Thread: Day of Infamy

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Day of Infamy

Let us NEVER forget .....( Pearl Harbor - 12/7 ) sending ......... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 12-07-2023 at 06:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor would reportedly write in his diary, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As a former Navy guy, I hope to visit the memorial someday. Bucket list.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Thank you BK for the timely reminder.

Let us NEVER forget.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

BK, Thank you for posting this.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Mike thank you very much for this post. My neighbor here in Spring City is the Nephew of Captain Bennion who died trying to save his ship, the USS West Virgina.
    Doug as the son of a Navy man, I have visited this memorial and it is a very solemn event. The sea is not very deep and you can clearly see the Arizona underneath. The bow and the stern are marked with buoys. Also watching the "tears" come up in the form of oil droplets is very moving. My father joined the Navy as a result of that attack and served on several ships including the AV4 Curtiss and was there when it was attacked by Kamikaze in June of 1945 off of Okinawa.
    My Mother lived in Honolulu. She told of being able to see the Japanese planes and into the cockpits and see the pilots as they flew towards our ships. It still scared her and nothing scares my mother.
    I will never forget, but I fear as we get farther away from the event fewer and fewer will remember until it becomes like the Maine. Nobody says "Remember the Maine" anymore or knows the date. Feb 15, 1898

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

It's quite the feeling you get when in 1968 the Naval ship I was on entered Pearl Harbor and over the 1MC came all hands on deck as we were getting ready to pass the USS Arizona. Then, it was attention, yield hand salute, Carry on. That was quite the feeling that comes over you and quite the site of all sailors in their dress whites yielding a hand salute. When we left Pearl Harbor, it was the same.
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-08-2023 at 08:04 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting. I have been to the Memorial a few times. I wanted to take me wife, who is Japanese, to get her perspective. It was very interesting to listen to her and others and the respect that was given to all who had fallen. It is part of history that unfortunately will pass in time and possibly be forgotten, as with a lot of history. This is my opinion only.
    Again, thanks for posting and lets not forget those who sacrificed so much for this great country.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sad how so many have forgotten the sacrifices made through the years that have allowed us the freedoms we now enjoy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Mike thank you very much for this post. My neighbor here in Spring City is the Nephew of Captain Bennion who died trying to save his ship, the USS West Virgina.
    Doug as the son of a Navy man, I have visited this memorial and it is a very solemn event. The sea is not very deep and you can clearly see the Arizona underneath. The bow and the stern are marked with buoys. Also watching the "tears" come up in the form of oil droplets is very moving. My father joined the Navy as a result of that attack and served on several ships including the AV4 Curtiss and was there when it was attacked by Kamikaze in June of 1945 off of Okinawa.
    My Mother lived in Honolulu. She told of being able to see the Japanese planes and into the cockpits and see the pilots as they flew towards our ships. It still scared her and nothing scares my mother.
    I will never forget, but I fear as we get farther away from the event fewer and fewer will remember until it becomes like the Maine. Nobody says "Remember the Maine" anymore or knows the date. Feb 15, 1898
    It is sad that not only have many forgotten. Many don't care. The more we forget, the greater the chance that we will do it all over again.

My dad was on the Midway (CV 41) ... But obviously, after Pearl Harbor.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    It's quite the feeling you get when in 1968 the Naval ship I was on entered Pearl Harbor and over the 1MC came all hands on deck as we were getting ready to pass the USS Arizona. Then, it was attention, yield hand salute, Carry on. That was quite the feeling that comes over you and quite the site of all sailors in their dress whites yielding a hand salute. When we left Pearl Harbor, it was the same.
    Manning the rails while sailing into Pearl Harbor & rendering honors as we passed USS Arizona is one of my most cherished memories. I had that honor back on the late 80's while serving aboard USS Ranger (CV-61) as part of the carrier airwing.

My wife and I vacationed in Hawaii this past summer, which was her first trip there. First thing we put on our agenda was visiting the Arizona memorial and USS Missouri.
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow