Spyder Garage

Cool No Reverse or Signal lights on RT-622 Trailer - is this normal?

Quick Question for the experts here - I just installed the trailer wiring harness for a 2019 Rt Limited that I purchased from our good friend Pierre at Spyderaccessories. I purchased a used 2013 RT-622 and when I plugged in the trailer, I noticed that there aren't reverse lights or signals lights on the trailer. Is this normal? Do these trailers have the "white" reverse & "yellow" signal lights? Any insight would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-12-2023 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Two separate parts to your question:

(1) how many positions (pins) in the Spyder-to-trailer connector?

(2) what country code is your trailer? US is combined brake/turn lamp. CAN is separate turn lamp. AUS is CAN with reverse lamp.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    Two separate parts to your question:

(1) how many positions (pins) in the Spyder-to-trailer connector? 4 Pin Connector. US Trailer.

(2) what country code is your trailer? US is combined brake/turn lamp. CAN is separate turn lamp. AUS is CAN with reverse lamp.
    Thanks 😎😎

4 Pin Connector. US Trailer. Thanks for the fast response.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-12-2023 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Merged immediately consecutive posts...

Spyder Garage

The 2013 RT622 trailers do not have reverse lights or amber signal lights. The brake/turn/running lights are all the same. That's why you only have a square/flat four pin connector. The 2010 622 did have the separate turn signals and reverse lights and a nine-pin connector. I've owned a 2013 RT622 trailer for nine years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

The 622 trailer does not have reverse lights. The 4 pin harness does not support those. You should have turn signals though. The reverse lights on the trailer are for matching appearance only.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all !! This information was very helpful.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    The 2013 RT622 trailers do not have reverse lights or amber signal lights. The brake/turn/running lights are all the same. That's why you only have a square/flat four pin connector. The 2010 622 did have the separate turn signals and reverse lights and a nine-pin connector. I've owned a 2013 RT622 trailer for nine years.
    Ours here in Australia do come with the same tail-lights as the RT's do and include the Reverse Lights; they are wired up, we just need to find a wire to tap into to make them work.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-14-2023 at 05:18 AM. Reason: joust; inlcude; ...;-)
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White