Spyder Garage

Default Food For Thought - F3S & Ryker Rally in the shop; saw new RT S2S Ltd & an F3T....

I had some work done on F3s and the wife's Ryker 900 Rally.

In the background I spied a 2023 Sea to Sky RT Limited and a F3T,

So being curious, I looked at the F3T first and was thinking most of my adds on the F3s would slide across to the F3T; like the dashcam, floorboards, ISCI Handbrake, and pedal box just to mention a few items. However, looking at the storage, I was disappointed with the room in the panniers. Where you have two Shad panniers on the F3S & I can place a helmet in each, this does not include the frunk (full of man crap) then for less cost, get a rack and top box from Lamonster and have that on the F3s and have a poor man's F3T - still maintaining the aggressiveness F3S. Yes, there's no four speakers, no air bag suspension, & not a comfortable seat for long distances...

Now the 2023 Sea to Sky RT Limited, that is a whole different ball game storage wise let alone for creature comforts, and the only thing I would have to add to it would be a handbrake and I would be gone! As I have not ridden one, I cannot comment on its performance or how it handles; but sitting on one in the shop and looking all over it, yes, it might be the bike for me; or I could wait 'til 2024 and look at the newer offerings.

Yes, I love the F3S, but the reasoning being that at 66 years young and having a broken body from being in the military for so long, and as much as the boy in me would like to ride like a lunatic, maybe the F3S or T might be the wrong choice - as the saying goes, you can knock the man out of the boy, but not the boy out of the man.

Food for Thought

Lattrappe
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-28-2023 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    2019 Can Am Spyder F3S
    ICSI Ride Hand Brake Kit as my right leg and foot does not work that well due to MS
    The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Shad Saddle Bags
    Lamonster F3 PACKRACK
    SHAD 58X in Carbon finish - Expandable TOP Case
    Pedal Box
    IPS Belt Tensioner and Handlebar Riser from Lamonster
    K&N air filter
    INNOVV K5
    Wilbers Nite Line Shocks
    RLS Cat Delete
    Floating Rotors with EBC Brakes for the front
    I am now broke

I Should mention the Boss has a 900 Ryker Ralli next to my bike
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There are some changes coming for 2024 model that are very nice. So you should take that into consideration.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    There are some changes coming for 2024 model that are very nice. So you should take that into consideration.
    Agreed.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

I can relate. Same 66 years young and owner of a F3S that I set up for touring with shad bags/lamonster Pack rack-80L top case. Very easy to revert back to sport mode. It also had a crap load of add ons that I could transfer to a F3L. Owned it new since 2019. I figured maybe it was time to treat myself to ultimate luxury. So, I started looking at RTL's. I did like the petrol blue dark edition, but it wasn't calling my name. The 2023 S2S green wasn't a top 5 favorite. Then I saw it .. A new (but sold) 2022 S2S in mystery blue. I instantly fell in love. I began my quest to find one and wheel/deal and I was successful. Purchased it at the end of August this year at $6K off. I was able to transfer over a good amount of stuff, and I have no regrets. Being a 100% solo rider, storage is not an issue. I really appreciate the more relaxed engine cruising due to the 79t rear pulley. Very content
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by troop; 11-30-2023 at 07:03 AM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
    I had some work done on F3s and the wife's Ryker 900 Rally.

In the background I spied a 2023 Sea to Sky RT Limited and a F3T,

So being curious, I looked at the F3T first and was thinking most of my adds on the F3s would slide across to the F3T; like the dashcam, floorboards, ISCI Handbrake, and pedal box just to mention a few items. However, looking at the storage, I was disappointed with the room in the panniers. Where you have two Shad panniers on the F3S & I can place a helmet in each, this does not include the frunk (full of man crap) then for less cost, get a rack and top box from Lamonster and have that on the F3s and have a poor man's F3T - still maintaining the aggressiveness F3S. Yes, there's no four speakers, no air bag suspension, & not a comfortable seat for long distances...

Now the 2023 Sea to Sky RT Limited, that is a whole different ball game storage wise let alone for creature comforts, and the only thing I would have to add to it would be a handbrake and I would be gone! As I have not ridden one, I cannot comment on its performance or how it handles; but sitting on one in the shop and looking all over it, yes, it might be the bike for me; or I could wait 'til 2024 and look at the newer offerings.

Yes, I love the F3S, but the reasoning being that at 66 years young and having a broken body from being in the military for so long, and as much as the boy in me would like to ride like a lunatic, maybe the F3S or T might be the wrong choice - as the saying goes, you can knock the man out of the boy, but not the boy out of the man.

Food for Thought

Lattrappe
    Good Boy. You know you want that S2S. They are really, really, really, nice. HINT, HINT, HINT. The 24's might even be a bit nicer, nicer, nicer, HINT, HINT, HINT.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    I didn't see a whole lot other than a new 10.3 gauge display with Apple Car Play (worthless to us Android Users), a few new colors and LED headlights on some models. The upcharge for these was not enough IMO to justify the cost over discounted 2023. Now granted I looked at the higher end models in passing as I was focused on the F3-S and F3-T. I saved about 4K going with the 2023 vs waiting and preordering a 2024 that would be in a color I did not like and with Apple Car Play I couldn't use. \

Everyone's mileage will vary.
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by broderp View Post
    I didn't see a whole lot other than a new 10.3 gauge display with Apple Car Play (worthless to us Android Users), a few new colors and LED headlights on some models. The upcharge for these was not enough IMO to justify the cost over discounted 2023. Now granted I looked at the higher end models in passing as I was focused on the F3-S and F3-T. I saved about 4K going with the 2023 vs waiting and preordering a 2024 that would be in a color I did not like and with Apple Car Play I couldn't use. \

Everyone's mileage will vary.
    So the OP was talking about a Sea to Sky, The changes that I saw in the 2024 model were larger dash screen with much more functionality, easier to shift into reverse, no visible antenna that they claim works 3 times better than the old way, better head light switch control on left side, different colors that one might like better. I also said to take the 2024 into consideration, meaning you may or may not like the 2024 better and cost may play a part also. But to buy one now without knowing about all the changes what will be out in two or 3 months would be maddening for some people. With this if the OP looks they can make an informed decision.

I just wanted to add the they said that with the new dash you will be able to do some diagnosis without having to use a BUDs system.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 12-01-2023 at 04:57 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My grandad is what car salesmen called a "tire kicker." My wife was a bookkeeper/DMV girl at a local Chrysler dealership, and she cringed whenever she saw him walk in the front door. From the first day I knew anything about anything, my grandad always had to have the newest model car with all the bells and whistles. To my knowledge, he never owned a new car long enough to wear out a set of tires. My wife figured out that with all the incidentals that came with a new car purchase, tax, license, trade in deprecation, and so on, he could have owned several Rolls Royce’s during his life-time. I look at this way, if you've got and want it, then spend it; because you certainly can't take it with you when you go.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-01-2023 at 07:24 PM. Reason: certinnally; cardinally... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    My grandad is what car salesmen called a "tire kicker." My wife was a bookkeeper/DMV girl at a local Chrysler dealership, and she cringed whenever she saw him walk in the front door. From the first day I knew anything about anything, my grandad always had to have the newest model car with all the bells and whistles. To my knowledge, he never owned a new car long enough to wear out a set of tires. My wife figured out that with all the incidentals that came with a new car purchase, tax, license, trade in deprecation, and so on, he could have owned several Rolls Royce’s during his life-time. I look at this way, if you've got and want it, then spend it; because you certainly can't take it with you when you go.
    Yes to your statement. I got to figuring out what I spent in just Spyders since 2008. Over $250,000 and that did not include depreciation, insurance, gas, and maintenance. It was fun though. And I would most likely do it again.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-01-2023 at 07:38 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Yes to your statement. I got to figuring out what I spent in just Spyders since 2008. Over $250,000 and that did not include depreciation, insurance, gas, and maintenance. It was fun though. And I would most likely do it again.
    Ahh, you gotta love it! I may just ride my 14 RT right into my grave. Without my passenger of course.