Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
Well I was on my way to the OC Bike Fest yesterday. Came to a stop at a light and the car behind me didn't. Last thing I remember is feeling a lunge after stopping, then coming to standing up next to the spyder in the middle of the intersection with a bunch of people around me.

I didn't have much of a chance to look over at the bike before I had a paramedic snapping a collar on me and getting me over to the ambulance, All I could see was that it looks like my rear tire acted like an airbag and took the brunt of it, didn't have enough time to check to see if my rear shock or frame was bent. The state trooper that brought the report to me in the ER said all he could see was that the back tire was gone but not too much else. I will get a better look and take pictures when I go back up there today to bring the tow slip to the company that towed it so it can be released to the insurance company.

Someone there said I went up in the air and landed on my back and my head. Luckily I was wearing all of my gear and from the looks of the gear, my back hit the ground then my head. I am glad I spent the extra money on the CE level 2 spine pad for my eclipse 2 mesh jacket. There is some bruising around where the pad dug in at but nothing broken and the back of my helmet is scarred up from the asphalt.

Spent the afternoon in the ER getting a cat scan because I am sore all over my head, neck and abdomen. The nurse and doctor said they wish that all of the younger folks that they see would have worn the same protection I was as they were in much worse condition coming in there. I'll post up some pics after I get back from Delaware today. Totally sucks as I was almost at my lunch stop at Bennet's Pier before heading down the coastal highway to OC so it's going to be a long drive in Cafe Silverado to get back up there and get the tow slip taken care of.
That really stinks, glad to hear you are okay. I was there in OC at bikefest looking for any Sypders in the lot, virtually none. Where did this happen at if I may ask? I am heading back to PA. tonight. The main strip last night was like a scene from mad max with all the bikes zipping around.