Spyder Garage

Red face RTL Stuffs - anyone have/installed the little Accent Lights?

Hey crew, I’m back! After a long hiatus I’m back in the saddle…This time on an RTL. Life happens, and this girl will be taking us on many new adventures. Can’t wait until she’s done up like I did to my RSS.
    Sooo…she’s got many mods already, but because I'm a complete and utter mod buff, I have to do my own little things. That being said, I’m going to start with upgrading the lighting to LED’s where I can, along with the next gen bumpskid. My question, after looking online and much head scratching, has anyone have an idea how or have installed lights in those little pods under the driving/fog lights? Will those lights next to the headlights work? My other half wants lights in there and me, being the wrench puller, wants to give it a go. Any help or ideas would be appreciated! I have checked out Lamonster’s stuff but didn’t find anything, unless he’s got something hidden in his tickle trunk…
    IMG_1967.jpg
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-10-2023 at 12:20 PM. Reason: changed to family friendly language.

"Sometimes through the winds of change, we find our true direction"

2019 RTL SE6, Spyder upgrades ultraguard cover, foam grip cover, trunk organizer, magic mirror kit, saddlebag liners, ultimate seat with gas door and rain cover, heavy duty gas shock for seat, back rest, glove box protector, BajaRon sway bay, front grill, short spiral antenna, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS with mount, trunk light, large brake pedal, wide vu mirrors, barb wire decal kit, highway pegs, hot grips.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Hey crew, I’m back! After a long hiatus I’m back in the saddle…This time on an RTL. Life happens, and this girl will be taking us on many new adventures. Can’t wait until she’s done up like I did to my RSS.
    Sooo…she’s got many mods already, but because I'm a complete and utter mod buff, I have to do my own little things. That being said, I’m going to start with upgrading the lighting to LED’s where I can, along with the next gen bumpskid. My question, after looking online and much head scratching, has anyone have an idea how or have installed lights in those little pods under the driving/fog lights? Will those lights next to the headlights work? My other half wants lights in there and me, being the wrench puller, wants to give it a go. Any help or ideas would be appreciated! I have checked out Lamonster’s stuff but didn’t find anything, unless he’s got something hidden in his tickle trunk…
    IMG_1967.jpg
    Hey Girl glad to see you back in the fold it's been 10 years since your' last post ........ PM me and I can assist with the LED lights and a bunch of other mods ...... Mike
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-10-2023 at 12:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Mike!! Yeah it sure has been a while. Incoming!!

Well I tried but getting a message saying I can’t send pm’s?? Sent in a contact form hopefully it’s just a glitch.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 10-10-2023 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Update

2019 RTL SE6, Spyder upgrades ultraguard cover, foam grip cover, trunk organizer, magic mirror kit, saddlebag liners, ultimate seat with gas door and rain cover, heavy duty gas shock for seat, back rest, glove box protector, BajaRon sway bay, front grill, short spiral antenna, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS with mount, trunk light, large brake pedal, wide vu mirrors, barb wire decal kit, highway pegs, hot grips.

Spyder Garage

Be sure check various device updates & settings, head on over to home page & supported vendors list

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Well I tried but getting a message saying I can’t send pm’s?? Sent in a contact form hopefully it’s just a glitch.
    Interesting my incoming PM's are NOT blocked .....Mike

Spyder Garage

That'll most likely be because the system hasn't yet caught up to the fact that you've re-started posting after a long hiatus SheWolf - if you don't use your account for a long while, the system will eventually set you to a different level of 'Registered User' and if you ever do return to posting, it will initially restrict your capabilities just in case your account has been compromised... Just send in a message explaining that you're back posting and want to send PM's as well via the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page & your account facilities will be completely restored fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Interesting my incoming PM's are NOT blocked .....Mike
    See above Mike, it's nothing on your end; just one of the 'safety features' applied to SheWolf's long dormant account - just to be sure to be sure!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Where is it you live, and can you legally change your light set up? It would be too bad to do all that work and get pulled over by the boys in blue the first ride out!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-10-2023 at 05:41 PM. Reason: to ...
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Where is it you live, and can you legally change your light set up? It would be too bad to do all that work and get pulled over by the boys in blue the first ride out!!
    The Accent Lights up top are a legal option that was available for quite a few years, and which may or may not still be available; but I don't think anyone has ever managed to get any lights installed down in the little 'fake lenses' in the bottom front of where you lot can install fog lights - there's really not much room in there, and reaching all the way in to the front/bottom of those lower light assemblies to do anything is very difficult if not impossible!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    The Accent Lights up top are a legal option that was available for quite a few years, and which may or may not still be available; but I don't think anyone has ever managed to get any lights installed down in the little 'fake lenses' in the bottom front of where you lot can install fog lights - there's really not much room in there, and reaching all the way in to the front/bottom of those lower light assemblies to do anything is very difficult if not impossible!
    Years ago, I found some LED's that would fit. ..... However, the light output (Lumens) was really small, thus wouldn't provide much actual brightness .... So I didn't get them, way too much work for little benefit. .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-10-2023 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Additionally, per the fog light mounts - those rectangular slots allow air flow on the older engines. The round portion was more oblong/egg shaped, not an even a circular hole.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-10-2023 at 08:26 PM. Reason: thee ... ;-)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys!
    Yep it was a dormancy issue. Resolved so I’m good to go! I’m in Alberta, lots of conversions on vehicles here. Redneck country
    Lots of catching up to do! I’ve got the headlight pods out and need to get the panels covering the fog pods off. OMG the bugs in behind everything!!! I don’t think the guy who owned it before did anything more than a quick blast, if that. The control arms/shocks wheels were PACKED with critters…and not bugs…

Spyder Garage

What kind of "critters" not bugs? Mice, rats ,shrews, moles , bats ? Dragon flies? Spyders LOL
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

A plethora of bugs, some kind of bird, and a mouse that got stuck in the fan

Spyder Garage

Wow yikes bugs bird and mouse
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Congrats getting back out. You mentioned all the stuff you found cleaning your Spyder. I was installing a belt tensioner (LaMonster garage) a few months the ago awesome Tensioner, any way I found a mouse had built a nest on top of the motor. Used a shop vacuum and cleaned all a garbage out. A good suggestion for all Spyders owners to check their Spyders.

Ride Safe wear your gear, watch out for the cagers, GDoc
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 09:19 PM.
    2016 RTS SE6 , Orbital Blue