Spyder Garage

Default A thought on service

I have read here a number of times the thoughts of those who are not happy with dealer service in their area. I thought I would share my experiences. I live in Denver and bought my 2021 Spyder RTL from Fay Myers in south Denver. I have had all my service work done there. So far I have been very pleased.

The last two times I had service work done, the tech has sent me a video by email showing and describing all of the work he completed and suggestions of what might be needed in the future, all before I picked up my bike. I have never had this happen with any of the bikes or cars I have purchased.

When I had a relay problem with the fans not shutting off I drove over to the dealer. No problem, a tech came right out and found the problem. A new relay was ordered and all is well.

I am very pleased with Fay Myers and would not hesitate to buy another Spyder there, although I plan to have this one for a long time.
    Last edited by Snoozer; 10-17-2023 at 07:11 AM.

Spyder Garage

Fay Myers is an Old Line motorcycle dealer. They have been around for a very long time. Well over 50 years. I don't know if they have become a "Power Sports " dealer but as a motorcycle dealer they were great. They were my liaison with Norton back in my dealership days and very helpful.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Fay Myers is an Old Line motorcycle dealer. They have been around for a very long time. Well over 50 years. I don't know if they have become a "Power Sports " dealer but as a motorcycle dealer they were great. They were my liaison with Norton back in my dealership days and very helpful.
    I believe they were bought out by Schomp here in Denver. Schomp owns a number of car dealerships in town.

Spyder Garage

Just a note/reminder for those mentioning their favourite dealers supplying &/or fitting car tires - over the years there have been more than 'just a couple' of dealers mentioned here on the Forum as supplying/fitting tires that weren't Kendas, then for some reason, very soon after that 'public outing' they have either refused adamantly to do that anymore, or in some cases, they've even suddenly dropped or been dropped from their Can Am Spyder/Ryker dealership...

Whether this has been as a direct result of them being 'publicly outed' or for any other reason, I really have no idea... But I do know that BRP are really pushy about their dealers ONLY supplying/fitting Kendas, and that's despite the significant customer call for dealers supply &/or fit other tires!!

So Snoozer, don't be surprised if that particular 'tire aspect' of your 'dealer satisfaction' changes... I do hope it doesn't, but there have been quite a few threads over the years mentioning other dealers that will do the same, only not too long after that info gets shared publicly, they suddenly won't anymore!!

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-16-2023 at 11:14 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Just a note/reminder for those mentioning their favourite dealers supplying &/or fitting car tires - over the years there have been more than 'just a couple' of dealers mentioned here on the Forum as supplying/fitting tires that weren't Kendas, then for some reason, very soon after that 'public outing' they have either refused adamantly to do that anymore, or in some cases, they've even suddenly dropped or been dropped from their Can Am Spyder/Ryker dealership...

Whether this has been as a direct result of them being 'publicly outed' or for any other reason, I really have no idea... But I do know that BRP are really pushy about their dealers ONLY supplying/fitting Kendas, and that's despite the significant customer call for dealers supply &/or fit other tires!!

So Snoozer, don't be surprised if that particular 'tire aspect' of your 'dealer satisfaction' changes... I do hope it doesn't, but there have been quite a few threads over the years mentioning other dealers that will do the same, only not too long after that info gets shared publicly, they suddenly won't anymore!!

Just Sayin'
    Perhaps an edit is due.

Spyder Garage

Peter is giving good advice.

When you find a good dealer, support them. These days, they are few and far between.

We try to offer balanced information on this site. We are not beholden to the powers that be when it comes to Spyder. They are complimented when they do good, and they are criticized when they do not. A few of us have been customers from day one and have seen both the good and the bad come down.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red