Spyder Garage

Default Anyone else's F3-T rear seat jammed? Any ideas/advice?

Has anybody experienced the rear seat jamming so bad it can't be taken off?
    The local dealer hasn't been able to find a solution... hoping somebody here can provide advice!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-08-2023 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not 1330 engine specific; & expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Liz / Calgary
    2016 F3-T, shorty mods only
    2016 F3-T , black

Spyder Garage

Yes, this happens occasionally to my husband's F3T. We haven't found a solution to it yet, either. It seems to come and go!
    2016 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

I'm not going to be much help, but my new 2023 F3-S had the rear seat stuck right on the show room floor. The dealer took it to the service department, so I didn't get to watch how they did it but it's working perfectly now. Turning the key gets me a smooth little "pop" sound and a small amount of movement of the seat. It opens very smoothly as well.

What the dealer told me was that the cable for the catch was not installed when assembled. This anchors the mechanism so that when you pull the cable (turn the key) the catch opens. My catch was opening, but since it was loose it was not releasing the seat pin.

Also at the dealer was a new F3-T. It opened just fine, but I found a cut wire under the seat. It was fairly obvious the wire was pinched and cut by the seat locking pin.

Both the frunk and rear seat/cowling are adjustable. It makes sense given the design that if the seat is too tight, then it could cause it to bind and stick. If this were the case, I would think turning the key would also be harder due to the resistance.

My dealer also disclosed they had seen a recent uptick in Can-Am assembly issues such as this.

Good luck. I hope they figure it out and you can share the information.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-01-2023 at 02:01 PM.
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue