Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Loudest horns ever on a spyder? Yup, I did it again!

I have been trying for 2 years to figure out how. Today I did it!!! I put train horns on my Spyder! These are the ROCKERS from Hornblasters.com and they are deafening!!! I can still switch to the regular horn and the power unit is easy to remove if I need to use the frunk. They are just for fun and to see if it could be done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204938[/ATTACH[ATTACH=CONFIG]204939[/ATTACH[ATTACH=CONFIG]204940[/ATTACHIMG_20230909_180656366.jpg [ATTACH=CONFIG]204942[/ATTACHIMG_20230910_093530087.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 09-11-2023 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Wow, that looks awesome....
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    Wow, that looks awesome....
    +1.
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I have been trying for 2 years to figure out how. Today I did it!!! I put train horns on my Spyder! These are the ROCKERS from Hornblasters.com and they are deafening!!! I can still switch to the regular horn and the power unit is easy to remove if I need to use the frunk. They are just for fun and to see if it could be done.

Congratulations! They look bloody good! As does your set-up, pretty neat! I can believe they SOUND bloody good too!

I did have a similar set mounted on my 2013 RT for a while, including a 4litre (about 1 gallon?) 120psi Air Tank with an 80min/120max psi pressure switch in what looks like a reasonably similar set up to yours...

I only took my horns off the Spyder because we were touring more/longer & with the new Assistance Dog, Buster, we needed to use that space for luggage. Taking an Assistance Dog everywhere, even if he is quite small (only 4kgs dripping wet ), reminds both me'n the Child Bride very much of travelling with a 3 y/old toddler - the necessary capacity for all the gear & accoutrements required is astounding!!

Buut, back to the horns - I noticed a distinct lessening of volume on my set-up once the Air Tank dropped in pressure & the compressor kicked in. The compressor still kept ample air flow going into the tank to run the horns (IIRC, mine were specc'd to work from 60-150psi) but they just didn't sound with quite the same 'authority'... Actually, the compressor alone would start & keep the horns sounding, they just sounded a little anemic - not quite as loud/solid as they did in the first few seconds or so off a full Air Tank, if you get my drift?!

Do you notice the same with your set-up? What restart/max pressure & how big is your air-tank?

I'm not giving up on the idea of getting the horns back onto my Spyder, cos as I'm sure you appreciate, even if others might not, they are just too good not to make every effort!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-09-2023 at 09:39 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Oh Yeah! Them rude cagers got a surprise comin". Quite the set-up Joel.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Congratulations! They look bloody good! As does your set-up, pretty neat! I can believe they SOUND bloody good too!

I did have a similar set mounted on my 2013 RT for a while, including a 4litre (about 1 gallon?) 120psi Air Tank with an 80min/120max psi pressure switch in what looks like a reasonably similar set up to yours...

I only took my horns off the Spyder because we were touring more/longer & with the new Assistance Dog, Buster, we needed to use that space for luggage. Taking an Assistance Dog everywhere, even if he is quite small (only 4kgs dripping wet ), reminds both me'n the Child Bride very much of travelling with a 3 y/old toddler - the necessary capacity for all the gear & accoutrements required is astounding!!

Buut, back to the horns - I noticed a distinct lessening of volume on my set-up once the Air Tank dropped in pressure & the compressor kicked in. The compressor still kept ample air flow going into the tank to run the horns (IIRC, mine were specc'd to work from 60-150psi) but they just didn't sound with quite the same 'authority'... Actually, the compressor alone would start & keep the horns sounding, they just sounded a little anemic - not quite as loud/solid as they did in the first few seconds or so off a full Air Tank, if you get my drift?!

Do you notice the same with your set-up? What restart/max pressure & how big is your air-tank?

I'm not giving up on the idea of getting the horns back onto my Spyder, cos as I'm sure you appreciate, even if others might not, they are just too good not to make every effort!
    I am using a 1 gallon tank, 150 psi shut-off switch, Vair compressor. I had the setup on one of my vehicles, but with a 2 gallon tank and 4 horns. It had about a 5 second continuous honk. I only give it quick honks, so no issues with depleted sound. It is extremely loud anyway. A quick honk is PLENTY! These horns are not the junk sold on amazon or Ebay. This kit cost over $750. I highly recommend Hornblasters products.

https://hornblasters.com/collections...ucts/hk-s4-232

https://hornblasters.com/collections...n-air-horn-kit
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 09-10-2023 at 06:34 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Could they be so loud as to trigger a road rage incident?

Spyder Garage

You truly have THE HORNIEST Spyder out there!!
    2014 RTL bought in 3/20 with only 6,000 mi.
    Came with Garmin 660
    Car tires in 5/20; Elka stage 2 front shocks in 10/21

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by staneric View Post
    Could they be so loud as to trigger a road rage incident?
    You seem to be under the impression that I will use the horns indescrimminently. That is not the case at all. I have a switch so I can use my OEM horn most of the time. The air horns will be used mostly for parades, honks for waving kids, demonstrating for people asking a out them, and for fun. I guess they could be used on idiot drivers, but I never used them for that even when I had them in my SUV. Just for fun.

Spyder Garage

I had a set of the Hornblasters on a truck. They are great quality kits.
    2023 Spyder RT Ltd
    2023 RT Ltd , Hyper Silver Black