Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Yah I'll bet that was HARD to let him go that way,, I mean all with-in a days tme,, I'll bet Alex was happy to get his future on the way and pretty excited no dought but that don't make it any easier on Mom I'm sure,,, but I can only imagine how hard it was to let him go so fast,, I am sure he will make you very proud as does your other boys.. My prays will go out to him and I won't forget to say a bit for Mom as well.. I hope she gets to feeling better, Man its gotta be hard brother... Hang in there and you'll hear from him before you know it..

Best of Luck Alex and Family and God be with you..

Joe

Spyder Garage

I loved spending time with Chris and Alex and you back in Sept. You are all in my prayers, as well as your other two sons. I pray for protection for your boys, and comfort for each of you as you miss being with the others. I also pray for direction and prosperity in the job decisions that your boys make as they go forward in service for our country. May the Lord Jesus always watch over each and every one of you.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

I met Alex at your BBQ - what a great kid! You guys must be so proud of him! But Gosh, that's gotta be tough - no notice but you did the right thing - it is important to him and it's what he wants. I'll keep him in my prayers with all the other sons and daughters out there who are keeping our country what it is meant to be - land of the Free and the Brave. You and Chris are in my prayers too

Way2Fast

I wish your sons the best. War is Hell and those who join up to serve are a special breed. They will be in my prayers along with all those who serve. Lets also pray that the government doesn't turn their back on todays brave soldiers like they did on Vets from previous conflics.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

I for one will not let our gov't turn their backs on these guys. I think there are enough of us out there who won't let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Fast View Post
    I wish your sons the best. War is Hell and those who join up to serve are a special breed. They will be in my prayers along with all those who serve. Lets also pray that the government doesn't turn their back on todays brave soldiers like they did on Vets from previous conflics.

RT-S PE#0256 SyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Lamont,

You must be very proud! That's amazing, 3 kids serving our country! God bless them and your entire family!

Mad Matt

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations to Alex, as this is a huge opportunity and a great bonus is awaiting once he completes training. My thoughts and prayers will be with your entire family during these holiday times, and until they come back home safely. I thank you and Chris for letting them go into the service of our country, that is a very noble thing that many parents will fight against their children about.

Having served in the Marines for 10 years, one thing I can definitely tell you is Alex chose wisely as it is a "Great Way of Life". As far as your other 2 sons, they now know "They Were Never Promised A Rose Garden".

Spyder Garage

Lamont, a military mother sent me this prayer. I thought I'd share it with you and your incredible family.

A Prayer for Families of Our Troops

Father, may the families of our military personnel—their spouses, children, and parents—cast all their cares and burdens upon You. Instead of being worried or filled with anxiety, may they pray about everything that concerns them and everything that concerns their childs’ life and deployment. Then cause Your peace, which surpasses all understanding, to guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Grant all our military troops this same peace, and let them feel the love we have for them even though we are far apart.

And don't forget this promise!

Your goodness is so great!
    You have stored up great blessings
    for those who honor you.
    You have done so much for those who come to You for protection, blessing them before the watching world.
    You hide them in the shelter of Your presence, safe from those who conspire against them. …
    So be strong and take courage, all you who put your hope in the Lord.
    —Psalm 31:19-20, 24

Your friend, Chuck

Spyder Garage

our prayers are with you all, say thanks to your boys.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Go with God!

Our prayers and best wishes go out to you all!

Good luck son...

You have a great family,and thanks for serving.

2faston3

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    I for one will not let our gov't turn their backs on these guys. I think there are enough of us out there who won't let that happen.
    All of your Sons are in my book

RT-S PE#0134
    Spyder Garage

Lamont--You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.....

Glynnk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ya know it is things like this that make me really think that all of the problems and complaints about the sypder and BRP really are not all that important now are they. it is funny how things like this help you to reconsider priorities. God bless and remember that there is nothing more noble then to serve your fellow man (of person if you want me to be PC).

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Nothing more to say, than what has been said by all.

AMEN

Spyder Garage

It's all been said above, so I'd like to add my prayers and good wishes to you and your wife and especially to your brave young sons.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    I had a great time talking with Alex at the BBQ. He struck me as a focused kid, and I know he's been waiting for this opportunity. Sucks for you and Chris that it happened so quickly, but I think he was ready......So good luck to Alex, please give him our best wishes in his efforts, and our thanks for his service.......
    God bless you and all your family

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Lamont,

May God's Grace cover you and yours. And, thank you for your sacrifice.

Best wishes from the left coast,

Tripod

Spyder Garage

We didn't even get to say good bye! But I'm happy for and proud of Alex. He's been working hard to get this position and I know he'll give it 100% effort.

I think he's going to make it. But even if he doesn't he'll do well in whatever he decides to go for.

Hope he keeps in touch.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default You never know what a day will bring . . .

. . . besides change.

It is a bittersweet time you and your wife are going through. Pride & accomplishment mixed with concern & loss.

Times like this can enrich your memories of the past and brighten your hopes for the future times you can spend with your sons - every moment, a blessing.

The best, to you all.

Tom

Spyder Garage

Congradulations to Chris and you Lamont. You have raised three fine boys.
    You, Chris and the boys will be in our prayers.
    Ron & Sandy

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Just stay strong and be proud...Good luck to you both!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

God bless you both and your boys!

3WD

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Parents and military children

I know what your going through. I only had one child and he servied our country for 12 years, mostly overseas. In all those years he was only around for the holidays 2 years and he's not going to be with us again. Yes, it does stink, but as a parent we couldn't be prouder of our children and to make those sacrifices it's confirms, at least this is how I feel, we as parents did a great job raising our children. Sometimes I think people forget the sacrifices us parents go through with our children when they are gone during these times because you just never know what's around the next corner. My prayers go out to you, your wife and all the military parents all year long. I miss my son dearly and have missed a lot of years of quality time with him, but parenthood and sacrifice goes hand in hand. Fill your heart with love, surround yourself with loved ones and let God into your heart and everything will be fine.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Prayers are with you and your wife & all your kids~ hard to let them go, but I'm thankful they are willing to serve! Prayers are with all of your kids!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My thoughts and prayers to Alex, Chris, your other boys, and you. Even thought we are about the same age, I am just starting out with my two boys (9 & 7). Your boys are keeping us safe; maybe one day, my boys will be able to return the favor.

God bless your family,

David