Spyder Garage

Default 2023 Spyder F3s - Any value in Pairing Helmet and iPhone to Bike?

Just wondering if anyone finds any value in pairing their phone (for me, it's an iPhone) and their Bluetooth helmet (using SLR Mesh) to the Spyder instead? I should note that I don't plug my iPhone into the USB cable in the frunk, I find that it's just stupid they put that there; also, the BRP app is a dumpster fire. Anyway, right now I just have my helmet paired to my iPhone and I've been doing that, I mostly listen to music, apple/google maps, or maybe take a phone call if needed. Before I go down the rigmarole of re-pairing everything, I wanted to see if anyone found any value in having paired the other way if you don't use their software/app?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-26-2023 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

At best you can get volume control and maybe skip/pause music tracks when paired to the bike. But I can do that easily directly on my Sena headset or even through my Garmin Zumo if I want. So I no longer pair with the bike.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

I have the same year F3-S and my experience was that having the headset/helmet paired to my phone (Samsung Note20 Ultra - Android) and my phone paired to the Spyder resulted in issues. I could not get any sound to my headset until I paired it to the Spyder and unpaired it from my phone.

BRP GO! functionality and apps are also bad IMO. Any reliable/ good function in my experience requires a cable for anything more than volume. Don't get me started on why we have a volume rocker switch that doesn't work...
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue