Spyder Garage

Default Are the OEM Fog Light connections tied to the Customer Acc Circuits?

Could anyone who has the electrical schematic please let me know if the OEM fog light locations (pigtails that are already installed) are tied to the same fused circuit as the Customer Accessory lines?

I am adding Show Chrome Fog Lights:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084BQBBF3...roduct_details

I bench tested the LED lamps, they each draw right at 2A each. This is a 4A load. This could eat up a lot of the circuit capacity of the Customer Accessory circuit if they indeed share the same fuse. I would need to plan my upgrades carefully as I would not want to exceed 8A total on this circuit. (80% of the max capacity) I checked the Owners manual and its not very conclusive if the circuit is tied to the any of the fused that are designated for lights.

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-05-2023 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

Pull acc fuse & test that way & no F3 to test. Sorry

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I doubt it as they would blow the fuse if we have other accessories connected to the accessory wires.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-06-2023 at 02:53 AM. Reason: the the ... ;-)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Mine not plugged in there. Mine are plugged in to the original wiring harness fog light plug. The bike came without fog lights, but the wiring harness had the wiring for them, which was capped off. Also had everything wired for the plugged hole where the OEM fog light switch would go. All I had to do was change the fuse and plug it up. The fog light kit came with the wiring diagram sheet showing where to find the OEM connections in the wiring harness. I changed the fuse because the kit had an old type glass tube fuse hooked up inline on the power side. I cut that out and soldered in a blade type fuse.

I suggest you call some of the lighting suppliers that advertise on here for a plug and play kit. It simplifies everything. Don't remember which one I got the kit from, but it was one of the advertisers on this forum.

There is a schematic in my Spyder Shop Manual, but that won't help you. Mine is a different year model.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-06-2023 at 07:35 AM. Reason: lighrt... ;-)
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

On the 2021 F3L schematic, the customer acc circuits are on the F6R 10 amp fuse. The fog lights (called Accessory Lights) are on the Accessory RY4R relay.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    On the 2021 F3L schematic, the customer acc circuits are on the F6R 10 amp fuse. The fog lights (called Accessory Lights) are on the Accessory RY4R relay.
    I bought the 2023 Service Manual and concur with what you found. It appears the the Customer Accessory is a parallel circuit controlled thru the LOAD SHEDDING RELAY (RY4R) as you stated. One output of this relay goes thru the dedicated 10A fuse to the three available wire sets for customer add-ons while the other feeds the relay RY4L so supply power to the fog lights. This same Load Shedding Relay also provides power to the Heated Grips and a connection point called "DC78", whatever this is.

So in laymen's terms, the two are separate. This is good news.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-11-2023 at 04:57 PM. Reason: REALY ... ;-)
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue