Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default CANNOT figure out this DPS issue - intermittently cutting out on corners. Any clues?

new to me 2008 GS, having DPS issues, dealer it came from put a new DPS unit and battery in before I bought it,
    The DPS works normally, but when going around a corner aggressively, such as turning on a new road, the DPS will cut out, seems to be mostly right hand turns. and then the check DPS light comes on. If I shut it off, wait 15 seconds, and restart, the light is off and DPS works fine again. sometimes I can ride it a hundred miles with no issues until I take a corner hard, throws code P0551, and one time, a C1290, (VCM Voltage Failure?) Do these DPS units require more power the harder you corner? I have cleaned the battery connections, charged battery, and cleaned ground under seat. going to clean ground next to DPS, and if no change, have the steering angle and YAW centered at a dealer, as advised by someone on another group.
    Anyone else have any other clues as to what may be the issue here?

Anyone in Michigan or northern Indiana have access to BUDS?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-07-2023 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Expanded title & text to briefly ask the question... ;-)