Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default SOLVED - Show First Unread Post search going to First Post in thread instead?

Noticed something weird about this thread:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...26%23129324%3B

When you click on go to the first new post it goes to the original first post in the thread, not to the unread part. This has happened on three separate occasions so its not a one time deal. All the other threads are behaving normally.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-16-2023 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Put the right link in there! :opps:
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Noticed something weird about this thread. When you click on go to the first new post it goes to the original first post in the thread, not to the unread part. This has happened on three separate occasions so its not a one time deal. All the other threads are behaving normally.
    Same thing for me. I was hoping that Peter Aawen would fix it.

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Noticed something weird about this thread. When you click on go to the first new post it goes to the original first post in the thread, not to the unread part. This has happened on three separate occasions so its not a one time deal. All the other threads are behaving normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Same thing for me. I was hoping that Peter Aawen would fix it.
    Innterrrresting, but not Funny!?

I would certainly try to fix it for you if I could, but it's not happening like that for me & I can't see any difference between this & any other thread's address &/or control parameters that might make it do that??

Have you cleared your cookies & history lately, or maybe closed off the Forum completely & then re-started with a fresh login?? I wonder if doing that would change anything for you?? Otherwise, I'm not at all sure why it'd be doing this bit; nor how this could possibly even happen, not unless the cookie/history address for this particular thread on both your devices has somehow been corrupted so that your machines are only reading the first part of the thread address - the bit that takes you here:

instead of here:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...09#post1691109

Nb: That second address above should take you to seaweed's post #18 instead of PJveetwin's post #1! Seaweed's post was the first unread post in the thread when I opened it last time, and it was just easier to use that address rather than any other.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Innterrrresting, but not Funny!?

I would certainly try to fix it for you if I could, but it's not happening like that for me & I can't see any difference between this & any other thread's address &/or control parameters that might make it do that??

Have you cleared your cookies & history lately, or maybe closed off the Forum completely & then re-started with a fresh login?? I wonder if doing that would change anything for you?? Otherwise, I'm not at all sure why it'd be doing this bit; nor how this could possibly even happen, not unless the cookie/history address for this particular thread on both your devices has somehow been corrupted so that your machines are only reading the first part of the thread address - the bit that takes you here:

instead of here:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...09#post1691109

Nb: That second address above should take you to seaweed's post #18 instead of PJveetwin's post #1! Seaweed's post was the first unread post in the thread when I opened it last time, and it was just easier to use that address rather than any other.
    Not only those two but mine also. I have cleared my history & cookies recently but will try to log out then back in to see if that does it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I have logged out and back in and also cleared cookies, history and cache, I'll see what happens whenever anyone else post's here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I have logged out and back in and also cleared cookies, history and cache, I'll see what happens whenever anyone else post's here.
    No luck
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

No luck
    FWIW Its fine my end.

Spyder Garage

Still going to the 1st post for me. The good thing, or strange, is that it's only this one thread.

Spyder Garage

Still can't find anything, but what I might do is move all the posts from THIS thread:

discussing this issue into a Forum Support Thread, and once they're all there, let's see if it changes which thread it happens on then??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Still can't find anything to cause the 'Show First Unread Post' search to send some of you to the Opening Post in this thread & apparently only in this thread, but I've moved all the posts discussing this out of THIS thread and over to a NEW thread - shown below:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...thread-instead

The New thread is in Forum Support & Testing section; so can those of you affected please check that thread out too, in order see if it's changed which thread the dodgy Show First Unread Post thing happens to you in then - and then tell me the results of your check in the Forum Support Thread (linked above) please??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-13-2023 at 08:07 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Carries me to the bottom of this one, still to the top of the original thread................ed
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Carries me to the bottom of this one, still to the top of the original thread................ed
    Thanks for that. It might not achieve very much for you, but it narrows down the search somewhat for me!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I think that the answer is: That gremlin that wanders all over the world infecting Spyders at random, only this time it was spyderlovers.com!

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Happened for me; clicked on go to first unread message and got sent to the first message. Using a HP lap-top.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Sorry people, with everything else that's been going on here (altho I do hope that you haven't been subjected to it or noticed it too much! ) I haven't really had all that much in the way of time to chase this further today (and it's now almost 21:30 here in South Oz! ) but with any luck I'll be able to dig deeper tonight/tomorrow morning; altho from what little I've seen so far, I'm really thinking this is gonna be well beyond my pay grade, access, & abilities! So I suspect that I'll be handballing this one up the line very soon...

But please do post up any info you think might help or changes that occur to your access if they happen, every little bit helps.

Ps: Anyone want to add a new post to the original thread so I can try it under my own login/privileges again?? It's been a coupla minutes since I saw any new posts in there - I've added the correct link to the OP up the top here, so it should be easier to find now.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-16-2023 at 06:12 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Here is a test post for you Peter. Clicking on go to the first unread post on this thread carried me to the original post still.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Here is a test post for you Peter. Clicking on go to the first unread post on this thread carried me to the original post still.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Ps: Anyone want to add a new post to the original thread so I can try it under my own login/privileges again?? It's been a couple minutes since I saw any new posts in there - I've added the correct link to the OP up the top here, so it should be easier to find now.
    Left one for you.

Mod Edit: Copied it into this thread too - see just above your post ^.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-16-2023 at 08:45 AM.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Left one for you.

Mod Edit: Copied it into this thread too - see just above your post ^.
    As you should be able to see, I copied your post in the other thread back into this one too, just so I could check out another possibility.... But the bad news is that I STILL can't see any reason for it doing that 'go direct to opening post' thing for you; it still went straight to that latest post for me when I clicked on 'View First Unread', just like it always does in every other thread when I do the same....

Apart from the Moderator Privileges that I have (which are applied elsewhere, so shouldn't have any impact on this sorta thing?? ) our profiles are, for all intents and purposes, set up the same way?!

Anyhow, I've made a little change to the thread itself this time, then posted up in that thread... so can you please check it out and see what happens for you now?? Reply here to, I don't think there's any point in keeping PJ's thread this much off topic for any longer than we already have done.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-16-2023 at 08:59 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks Ed, I replied in the other thread, but please check out what happens after this post & check in to see if anything has changed if you post it up in the other thread - the one in Forum Support.

Sorry about all this PJ - as soon as I get a response from Ed in the other thread telling me what happened when he tried to read this post in this thread, I'll get these couple out of here & hopefully your thread can go back to discussing automated mailed tickets that are for places when you weren't there!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

This thread is now working as it should for me.

Spyder Garage

The original thread now works as it should for me.

Spyder Garage

Same for me. The gremlin is now gone!!

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:

Spyder Garage

I just went to the mentioned post and all worked for me as it should

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thanks Ed, I replied in the other thread, but please check out what happens after this post & check in to see if anything has changed if you post it up in the other thread - the one in Forum Support.

Sorry about all this PJ - as soon as I get a response from Ed in the other thread telling me what happened when he tried to read this post in this thread, I'll get these couple out of here & hopefully your thread can go back to discussing automated mailed tickets that are for places when you weren't there!
    Works as it should now. Your touch of magic did the trick................ed
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange