Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    A little off topic, but one of the things I like most about my RTL is how easy it is to stand up while riding, So when I am on gravel or hard packed dirt roads, I can easily inspect the immediate road ahead and make adjustments when necessary.
    I tried that once, Ollicat…….took out two overhanging tree limbs and a low flying duck

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I have driven both a 2013 and 2018 RTL on gravel roads (off the TAR or pavement) for many, many miles to reach desired destinations, THE MISSING BELT GUARD is on both and works wonderful, have never had muffler issues on either. The 2013 did have the Air Bag protective cup on it, the '18 doesn't yet. But I regularly ride up to 40 mph on MN dirt/gravel roads with no issues (maybe a little shimmy sometimes, but then I slow down).
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Cheers.
    Good mention about that guard I got lucky there as the previous owner had already fitted that.

I worked out how squirrely and quick pointing they are of a loose surface on my SH43 Forgotten World Highway trip last year.
    Soon learnt to back it off a bit.