Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question What's the meaning of Gold Stars on some threads?

What’s the meaning off the GoldStars on some of the posts?
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

If you look up just above the Top Right Corner of the first post displayed in this thread (ie. the one you used to start this thread) you'll see a tag labelled 'Rate This Thread' - click on that tag, and I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to work out what the Gold Stars are for. IIRC, the Rating displayed on the index pages against some threads is an average of all the Ratings made by individual posters.

BTW, each individual entry on the Forum that any user makes is called 'a post'; while a string of related 'posts' combine together in order to form 'a thread' - that is, the discussion that you can/should follow. You put up a post asking about the Gold Stars that appear against some threads in the index pages; I replied, putting up my own post in response to yours, so together, this (potentially growing) collection of posts is now a thread.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-02-2023 at 08:13 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    If you look up just above the Top Right Corner of the first post displayed in this thread (ie. the one you used to start this thread) you'll see a tag labelled 'Rate This Thread' - click on that tag, and I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to work out what the Gold Stars are for. IIRC, the Rating displayed on the index pages against some threads is an average of all the Ratings made by individual posters.

BTW, each individual entry on the Forum that any user makes is called 'a post'; while a string of related 'posts' combine together in order to form 'a thread' - that is, the discussion that you can/should follow. You put up a post asking about the Gold Stars that appear against some threads in the index pages; I replied, putting up my own post in response to yours, so together, this (potentially growing) collection of posts is now a thread.
    Thank you……
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue