Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelmilitaria View Post
    They said it needed a new battery and relay. I go and pick it up next week. Prayers that it works.
    I think I found where your dealer is located...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbseYAkzRM
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I think I found where your dealer is located...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbseYAkzRM
    Now, that's FUNNY!
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

They said it needed a new battery and relay. I go and pick it up next week. Prayers that it works.
    Let us know, please.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

OK, so here we go.
    They put a new battery in, and a relay - charged $260 - $140 in service fees. This was Wednesday. Today I took it out for my first ride, 25 minutes up to Church. Same issues - check engine light goes on; bike dies. I started it back up, then the battery light comes on. I barely made it to Church. I turn it on, and it wouldn't turn back on. The VSS error light did turn on the first time it died. Anyway, now the shop doesn't open till Tuesday so I can't call. Luckily it's in a good spot.

So, do I call them or the sister store? I personally think they didn't hook up the transmission right and it's causing high voltage to the battery and frying the relay. I'm getting upset, this would be the third time and 1.5 months of being out of riding season so far.

Is it time I call Can Am and voice my concerns, or do I see if the mechanics will do me right? Do I ask for a refund on the battery because clearly, it's something different. My bike is in far worse shape than when I brought it in. Now I feel I can't trust them or the safety of my bike!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-24-2023 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

I'd call Can Am at this point and voice my concern about bringing it back to the same dealer...while at the same time wanting a reimbursement for the battery and labor that clearly wasn't necessary. See what they say, and go from there. They may call the dealer and help you out... or they may say go to the other dealer.
    Make some phone calls and see what transpires.

Sorry you are hving such a rough time.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-24-2023 at 07:25 PM. Reason: binging; an; se; ... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Yep, I'd call Can Am. Have your notes handy so you make sure to explain thoroughly, start to finish, this entire mess. Be polite but direct, and make it clear you have little confidence in this particular dealer. I'm hoping they'll grease the skids and get you in to the other dealership without delay. I'd also hope you'd be reimbursed what you've spent and have an extension added to your warranty. Make notes and get back to us, please. Wishing you the best.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

The battery light indicates either low or high voltage. As the battery is new, I would suspect the latter, and that the voltage regulator is defective.

Spyder Garage

Whomever is working on your machine hasn't been able to diagnose the failure....that much is clear. Can Am would be my next port of call. It's either a very technical problem that is beyond the service tech's ability or plain incompetence. In either case fresh eyes are warranted. Sorry you're having these problems but I don't think it's the rykers fault...these are proven reliable engines.

Spyder Garage

got my bike back this morning hopefully for the last time and voiced my discouragement. i let them know i was hoping to not come in again. i inquired on what wire was not connected. they said it was the volt manager wire. so that make sense. i asked if my battery really needed replaced before and they said yes definitely. they didn't charge me thank goodness for putting the wire back on and tow. however when i pulled it the manager came out. was pretty stern almost like a bully. said that just because they work on the bike doesn't mean everything after is there fault. he said anything transmission they would take care of but anything else is not there fault. said he could have charged me for the work and i cant play the "we touched it last so its our fault. if i go down the road he basically said he wouldn't help unless its transmission issues. starting going off about if a tire blows or lights go out. im just agreeing with him like yeh. he said that if i had a problem with them i could go to other shops. he said he didn't charge because he was trying to give good customer service.

I'm praying nothing else will go wrong I think given the situations i had a right to inspect and know what's going on and be Leary if they did the work right and if i deserved to be charged. they also did recall work some might have been wiring.... but anyway
    hopefully this is the end of issues i guess ill find out the next couple weeks of riding finally!

Spyder Garage

got my bike back this morning hopefully for the last time and voiced my discouragement. i let them know i was hoping to not come in again. i inquired on what wire was not connected. they said it was the volt manager wire. so that make sense. i asked if my battery really needed replaced before and they said yes definitely. they didn't charge me thank goodness for putting the wire back on and tow. however when i pulled it the manager came out. was pretty stern almost like a bully. said that just because they work on the bike doesn't mean everything after is there fault. he said anything transmission they would take care of but anything else is not there fault. said he could have charged me for the work and i cant play the "we touched it last so its our fault. if i go down the road he basically said he wouldn't help unless its transmission issues. starting going off about if a tire blows or lights go out. im just agreeing with him like yeh. he said that if i had a problem with them i could go to other shops. he said he didn't charge because he was trying to give good customer service.

I'm praying nothing else will go wrong I think given the situations i had a right to inspect and know what's going on and be Leary if they did the work right and if i deserved to be charged. they also did recall work some might have been wiring.... but anyway
    hopefully this is the end of issues i guess ill find out the next couple weeks of riding finally!
    The manager is the perfect example of "bad customer service." I would report the dealer to BRP. They should be thinking twice about the "intimidation game" being played against you. I would be going to another dealer in the future.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The manager is the perfect example of "bad customer service." I would report the dealer to BRP. They should be thinking twice about the "intimidation game" being played against you. I would be going to another dealer in the future.
    AND track down and talk to the Owner/Dealer Principal at that place - that Manager is going to be COSTING them in Sales and Repeat/Return Customers, probably doing so already, but if it hasn't got out already & hit the Internet, it won't be long before it does, and enough complaints about that sort of unacceptable behaviour could kill the business eventually!

Is there a Better Business Bureau or Consumer Affairs mob in your State, cos they deserve to know as well!

Someone famous once said: "All it takes for great evil to be done, is for good men to do nothing!" Or something along those lines...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Yeh I don't want to cause problems they have another location it's a little farther if anything happens again I'll be talking to them instead

Thanks everyone for the support it was a stressful time. I've put a couple hundred miles everything seems fine!