Spyder Garage

Default F3 Storage Procedure +my added/changed procedures.

This is how BRP details how to store an F3/S/T/or limited.
    *Asterisks are small but important things I added or changed.
    BRP recommends storage if no riding 4 months or more.

1. Add fuel stabilizer, PN779171, per bottle directions. Note: Engine should be run after fuel stabilizer is added to ensure fuel system components protection against varnish deposits. *(I don't do this as I do not use ethanol gas).

2. Change engine oil and filter.

3. Lubricate (fog) the engine with storage oil, PN779182. Spray for 5 seconds into throttle body while cranking the engine in flood mode (throttle held full open, engine will not start). To access this the entire upper console must be removed. *I made a 1/4in fog access port with plug which I access near the coolant bottle.

4. SM6, check/fill clutch oil.

5. Check/fill coolant and test with hydrometer, adjust with P/N779150, pre-mixed (50/50) extended life coolant.

6. Slow charge the battery once a month at rate 2A. No need to remove. *I check battery connections and connect to a trickle charger for the duration of storage.

7. Inspect tires, check/adjust air pressure.

8. Check/fill brake fluid and lubricate system;
    Clean/lubricate parking brake pivot points 2ea;
    Lubricate cable, a cable lubricator is needed here as is cable lube; &
    Lubricate pedal pivot.

9. Lubricate front suspension arms. No other information is given here.

10. Complete cleaning and dry. Apply appropriate wax or protectants. *should be the first thing you do really.

11. Protect the vehicle;
    Use a cover;
    Install plastic bag over exhaust to keep moisture out;
    Store in a dry, unheated area, no sunlight, little temperature variation as possible.

* Clean the keys.
    * Clean fuel port and apply light silicone to seals by hand.
    * Lightly oil trunk and frunk latch.
    * Reward myself by ordering a couple accessories to install the start of next season. (seriously lol)
    * I jack it up and put it on HF dollies so that if I need to move it in my garage it's not a problem.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-06-2023 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly state the reason for this thread! ;-)
    Vince F in Niagara Falls
    2022 Spyder F3 Special Edition
    2020 Ryker Rally, sold
    2022 F3S , Stock Lamonster black diamond Monolith Black Satin