Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I have the soundtrack to Easy Rider on my MP3 Player that is hooked into my onboard radio. Also have stuff like Raiders of the Lost Ark, 1980's Battlestar Galatica, Bad to the Bone, John Philip Sousa Military Marches.
    It's fun to pull up to a red light with the music going out of my 4 speakers. The cage drivers next to me are listening to my Beach Boys Summer music in Mid November... Always get a grin and a thumbs up...have gotten a few boob flashes from ugly wimmen also.
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    According to Wikipedia:

"Thanks for the Memory" (1938) is a popular song, with music composed by Ralph Rainger and lyrics by Leo Robin. It was introduced in the 1938 film The Big Broadcast of 1938 by Shep Fields and His Orchestra with vocals by Bob Hope and Shirley Ross.
    In the film, Hope and Ross's characters are a couple who were married briefly and then divorced, and after other failed marriages, meet and sing poignantly about the good times of their failed relationship.
    The song won the Academy Award for Best Original Song, and became Hope's signature tune, with many different lyrics adapted to any situation.

Tom
    Correct, Bob Hope sang that for years.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    What a great movie !!! Man the thing has to be 40 years old.
    I saw that recently and I was really disappointed. I realize it was Dennis Hopper's first time directing but it really sucked. Forty years ago it was cool though. Of course I was smokin dope back then too and everything was cool.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

This is the movie that got me hooked on motorcycles.

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This is the movie that got me hooked on motorcycles.

YouTube- ON ANY SUNDAY 1971 Movie Trailer
    YES! That's more like it!
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Richard Thompson's 52 Vincent

ARTIST: Richard ThompsonTITLE: 1952 Vincent Black LightningLyrics and ChordsSaid Red Molly to James that's a fine motorbikeA girl could feel special on any such likeSaid James to Red Molly, well my hat's off to youIt's a Vincent Black Lightning, 1952And I've seen you at the corners and cafes it seemsRed hair and black leather, my favorite color schemeAnd he pulled her on behindAnd down to Box Hill they did ride/ A - - - D - / - - - - A - / : / E - D A / / E - D A - / Bm - D - / - - - - A - - - /Said James to Red Molly, here's a ring for your right handBut I'll tell you in earnest I'm a dangerous manI've fought with the law since I was seventeenI robbed many a man to get my Vincent machineNow I'm 21 years, I might make 22And I don't mind dying, but for the love of youAnd if fate should break my strideThen I'll give you my Vincent to rideCome down, come down, Red Molly, called Sergeant McRaeFor they've taken young James Adie for armed robberyShotgun blast hit his chest, left nothing insideOh, come down, Red Molly to his dying bedsideWhen she came to the hospital, there wasn't much leftHe was running out of road, he was running out of breathBut he smiled to see her cryAnd said I'll give you my Vincent to ride Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this worldBeats a 52 Vincent and a red headed girlNow Nortons and Indians and Greeveses won't doThey don't have a soul like a Vincent 52He reached for her hand and he slipped her the keysHe said I've got no further use for theseI see angels on Ariels in leather and chromeSwooping down from heaven to carry me homeAnd he gave her one last kiss and diedAnd he gave her his Vincent to ride

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 1952 Vincent

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

LAMONSTER said that "On Any Sunday" was the movie that got him hooked on motorcycles. (I don't know how to copy a quote from another post, either - need some lessons.)

I was already hooked when I saw the movie but, man, it sank the hook way deeper. Malcolm Smith, Steve McQueen and Mert Lawill are still my heroes. A few years ago, Malcolm was the main speaker at our enduro circuit's awards banquet. He was great - a million stories to tell and all of them involve bikes. I bet I've watched "On Any Sunday" at least 50 times and it's still good. See something else every time I watch. I don't know how anybody could watch it and not want to ride.

Come to think of it, the sun's shining and I'm retired. Think I'll take my BMW for a ride and try to figure out how to afford a Spyder.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Default Lynyrd Skynyrd: Call Me the Breeze

Great cruisin' song.

Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Default I just saw . . . .

. . . . the Slate website did a little retrospective on Easy Rider and the route of Easy Rider.

Here is their introactive map: http://www.slate.com/id/2235693/

And the whole article ( sort-of just so so ) http://www.slate.com/id/2233176/entry/2233171/

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    LAMONSTER said that "On Any Sunday" was the movie that got him hooked on motorcycles. (I don't know how to copy a quote from another post, either - need some lessons.)

