Spyder Garage

Default What add-on parts are best and necessary on 2023 RT Ltd?

This bike is great and we love every minute on it out riding. Seems a lot of riders on this site make improvements and install aftermarket parts to the bikes. I would like some suggestions as to what add on parts are the best and necessary. Mine is a red black cause I did not want any chrome.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-25-2023 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not 1330 engine specific; & expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Many threads of 'improvements' but here's a short list:

SUSPENSION (most important)
    Car tires;
    Upgraded sway bar;
    Upgraded front shocks.

VISABILITY
    Driving LEDS (DRLs);
    Accent lighting.

PERFORMANCE
    Throttle Control (Pedal Commander or PedalBox);
    Cat Delete and/or Pipe;
    ECU Tune (a couple options, send ECU away or use a PV3 flash);
    Accessories like GPS, Phone, Radar, etc - various mounting options.

BODY
    KOTT Grilles & Vents.

Browse the site sponsors' stores to expend your next few paychecks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-25-2023 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Clarified... ;-)
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Browse the site sponsors' stores to expend your next few paychecks.
    And if you run out of ideas we can suggest more!
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Definitely browse vendors, also many members have lists of their mods as part of their signature. Take notes - Some may not be compatible with '23s &/or your interest. Of course, it's also productive to view other Spyders first-hand at rallies & events - get to meet other ryders & a better visual of the farkle & their functionality. Attending vendors can also likely do the installation while you wander around.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-26-2023 at 02:37 AM. Reason: ...

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I purchased a 2023 RTl in August and had been driving a 2020 F3 limited the prior two years. If you have a "fair" amount of bugs in your area I would suggest something that protects the radiators from bugs. I installed "The Original "Keep Out the Trash" Radiator Stainless Steel Grilles (RT Models 2020-to current models)" from Spyderpops. https://spyderpops.com/the-original-...urrent-models/. They look good and efficient in keeping the bugs out of my radiator. I was collecting bugs and butterflies in my radiator and with this screen in front it seems to be protecting the radiator well. The mrs. occasionally rides with me and when armrest come back in stock I will be purchasing them as well.

Something I would also suggest, for any Spyders, is "FOBO 2 Trike (set of 3)" for keeping an eye on your tire pressure. I purchased mine over at Lamonster. https://www.lamonstergarage.com/fobo...f-3-lamonster/ The rear tire is a pain to check air pressure on and it is so nice to turn on the phone as I walk out to the garage and see what my tire pressure is before going for a ride. These bikes are good about keeping air in the tires, but with the seasons changing the air temps change which leads tire pressure changes as well, so you can keep your tire pressure where it should be. On my prior F3 I added a flashing module that flashes the brake light quickly before going solid red. I will be doing this also to this RT I just picked up. The brake lights seem bright enough but I like to keep the attention of the drivers behind me as I come to a stop, so they also stop in time. I believe someone sells this as a kit, but I soldered mine in place without any problems. I may add turn signal indicators to my rear view mirrors in the near future.

2023 RT limited
    Last edited by Redbeard; 09-26-2023 at 05:11 AM. Reason: added FOBO 2 and brake light flashing suggestion

Spyder Garage

just ride and enjoy as is.

Spyder Garage

I would suggest first spending the funds on gas, oil, tires, motel rooms, good food, etc. If you have comfort issues, there are good backrests (Utopia) and seat cushions (Airhawk). Bug screens are nice, but remember to clean them daily in high bug season.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

We've had a RT Limted Sea To Sky since July and have ridden it weekly. The only mods we've made so far are a GPS mount, Quadlock phone mount (which doesn't get used much), a handlebar riser, and a wider brake pedal. Planned mods are a voltmeter, a rear trunk organizer, front fender sequential turn signals, and possibly an auxillary driving light(s). I think the bike is well equiped and really doesn't need much.
    Last edited by Lee0123; 09-26-2023 at 07:16 AM.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

I just recently purchased a brand new 2022 S2S. My focus will be on comfort and touring, as I previously had (have) a 2019 F3S that was set up for performance and handling. My accessory/add on list will be A LOT shorter for my S2S. It will have:
    1.) BR Ultra Sway bar/links (links on - sway bar in spring)
    2.) H&R upgraded front shock springs (spring)
    3.) Radiator guards (on)
    4.) Lamonster risers/long reach bars (on)
    5.) Pedal Commander (on - transfer from F3S)
    6.) Show Chrome backrest (on)
    7.) Lower LED light (on)
    8.) Auto tires when the time comes for replacement
    9.) Garmin Zumo XT/Touratech lock/RAM mount (on-transfer)
    10.) Lamonster Top Cuffs/RAM mount (on-transfer)
    11.) FOBO 2 Trike (on-transfer)
    12.) Foam grip covers (on)
    13.) 7Jurock 27" windshield (on)
    This might be the only bike I've owned that will keep the stock exhaust. I am digging the quiet. Heck, it is a tourer after all Enjoy!!
    Last edited by troop; 01-12-2024 at 10:29 PM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

FYI, if you are looking for a BRP driver's backrest, I have one for sale.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ivers-Backrest
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-26-2023 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Added link ;-)
    2022 Spyder RTL

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    just ride and enjoy as is.
    Until you get used to it, there is no need to spend money on improvements. Once you are familiar with the ride, do the add ons that give you comfort (backrest, etc) if needed. As far as performance mods like shocks, sway bar, power or pedal commanders, etc, I suggest you learn to ride the stock bike to it's full potential first. You will find out that it is the rider that most of the times needs improvements, not the bike.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Until you get used to it, there is no need to spend money on improvements. Once you are familiar with the ride, do the add ons that give you comfort (backrest, etc) if needed. As far as performance mods like shocks, sway bar, power or pedal commanders, etc, I suggest you learn to ride the stock bike to it's full potential first. You will find out that it is the rider that most of the times needs improvements, not the bike.

Took the words right off my keyboard. Ride it and enjoy it. After a time make a list of what you may improve. Then shortlist it. No hurry.

Spyder Garage

I have spent a boatload on my RTL. The only thing I would say you absolutely(ish) need is a Baja Ron (anti) sway bar.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I have spent a boatload on my RTL. The only thing I would say you absolutely(ish) need is a Baja Ron (anti) sway bar.
    and that is not necessarily so. That was one of the last things I added.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I think Can-Am fell short on the use of real estate in the back of the bike, so I put the slingmod afterburner lights on. There are other lights I'd like to put on as well but for now, those make a difference.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

The repair manual. Either printed or on computer. Even if you never lift a wrench, you can use it to figure out which jobs are hard and which easy. That keeps you from being a ripe sucker for repair estimates.
    Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"
    UltraGard Full Cover, Front & Rear Cup Holders, Elka Stage 2 Rear Shock, TC & Dave Signal Button, Spyder Extras Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

The best suggested add on parts. Those parts will go on my shopping list, thanks

Spyder Garage

That is for sure a parts list. Did you have to import everything or are some available in Canada?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guardsman21 View Post
    The best suggested add on parts. Those parts will go on my shopping list, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guardsman21 View Post
    That is for sure a parts list. Did you have to import everything or are some available in Canada?
    Hi guardsman (& anyone else who's interested/doesn't yet know) if you are replying to a particular post (that isn't just the last post in the thread, & so will end up immediately before/above your reply ) like you seem to be doing in both of the posts above, it might pay to either identify the poster you are responding to by including their username in your text, as I have in this post; or click on the '"Reply with Quote' button down in the bottom left corner of their post so that it brings their post down into your reply as a quote. That way, readers can clearly follow the flow of the thread, and won't need to guess which earlier post you are responding to... cos without doing that, your posts that clearly refer to something posted earlier are left sorta just hanging there...

If you want to go really high tech and respond to more than one earlier post at the same time in your reply, as you can see above that I have done in this post, then simply tick the little "quote symbol with +" that's down in the bottom Right corner of each of the earlier posts you wish to reply to (only please, select no more than a few at a time!) then select the red '+ Reply to Thread' button down in the bottom Left under the last post in the thread. That'll bring all of those selected posts into your reply as quotes, just like yours appear in this post up there ^^.

And just by-the-by, you don't necessarily need to quote and include ALL of a long post (like most of mine... ) in your reply if you are only going to be referring to one small part of it in your reply - once you've got the entire quote down into your Reply window, you can either select and highlight the small part that you want to refer to by bolding or underlining it via the buttons above your text entry field (it'll already be in italics as a quote anyway, so don't try to do that again again, it doesn't work it help at all! ) or you can edit out/delete the unnecessary/not applicable parts of the quote - just make sure that you leave the QUOTE command delimiters AND all of their square brackets ( [ - ] )at the beginning and end of the remaining bits of the quote you want to keep. If you disturb those command delimiters in the square brackets at the beginning and end of the quote, then once you submit your reply, the quote won't appear as it should and may easily appear to be or be confused as a part of your text. Oh, and please don't use the square brackets for anything else - the Forum software will try to recognise anything inside square brackets as a command delimiter, and that may mess up your post, the whole thread, or possibly even the Forum software as it tries to work out whatever the heck it is that you're trying to tell it to do! So leave the square brackets alone, there's others you can use if necessary, like ( - ) or { - }

Over to you (& anyone else who may have gained a bit more insight into how to use the Forum tools!)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

No add on parts are ever necessary. They can be wanted, desired, even improvements over OEM, but not necessary.

Just my opinion............ the parts I have put on my own machine were not necessary, but I wanted them.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

This is what I thought was necessary on my 2020 RT Ace.
    1. LinQ rack
    2. 55L semi-rigid LinQ upper case
    3. Handle bar extension unit.
    4. Radiator protection grills
    5. Mini Driving Lights
    6. Afterburner 2 taillights
    7. Sheepskin seat cover
    8. Saddlebag lid nets
    9. USB fused charging unit on handlebars
    10. 12v fused socket unit on handlebars
    11. Foam slipover hand grips
    12. BajaRon sway bar and links
    13. Ram mount on handlebars for portable GPS
    14. Ram mount on handlebars for Portable CB
    15. Hopnel Frunk liner
    16. Pinstriping by Mountainman
    17. Custom Spyder emblem for frunk lid
    18. Upgraded aluminum tire valve caps
    19. Fused link batttery tender
    20, Full lightweight cover.
    2020 rRt Ace , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Did you win the power ball

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod