistent between the two. The Texas one had Non Ethanol fuel at a good price, unsure of Florida because I didnt bother to look. They are building one in MS around Gulfport, I wish they would build one around I-20 outside of Jackson as I would shop there.
    The closest one to us is off I10 at the Loxley AL exit. Doubt there will be one in the Jackson area for a while since QT just did the Clinton and much larger Pearl locations.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I never have been to a Buc-ee's. Heard a lot about them - all good. Have driven by the Buc-ee's around New Braunfels, TX on I-35 several times but never had time to stop. They are planning on building one on my side of the Texas Hill Country down by Boerne off of I-10 & 87. It was announced in 2016... the most recent news I have read is it is still in the works and expects to be open by October 2025.. hhmm... we shall see..
    Last edited by Pooch; 12-11-2023 at 11:04 AM.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    I have two of them near me when I'm in Florida one in Daytona and one in St. Augustine. They are building another one about an hour or so west of me that will be the world's largest according to them in Ocala Fl. with 120 pumps 800 parking spaces 80,000 sq foot store. You can't call it a truck stop because large tractor trailers are not allowed in there. So come to Florida and see a gas station lol.
    No Buc-ees anywhere near me, but I'm surprised they don't allow 18-wheelers. I never figured on that.

The more you know...
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

No Buc-ees in Utah or anywhere out west that I have seen. Our big ones are Maverick and Flying J and once in a while a Love's. I really like Maverick, their food isn't too bad, and the restrooms are clean.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

They are trying to get permission to put one in Burlington, NC (about 45 minutes from me). They had a meeting last night and had a lot of people for it, but some locals against it. They tried it one town over about 20 years ago and failed to get approval. I am thinking that this time it will pass. I drove past one in either West Virginia or Kentucky when I was doing my iron butt back in February of last year. At that time I didn't know anything about them and didn't need gas, so we didn't stop. Now I wish we had taken time out to look around.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RideOn View Post
    No Buc-ees anywhere near me, but I'm surprised they don't allow 18-wheelers. I never figured on that.

The more you know...
    They make a big deal out of their 'No 18-Wheelers' policy. Not completely sure of that angle. But it seems to be working incredibly well for them. It's amazing to see the place filled to the gills on a daily basis.

Spyder Garage

Gotta try the brisket sandwich!! It's super...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman2018 View Post
    Gotta try the brisket sandwich!! It's super...
    That's exactly what I had! Excellent! Highly recommended. They make them fresh, right there in front of you. No pre-packaged, frozen and thawed deal there. I should have gotten 2!