I was already hooked when I saw the movie but, man, it sank the hook way deeper. Malcolm Smith, Steve McQueen and Mert Lawill are still my heroes. A few years ago, Malcolm was the main speaker at our enduro circuit's awards banquet. He was great - a million stories to tell and all of them involve bikes. I bet I've watched "On Any Sunday" at least 50 times and it's still good. See something else every time I watch. I don't know how anybody could watch it and not want to ride.

Come to think of it, the sun's shining and I'm retired. Think I'll take my BMW for a ride and try to figure out how to afford a Spyder.

Cotton
    For quotes, just push the "Quote" button in the selected post. The software will bring up a reply box with the quote contained. Just add to it.

I agree about On Any Sunday. I was hooked by the Triumph documentary films about Isle of Man, Bonneville, and the Jack Pine Enduro. I wish they were available on DVD. OAS just cemented my faith and made me want to be a better racer and rider. Malcolm Smith. Steve McQueen, and Mert Lawill are still my heros. Here is a picture from a few years ago of Mert on my tricycle, a great sport and a real gentleman.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    For quotes, just push the "Quote" button in the selected post. The software will bring up a reply box with the quote contained. Just add to it.

I agree about On Any Sunday. I was hooked by the Triumph documentary films about Isle of Man, Bonneville, and the Jack Pine Enduro. I wish they were available on DVD. OAS just cemented my faith and made me want to be a better racer and rider. Malcolm Smith. Steve McQueen, and Mert Lawill are still my heros. Here is a picture from a few years ago of Mert on my tricycle, a great sport and a real gentleman.
    Thanks for the info on quotes, Scotty. I still have a lot to learn about posting on this forum. I'm a much better lurker than I am a poster. Loved the picture of Mert Lawill on the trike. I don't hear much about Mert anymore. I know he builds custom mountain bikes but I don't know if he still rides motorcycles or not. All those guys were really something. You had to be much of a man to drag a Harley or a Triumph or a BMW through the mud at the Jack Pine.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    Thanks for the info on quotes, Scotty. I still have a lot to learn about posting on this forum. I'm a much better lurker than I am a poster. Loved the picture of Mert Lawill on the trike. I don't hear much about Mert anymore. I know he builds custom mountain bikes but I don't know if he still rides motorcycles or not. All those guys were really something. You had to be much of a man to drag a Harley or a Triumph or a BMW through the mud at the Jack Pine.

Cotton
    Thanks, I rode the Pine on 500 Triumphs twice, finished once.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

If I was to listen to Linkin Park while riding, I would probably end up going as fast as Doc does!
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    If I was to listen to Linkin Park while riding, I would probably end up going as fast as Doc does!
    If that is what you have to do, doc is a great rider wish I could have put more miles on with him.

On any sunday is a great movie I saw it for the first time after I got hurt but before I got my spyder.

the movie that got me into really thinking about why you ride fast was FASTER. Makes you really think if you could grid it out as a real racer

If you don't think it the best moto gp movie I will buy you lunch.

here is another great riding song

I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

there is another song - which fits perfect
    after some years - not sitting on a bike ... the spyder brought me

#

would also sing it with a girl on my side..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

lil wayne "stuntin like my daddy"

bon jovi "wanted dead or alive"

sons of anarchy theme song "this life"
    Last edited by bun-1; 11-18-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

not sure how to do that YouTube attachment....but I like to burn-up the twisties jammin' to: Fat Bottom Girls by Queen

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    not sure how to do that YouTube attachment....but I like to burn-up the twisties jammin' to: Fat Bottom Girls by Queen
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Lots of great songs, really like Vincent '52. Reminds me of a redhead that used to work in the Indian shop years ago. My favorite goes back to the "pickle" era;
    "Motorcycle Irene" by Moby Grape.

There she sit's a smokin'
    reefer in her mouth
    her hair hanging northward
    as she travels South.
    Dirty on her Harley,
    but her nails are clean.
    High windin',bumpin',grindin'
    Motorcycle Irene.

Love that song

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Turbo Lover

Here's one from Judas Priest

Spyder Garage

There use to be a killer video with this song and a bunch of GP racing action. I can't find the video right now but it was one that really got you going.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    There use to be a killer video with this song and a bunch of GP racing action. I can't find the video right now but it was one that really got you going.

YouTube- Nickelback - Animals
    I do have a 2007 excellent video promo (.wmv type) from Moto GP in my files, but I do not know how to upload it here.

Help please...

Saludos, Pilo
    "Limitations only exist in the mind..."